Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:43:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 142073 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2017, 09:29:33 PM »

In Ala, do any write in candidates have to declare and qualify?

My reading of the Alabama election laws is that they do not have to.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2017, 09:30:04 PM »

I bet the Democrats regret not going with a candidate who was pro-life.  I bet there are enough voters like me in Alabama who are deeply disturbed by Moore's actions but would never vote for (what we view as) a baby killer.  If the Democrat were pro-life, I would have this at Likely D right now, but this seems to be a tossup.

That's what bothers me about "pro-lifers".  People are upset about "baby killers" but don't have a problem when the babies become teenagers and get molested??!!

We do have a problem with it, but murder is obviously a worse crime than any sexual crime could ever be.

Moore would still have massive leads with evangelicals even if he literally murdered someone though.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2017, 09:31:01 PM »

I bet the Democrats regret not going with a candidate who was pro-life.  I bet there are enough voters like me in Alabama who are deeply disturbed by Moore's actions but would never vote for (what we view as) a baby killer.  If the Democrat were pro-life, I would have this at Likely D right now, but this seems to be a tossup.

That's what bothers me about "pro-lifers".  People are upset about "baby killers" but don't have a problem when the babies become teenagers and get molested??!!

We do have a problem with it, but murder is obviously a worse crime than any sexual crime could ever be.

If there's a silver lining to Trump's presidency, it's that he's mobilizing a new generation of pro-choicers.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2017, 09:33:36 PM »

When it comes to electing someone, neither crime is acceptable to ignore.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2017, 09:35:32 PM »

Moore has finally come up with something reasonable to say:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2017, 09:38:00 PM »

I bet the Democrats regret not going with a candidate who was pro-life.  I bet there are enough voters like me in Alabama who are deeply disturbed by Moore's actions but would never vote for (what we view as) a baby killer.  If the Democrat were pro-life, I would have this at Likely D right now, but this seems to be a tossup.

Let's say you were driving through a neighborhood and saw a yard sign for a candidate who was pro-choice, and you just drove by it. Would you be an accomplice since you were aware of someone being an open accomplice to the crime? You did nothing in that moment to stop the spread of sympathy towards the pro-choice movement. I think it's time to #LockYouUp.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2017, 09:40:07 PM »

Well he isn't wrong, but the fact that he's pretending that he did nothing wrong is very disturbing.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2017, 09:41:28 PM »

When both sides hate you, it should be a clue.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2017, 09:41:45 PM »

I'm not IceSpear's biggest defender here, but he's largely right. Moore's probably going to win, and murder or any of the seven deadly sins would only help him.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2017, 09:43:12 PM »

Danny Tarkanian (NV GOP Senate candidate) continues to support Moore.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2017, 09:45:04 PM »

I'm not IceSpear's biggest defender here, but he's largely right. Moore's probably going to win, and murder or any of the seven deadly sins would only help him.

He's entitled to an opinion, but his constant repetition of it is bordering on spamming and trolling.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2017, 09:46:15 PM »

Did someone say something about dog whistles?

Ben Jacobs‏ @Bencjacobs
Roy Moore mourns the end of school prayer and then adds "they started creating new rights in 1965"
6:33 PM - 14 Nov 2017
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2017, 09:48:45 PM »

Even if Jones was 100% Pro Life he still would not be able to ban abortion, because it was the Supreme Court not Congress who ruled that the Government cant ban abortion.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2017, 09:50:17 PM »

Well he isn't wrong, but the fact that he's pretending that he did nothing wrong is very disturbing.

He might be right about national Republicans, but certainly not Alabama Republicans. If they were against him, he'd be trailing by 20+ points.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2017, 09:52:17 PM »

He's entitled to an opinion, but his constant repetition of it is bordering on spamming and trolling.

If pointing out reality is trolling, then so be it.

Also, others have constantly repeated that they think Jones will win. So this "argument" meant to stifle dissent doesn't hold water. You guys should be mad at Alabama voters, not me.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2017, 09:54:03 PM »

Did someone say something about dog whistles?

Ben Jacobs‏ @Bencjacobs
Roy Moore mourns the end of school prayer and then adds "they started creating new rights in 1965"
6:33 PM - 14 Nov 2017

He should advocate for re-segregation, just to see how far he can take it.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2017, 09:55:10 PM »

I think IceSpear should lay off the sheer amount of posts he makes about it. It’s the same thing over and over again, and it’s a bit annoying at this point. We get it, you don’t think the Democrats have a chance of winning. You don’t have to make 50 posts about it.

Actually, let's be honest: the forum would be better off if IceSpear just left. Has he contributed anything meaningful at all in the last month? Anything at all, beyond incessant bitching about West Virginia and Alabama?

He's a good poster when he's not trolling the sh-t out of everyone, but it's kind of annoying to see him constantly doing the same thing he used to lambast Tender Branson for doing in 2016.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2017, 09:57:06 PM »

Well hopefully this can help Tarkanian  lose his sixth attempt at public office.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2017, 09:58:46 PM »

To be fair he might have been talking about Griswold vs. Connecticut (also from 1965).
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2017, 10:04:36 PM »

I think IceSpear should lay off the sheer amount of posts he makes about it. It’s the same thing over and over again, and it’s a bit annoying at this point. We get it, you don’t think the Democrats have a chance of winning. You don’t have to make 50 posts about it.

Actually, let's be honest: the forum would be better off if IceSpear just left. Has he contributed anything meaningful at all in the last month? Anything at all, beyond incessant bitching about West Virginia and Alabama?

He's a good poster when he's not trolling the sh-t out of everyone, but it's kind of annoying to see him constantly doing the same thing he used to lambast Tender Branson for doing in 2016.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #195 on: November 14, 2017, 10:16:43 PM »

Moore's lost Hannity.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2017, 10:18:05 PM »

Looks like Hannity has had enough.  He's given Moore 24 hours to fully explain the inconsistencies in his story, or Moore needs to withdraw.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2017, 10:18:23 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2017, 10:20:07 PM by ERM64man »

Limbaugh's defense of Moore: he was a Democrat at the time.  

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/360346-limbaugh-moore-was-a-democrat-at-time-of-sexual-misconduct-allegations

You can't make this stuff up.  Every day I become more inclined to believe we're living in a badly-written novel. Smiley
Most Southern Democrats at the time were very conservative. They were not liberals at all. Moore was always a staunch conservative, even when he was a Democrat.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2017, 10:22:18 PM »

Only on Atlas can a thread about how Alabama is going to elect a pedophile to the United States Senate turn into a discussion about what quality of poster I am. You guys are something else.

Wow. Finally a disavowal that might actually hurt Moore.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2017, 10:33:01 PM »

Are Alabamans going to throw their Keurigs at Hannity now?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies