Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:24:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 142242 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: November 17, 2017, 01:18:23 AM »
« edited: November 17, 2017, 01:20:01 AM by Vega »

On the theory that the allegations against Moore are a Dem conspiracy: if the Dems were willing to go that low, why not just go all the way and make up allegations of gay relationships? Those claims would have hurt Moore more with his base.

Who is this addressing -  and who that should actually be taken seriously is saying it's a Democratic conspiracy?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #476 on: November 17, 2017, 01:22:47 AM »

You can't compare Scott Brown winning in 2009 with this, because he won on actual voter discontent along with the poor campaign that Coakley ran. If Jones manages to win this (which looks likely), it will be because his opponent was a sexual predator who lusted for teen girls - not because Alabama is sending a message about policy or Trump, pretty much the exact opposite of Brown's 2009 win.

You can still compare them. Unless the items are comparison are literally identical then you can always criticize the comparison by saying it's not the same thing, as you are here.

So maybe you think it's a bad comparison maybe, but you can still compare them.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #477 on: November 17, 2017, 01:25:17 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2017, 01:45:05 AM by Arkansas Yankee »

I posted what was here in error
Hydera

« Reply #478 on: November 17, 2017, 01:29:28 AM »

You can't compare Scott Brown winning in 2009 with this, because he won on actual voter discontent along with the poor campaign that Coakley ran. If Jones manages to win this (which looks likely), it will be because his opponent was a sexual predator who lusted for teen girls - not because Alabama is sending a message about policy or Trump, pretty much the exact opposite of Brown's 2009 win.

You can still compare them. Unless the items are comparison are literally identical then you can always criticize the comparison by saying it's not the same thing, as you are here.

So maybe you think it's a bad comparison maybe, but you can still compare them.

Eh i was just trying to compare the two races by the turnout. If it isnt already obvious the dems have a more uphill battle regarding turning out enough presidential level voters because African american voters tend to have lower turnout.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #479 on: November 17, 2017, 02:26:32 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2017, 02:29:49 AM by Arkansas Yankee »

If I were the Governor I would order Gloria to turn over the yearbook for analysis or I would reset the election date. Republicans need to Learn to fight.

Fighting in this case would be dealing with Gloria.  I think Gloria may be trying to pull something, even if all the other claims are true.  Dear Gloria always wants to be the story.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #480 on: November 17, 2017, 02:36:37 AM »

If I were the Governor I would order Gloria to turn over the yearbook for analysis or I would reset the election date. Republicans need to Learn to fight.

Fighting in this case would be dealing with Gloria.  I think Gloria may be trying to pull something, even if all the other claims are true.  Dear Gloria always wants to be the story.
-Governor Ivey can't do that
-most likely unconstitutional; certainly very damaging
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #481 on: November 17, 2017, 02:38:21 AM »

What on earth do you think they've been doing since the 90s?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #482 on: November 17, 2017, 02:59:56 AM »

If I were the Governor I would order Gloria to turn over the yearbook for analysis or I would reset the election date.

What kind of country do you think we live in? You can't just cancel elections because your candidate didn't work out. I really would hate to see what our system would look like if designed by contemporary conservatives. Literally zero interest in how the system works so long as it elects conservatives consistently. Sheesh

Huh

What have they been doing for decades now then? They literally just stole a Supreme Court seat from Obama, and like a hundred lower court seats as well. Republicans always push the limits of what is acceptable. If you think they don't fight at all, I can't imagine what you think actual 'fighting' is..

Honestly I think you need to bone up on contemporary politics and maybe revisit what you think is acceptable in elections and governing in a politically divided country.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #483 on: November 17, 2017, 03:10:01 AM »

If I were the Governor I would order Gloria to turn over the yearbook for analysis or I would reset the election date.

What kind of country do you think we live in? You can't just cancel elections because your candidate didn't work out. I really would hate to see what our system would look like if designed by contemporary conservatives. Literally zero interest in how the system works so long as it elects conservatives consistently. Sheesh

Huh

What have they been doing for decades now then? They literally just stole a Supreme Court seat from Obama, and like a hundred lower court seats as well. Republicans always push the limits of what is acceptable. If you think they don't fight at all, I can't imagine what you think actual 'fighting' is..

Honestly I think you need to bone up on contemporary politics and maybe revisit what you think is acceptable in elections and governing in a politically divided country.

He's a Republican in the age of Trump, hej obviously hates the Constitution.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #484 on: November 17, 2017, 08:40:32 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2017, 09:23:46 AM by Arkansas Yankee »

Huh

He's a Republican in the age of Trump, hej obviously hates the Constitution.

All little Gloria has to do is agree to have the yearbook examined by a neutral party to avoid the rescheduling. I am not challenging the other women at this time.  There are some possible discrepancies in that documents I want determined now.  If those signatures are not  legitimate then we will have some. If you fight such a turnover, it can only indicate you do not trust little Gloria either.

I will come back to the fight argument later today.  I have some physical disabilities that prevent me from working in the yard anymore.  My yardman has come and I have to go out to direct.  See you later.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #485 on: November 17, 2017, 09:21:45 AM »

Anyone else think it's really, really creepy Arkansas Yankee is calling Gloria, "little"?
EnglishPete

« Reply #486 on: November 17, 2017, 09:23:20 AM »

Most of the events happened in the late 70s. This guy was a manager from 1981. Even then his statement was hardly emphatic. He said he couldn't remember there being a ban
Really. The local Deputy DA, someone who was by the early eighties starting to get involved in local politics and be involved in political controversies even then, was banned from the mall and yet the manager of the mall, the guy who amongst other things was in charged of the 'banned list' for the mall has absolutely no recollection of any such things being the case. All the time Moore was starting to be involved in political fights at county and statewide level Moore was on the Mall banned list but the mall manager had no awareness of this

Bullsh**t, if you believe that you'll believe anything.

This is the actual manager of the mall

http://www.wbrc.com/clip/13905910/former-gadsden-mall-manager-says-roy-moore-wasnt-banned

and here is the video of some clown claiming that he was a mall employee at the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEouLsW2AVc

one of these two men is deliberately lying and the other is telling the truth. If you think the one telling the truth is the shifty looking schlub in the second video then you're an idiot.
EnglishPete

« Reply #487 on: November 17, 2017, 09:32:14 AM »

Anyone else think it's really, really creepy Arkansas Yankee is calling Gloria, "little"?

She's five foot three, would "big gloria' be less insulting. Don't worry about Gloria getting all these insults. She has to be virtually guaranteed an Emmy for Best Director next year for this week's show, that must be some comfort to her.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #488 on: November 17, 2017, 09:35:24 AM »

As I come into rest my leg, I will to arguments and name calling.

As far as Gloria is concerned she money grubbing publicity seeker.

By the way I do not call anyone posting here names.  I do likewise at Ace of Spades.

But wingers at each blog think they advance there arguments by name calling.  Whatever.  I will not join in it.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #489 on: November 17, 2017, 09:50:52 AM »

As for the lack of civility in or politics it was begun by the Democrats during the Bork hearing.  There is a verb that arose from that hearing: Borking.  They continued it in the Thomas hearing.  They have continued it during most every Republican nomination.

Republicans have pretty well not returned fire, even when they should have. That is one reason I say they will not fight.

Now we have the Democrats slowing the nomination process.  I understand it for the nominations to the Courts. But I do not understand it for the executive appointments.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #490 on: November 17, 2017, 10:03:17 AM »

You guys should really leave the thread to the grown-ups.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #491 on: November 17, 2017, 10:04:56 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Is this the first disavowal of Moore by an in-state Republican organization?
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #492 on: November 17, 2017, 10:06:24 AM »

Huh

This is the Putin school of politics. If you're not rigging, you're not trying.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #493 on: November 17, 2017, 10:06:37 AM »

Oh please. The idea Democrats began the politicization of Supreme Court nominations is absurd. Every time Republicans whine about Bork, Democrats are right to whine about the Republican held Senate conducting the first SCOTUS fillibuster against Abe Fortas in '67.

There's not a high ground on the politicization of the court.

The idea that Republicans aren't playing the same game is even more laughable, especially after Garland.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #494 on: November 17, 2017, 10:18:16 AM »

Sounds like JMC is coming out with another poll soon.

https://mobile.twitter.com/von_levi/status/931534747012096000
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #495 on: November 17, 2017, 10:45:58 AM »

N author=Cucks Against Cordray link=topic=277182.msg5915408#msg5915408 date=1510931197]
Oh please. The idea Democrats began the politicization of Supreme Court nominations is absurd. Every time Republicans whine about Bork, Democrats are right to whine about the Republican held Senate conducting the first SCOTUS fillibuster against Abe Fortas in '67.

There's not a high ground on the politicization of the court.

The idea that Republicans aren't playing the same game is even more laughable, especially after Garland.
[/quote]

You conveniently forget that Fortas was forced to resign due to ethical problems.

Second that is only one case in exactly 50 years. 
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #496 on: November 17, 2017, 10:52:56 AM »

How about taking the Supreme Court discussion to another thread?
EnglishPete

« Reply #497 on: November 17, 2017, 11:10:55 AM »

As far as Gloria is concerned she money grubbing publicity seeker.

Well exactly. Her acting in her shows is about as realistic as that on daytime soap operas which is presumably why the libs and SJWs here feel the need to scream bloody murder at anyone who doesn't swallow her stories like mother's milk.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #498 on: November 17, 2017, 11:16:16 AM »

Hmm, I wonder why a woman has a vivid memory of a traumatic event? 🤔

Just because EnglishPete wanks furiously to pictures of female corpses doesn’t make him an expert on women.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #499 on: November 17, 2017, 11:54:56 AM »

Breitbart has a story that Nance's stepson says she is a liar.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/16/exclusive-stepson-of-roy-moore-accuser-accusations-one-hundred-percent-a-lie/

I know it is Breitbart.  But it is one more reason that the yearbook needs to be analyzed.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies