Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:18:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 142207 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: November 15, 2017, 11:09:54 PM »

Wouldn't Strange resigning just let Ivey appoint an even lamer duck until the special election?

Yes, I think so. Republicans are mulling whether to argue that Strange resigning is the same as Sessions resigning, in terms of vacancy rules. That's quite a stretch, and stinks of desperation.

It’d also violate the 17th amendment, per Rick Hasen.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #351 on: November 15, 2017, 11:13:15 PM »

Wouldn't Strange resigning just let Ivey appoint an even lamer duck until the special election?

Yes, I think so. Republicans are mulling whether to argue that Strange resigning is the same as Sessions resigning, in terms of vacancy rules. That's quite a stretch, and stinks of desperation.

Maybe it'll trigger a second special election for the remainder of Strange's term (until Moore/Jones is seated for the rest of Sessions' term.)

Kinda if Roland Burris would've resigned sometime during his portion of a term
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #352 on: November 15, 2017, 11:20:52 PM »

Maybe it'll trigger a second special election for the remainder of Strange's term (until Moore/Jones is seated for the rest of Sessions' term.)

It won't just be a special election, but a very special election, just like on 80s and 90s sitcoms:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_special_episode
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #353 on: November 15, 2017, 11:35:55 PM »

What a ridiculous argument. If that were the case, every special election ever scheduled would be rescheduled just because the placeholder died or resigned! No matter all the people who voted in the primary or all the investment that went into holding the election, printing the ballots, and counting the ballots. Not to mention all the people that donated to the various candidates. That makes no sense at all!
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #354 on: November 15, 2017, 11:56:03 PM »

Okay I’m totally serious MOORE needs to drop out!
I don’t want to lose a safe senate seat!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #355 on: November 16, 2017, 12:06:26 AM »

The schadenfreude... can't hold it back.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #356 on: November 16, 2017, 12:11:30 AM »

So I am getting it that if Moore was still well ahead in the polls despite the scandal you would still support him and want him to stay in?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #357 on: November 16, 2017, 12:17:37 AM »

After what happened with Gillespie, Greedo is desperate for a win.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #358 on: November 16, 2017, 12:20:06 AM »

They've won enough for the next 3 years, at least.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #359 on: November 16, 2017, 12:26:14 AM »

What a ridiculous argument. If that were the case, every special election ever scheduled would be rescheduled just because the placeholder died or resigned! No matter all the people who voted in the primary or all the investment that went into holding the election, printing the ballots, and counting the ballots. Not to mention all the people that donated to the various candidates. That makes no sense at all!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #360 on: November 16, 2017, 12:28:21 AM »

That is true.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #361 on: November 16, 2017, 12:32:24 AM »

So I am getting it that if Moore was still well ahead in the polls despite the scandal you would still support him and want him to stay in?
Well I still do support Moore although he needs to drop out.

The big thing I don’t understand is.....

So the new woman claims that he grabbed her butt in his office in 1991,wouldn’t there have been video cameras in his office in the courthouse?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #362 on: November 16, 2017, 12:34:16 AM »

So the new woman claims that he grabbed her butt in his office in 1991,wouldn’t there have been video cameras in his office in the courthouse?

I doubt it? And even if there were, it's not like they kept the tapes in some warehouse for the last 26 years just in case someone wanted to reference them.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #363 on: November 16, 2017, 12:41:09 AM »

Video cameras in his office? - maybe, maybe not. He might have known how to turn them off anyways. Plus, the footage from CCTV is often wiped periodically if there are no timely inquiries as to what was recorded.

By still saying you will vote for Moore if he stays in the race, you are supporting Pedophilia and saying it is a moral thing. Control of the Senate is not at stake on Dec. 12 so you can't point to Schumer. Jones has no comparable scandal. Until and unless you endorse Mr. Jones or a third party candidate, you are a supporter of pedophilia. I suggest you change your endorsement immediately to remove any chance that you are banned from Atlas over this incident.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #364 on: November 16, 2017, 12:42:29 AM »

That is true.

After those suburban curb-stompings last week Greedy-0 is desperate for a win in the reddest state in the nation. He sweatin like a dog cuz if Moore loses the GOP gonna lose every state
Actually Moore losing is bad but that will be his fault for losing unlike Virginia house of delegates.

One of bright spots in the 45th State senate race we only lost it by 10. It was a 65-28 Clinton seat so that gives me hope that in the 8th that Rossi can win since the 45th is one of the more left wing parts of the district.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #365 on: November 16, 2017, 12:46:24 AM »

That is true.

After those suburban curb-stompings last week Greedy-0 is desperate for a win in the reddest state in the nation. He sweatin like a dog cuz if Moore loses the GOP gonna lose every state
Actually Moore losing is bad but that will be his fault for losing unlike Virginia house of delegates.

One of bright spots in the 45th State senate race we only lost it by 10. It was a 65-28 Clinton seat so that gives me hope that in the 8th that Rossi can win since the 45th is one of the more left wing parts of the district.
Eh I guess it’s possible but keep in mind that seat is much more Republican downballot so I wouldn’t say losing by 10 is all that impressive.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #366 on: November 16, 2017, 12:49:22 AM »

Video cameras in his office? - maybe, maybe not. He might have known how to turn them off anyways. Plus, the footage from CCTV is often wiped periodically if there are no timely inquiries as to what was recorded.

By still saying you will vote for Moore if he stays in the race, you are supporting Pedophilia and saying it is a moral thing. Control of the Senate is not at stake on Dec. 12 so you can't point to Schumer. Jones has no comparable scandal. Until and unless you endorse Mr. Jones or a third party candidate, you are a supporter of pedophilia. I suggest you change your endorsement immediately to remove any chance that you are banned from Atlas over this incident.
Again I don’t support pedophillia if more proof comes out that’s it true again emails,texts,pictures,videos The I will 100% unendorse Moore.
All I know is either Moore is lying or the women are lying all I know is that people in 2016 also said that trump reached up there dresses and that seems to have been BS so why should I believe these women?
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #367 on: November 16, 2017, 12:50:51 AM »

That is true.

Eh I guess it’s possible but keep in mind that seat is much more Republican downballot so I wouldn’t say losing by 10 is all that impressive.
True but keep in mind this was an off year election heck this seat voted 59-40 for obama so it’s a blue seat just not to bad to only lose by 10 when trump is president.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #368 on: November 16, 2017, 12:53:21 AM »

If you honestly think Rossi has a chance based on a special state senate election, then you must also believe Democrats have a shot at taking some Oklahoma House districts.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #369 on: November 16, 2017, 12:54:41 AM »

can you stop being a dumbass plz
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #370 on: November 16, 2017, 12:55:49 AM »

If you honestly think Rossi has a chance based on a special state senate election, then you must also believe Democrats have a shot at taking some Oklahoma House districts.
That’s my point in Oklahoma there super low turnout elections with a hated governor but the fact is trump is super hated upthere in Seattle so considering how blue it is in a trump off year election to only lose by 10 is pretty good.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #371 on: November 16, 2017, 12:57:43 AM »

That is true.

True but keep in mind this was an off year election heck this seat voted 59-40 for obama so it’s a blue seat just not to bad to only lose by 10 when trump is president.

That is true.

That is true.

It was still a very hyped of special though where both sides spent millions.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #372 on: November 16, 2017, 12:59:16 AM »

Again I don’t support pedophillia if more proof comes out that’s it true again emails,texts,pictures,videos The I will 100% unendorse Moore.
All I know is either Moore is lying or the women are lying all I know is that people in 2016 also said that trump reached up there dresses and that seems to have been BS so why should I believe these women?

You want a text? That yearbook signature should do nicely for you. Honestly you're just moving the goalposts and until and unless you repent and endorse Jones or a third party candidate it must be assumed that you support Moore's actions. It doesn't matter if you want him to drop out - the fact that you would still proudly check his name on a ballot is evidence enough you support his actions.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #373 on: November 16, 2017, 01:01:57 AM »

Greedo will not be satisfied until Moore himself says "Sorry for molesting you!" and probably would still support him on the basis of "well he said sorry it clearly means he regrets it"
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #374 on: November 16, 2017, 01:02:33 AM »

Nathan Gonzales and CQ Politics have moved the Alabama race from "Likely Republican" to "Tossup."  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies