Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:56:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 142096 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: November 20, 2017, 04:11:07 AM »

Madison County and Mobile County are the ones to really watch.

I would also be looking closely at Jefferson County and Shelby County....

Although Jones doesn't have to win Shelby County for a win, he does need to pick up a decent chunk of Republican leaning voters in suburban Birmingham, which actually is a decent chunk of the vote in Jefferson County, once you take out the cities of Birmigham and Bessemer (That vote overwhelmingly Democratic).... If he's not winning Metro Birmingham, it's difficult to see how he put's together a statewide win....

Based on what everyone else is saying, I'm guessing that Jones basically has to win Tuscaloosa County if he's to have a chance? It seems like a Democratic win means the Black Belt gets thickened and Democrats pick up Mobile, Madison (Huntsville), and maybe Talladega (which I only know from knowing NASCAR fans). For the most part, it's the margins you have to look at in a strongly racially polarized state like Alabama. What's the thinking on Jefferson County, something around 65%?
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #651 on: November 20, 2017, 05:02:55 AM »

Madison County and Mobile County are the ones to really watch.

I would also be looking closely at Jefferson County and Shelby County....

Although Jones doesn't have to win Shelby County for a win, he does need to pick up a decent chunk of Republican leaning voters in suburban Birmingham, which actually is a decent chunk of the vote in Jefferson County, once you take out the cities of Birmigham and Bessemer (That vote overwhelmingly Democratic).... If he's not winning Metro Birmingham, it's difficult to see how he put's together a statewide win....

Based on what everyone else is saying, I'm guessing that Jones basically has to win Tuscaloosa County if he's to have a chance? It seems like a Democratic win means the Black Belt gets thickened and Democrats pick up Mobile, Madison (Huntsville), and maybe Talladega (which I only know from knowing NASCAR fans). For the most part, it's the margins you have to look at in a strongly racially polarized state like Alabama. What's the thinking on Jefferson County, something around 65%?

I don't know the state at all, so by all means throw my input out the window, but Mobile and Madison were both approx 55-40 Trump, so there's certainly ample opportunity for Jones there. Talladega was 60-35 Trump, and Tuscaloosa 57-38, so I could see the latter falling to Jones but not the former. Lee County (58-35 Trump) might also have some opportunity for Jones. Not that the presidential race is necessarily a good guide, but I'm assuming most Trump voters will be straight down the line for someone like Moore.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #652 on: November 20, 2017, 08:23:17 AM »

A rumored rapist which I still don’t buy because that year book looks super fake.

The guy was banned from the mall, FFS.
A manger at that time said he was not banned.

That guy was manager of the mall starting in 1981, past the time of these assaults.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #653 on: November 20, 2017, 09:12:11 AM »

Observations:

1. A few people here believe the allegations against Moore are false.
2. The majority appears to believe they are true.
3. Neither side is ever, ever going to persuade the other based on what we know now.

Suggestion:

Unless and until new evidence comes to light, stop rehashing the same stuff over and over again.  This will probably help lower your stress level. Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #654 on: November 20, 2017, 09:17:04 AM »

A rumored rapist which I still don’t buy because that year book looks super fake.

That guy was manager of the mall starting in 1981, past the time of these assaults.

And apparently Creepo missed the statement from the former Gadsden cop (a notoriously liberal bunch) who said Moore's lacking on high school girls at the mall and elsewhere was the worst kept secret in town.
EnglishPete

« Reply #655 on: November 20, 2017, 09:35:38 AM »

If he had been on a banned list he would still have been on it. He was the Deputy DA, he started being involved in local politics in the early 80s when this guy was the manager and in getting involved in politics Moore was, in his case, involved in political controversies and subject to political flak right from the start. The idea that all that could have been going on and the manager of the mall, the guy in charge of the banned list, wouldn't have been aware if Moore was on a banned list is absurd.

Look at this interview here with the manager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffas5nWqGBM

and now look at this interview wit this clown who claims to have been a mall employee at the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEouLsW2AVc

If you think the jackass in the second video is the more honest looking one then you're an idiot.
EnglishPete

« Reply #656 on: November 20, 2017, 09:37:22 AM »

And apparently Creepo missed the statement from the former Gadsden cop (a notoriously liberal bunch) who said Moore's lacking on high school girls at the mall and elsewhere was the worst kept secret in town.

Who is this alleged former Gadsden cop? Is there any reason to think he's more convincing than the jackass in the second video in my last post?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #657 on: November 20, 2017, 09:38:11 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #658 on: November 20, 2017, 09:55:36 AM »

English prick must be beside himself. The liberal media's conspiracy recruited the Alabama young Republicans too!
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #659 on: November 20, 2017, 10:12:45 AM »

Not a coincidence that the only two R groups to spurn Moore have "young" in their names.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #660 on: November 20, 2017, 10:53:12 AM »

The biggest mistake Jones has made so far is coming out as pro-choice, even Joe Donnelly and Joe Manchin pull it off pretty well. The pic of him and Hillary is pretty bad as well. I kind of wish Sue Bell Cobb ran for Senate instead of Governor.

Yeah, my hopes have gone down quite a bit. I saw some of the nutters were running an ad with Jones's pro-choice stance and my first thought was "well, the lead was nice while it lasted."

They've (I'm assuming it's The Solution Fund PAC) spent $26,000 on that ad buy, BTW - not really enough to counter Jones' advertising or matter in the slightest. Jones has had a >10:1 ad advantage for quite some time now, even before the scandal.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #661 on: November 20, 2017, 11:34:16 AM »

Most of the people I'm talking to still say they're voting for Moore. They say they're doing it with hopes he gets kicked out of the Senate and Gov. Ivey appoints another Republican.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #662 on: November 20, 2017, 11:43:19 AM »

Most of the people I'm talking to still say they're voting for Moore. They say they're doing it with hopes he gets kicked out of the Senate and Gov. Ivey appoints another Republican.

That's called trying to rationalize doing what they know is wrong.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #663 on: November 20, 2017, 11:47:18 AM »

That's called trying to rationalize doing what they know is wrong.

Also these are the types of folks (not the specifically the folks Alabama_Indy10 is talking about) that tend to not show up to the polls at the same % as true believers.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #664 on: November 20, 2017, 12:01:24 PM »

Wow. That is isn't surprising though. I'm trying to think of how they're gonna defend the man if the Senate ends up allowing him to swear in.
UncleSam

« Reply #665 on: November 20, 2017, 12:22:03 PM »

I mean if the choice were between a liberal who had done these things and a candidate who did not share their values I would not expect voters in, say, California to pick the Republican because it was 'the right thing to do' and then feign moral outrage and lambaste the citizens of that state for voting for their beliefs in a pragmatic fashion.

Now I personally hope this does not happen, but the attacks against the voters of Alabama by partisan hacks itt are the epitome of disingenuous. If Bob Menendez had been convicted no one here wanted him expelled immediately, and why should you have? Your party could've saved a seat by stalling for a few months, a seat critical to legislative successes in the coming year or so.

While I don't think corruption is on the same level as pedophilia, I also don't think a conviction for a crime is on the same level as being accused of a crime.

Basically stop calling people denigrating names for voting based on their beliefs and refusing to vote for someone who does not share those beliefs.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #666 on: November 20, 2017, 12:34:34 PM »

I mean if the choice were between a liberal who had done these things and a candidate who did not share their values I would not expect voters in, say, California to pick the Republican because it was 'the right thing to do' and then feign moral outrage and lambaste the citizens of that state for voting for their beliefs in a pragmatic fashion.

Now I personally hope this does not happen, but the attacks against the voters of Alabama by partisan hacks itt are the epitome of disingenuous. If Bob Menendez had been convicted no one here wanted him expelled immediately, and why should you have? Your party could've saved a seat by stalling for a few months, a seat critical to legislative successes in the coming year or so.

While I don't think corruption is on the same level as pedophilia, I also don't think a conviction for a crime is on the same level as being accused of a crime.

Basically stop calling people denigrating names for voting based on their beliefs and refusing to vote for someone who does not share those beliefs.
New Jersey Democrats would settle for a Christie appointee, who would lose in 2018 anyway. California Democrats would reluctantly vote for a Republican (if one makes it to a runoff, which is already unlikely, making it moot; the CA Democratic Party and DNC would even refuse to endorse their own candidate) Minnesota Democrats want Franken out. Do you get your news from Breitbart?
BundouYMB

« Reply #667 on: November 20, 2017, 12:37:31 PM »

"There's nothing wrong with voting for a pedophile!!!"

We have reached peak Republican.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #668 on: November 20, 2017, 12:41:49 PM »

The names people call Alabama Republicans on this forum are much nicer than the things said about liberals every day on Fox News.
Really what does Fox News call liberals?

You and others have called me a rapist a predator a right wing crazy and others.
UncleSam

« Reply #669 on: November 20, 2017, 12:48:33 PM »

New Jersey Democrats would settle for a Christie appointee, who would lose in 2018 anyway. California Democrats would reluctantly vote for a Republican (if one makes it to a runoff, which is already unlikely, making it moot; the CA Democratic Party and DNC would even refuse to endorse their own candidate) Minnesota Democrats want Franken out. Do you get your news from Breitbart?
I never said Dems would support a pedophile. I'm saying Dems are pragmatic, and no way in hell would they settle for a Christie appointee who would repeal ObamaCare. I wouldn't expect them to, either, given the stakes of giving Republicans an extra senate seat and the damage that could cause.

But yes, just plug your ears and shout that anyone who dares say you shouldn't attack rural conservatives must be a dedicated Breitbart reader lol. Literally what is wrong with the left today: absolute dogmatism.

I personally am closer to Jones in beliefs and would vote for him anyway regardless of these scandals. However, I recognize that others are not and have the presence of mind not to mistake political pragmatism (like Kay Ivey's) for support for pedophilia. You apparently lack any such ability to apply basic critical thinking skills and separate someone's position on something like this from their personal views.

But yes, feel free to ignore the fact that Franken will not be expelled and Menendez would not have been expelled even if convicted until Murphy is governor. I feel that any of the above are reasonable moves from the perspective of those performing them, given the consequences legislatively should they not take them. You feel none of the above should happen. That's fine, but don't pretend that anyone with a thought towards consequences to the constituents in terms of laws against their will is evil.
UncleSam

« Reply #670 on: November 20, 2017, 12:53:05 PM »

The names people call Alabama Republicans on this forum are much nicer than the things said about liberals every day on Fox News.
Really what does Fox News call liberals?

You and others have called me a rapist a predator a right wing crazy and others.

Two of those three things are true.
I've never seen anything on Fox News (admittedly I literally only see it briefly while visiting my parents) about liberals anywhere near as insulting as this particular statement. As far as I'm aware they typically describe liberals as things like 'anti-American' or 'crazies'. Never seen people called sexual predators though outside of Bill Clinton, who almost certainly was.

Anyway if you don't like Greedo's posts just put him on ignore, the notion that you'll do anything other than make things worse by bashing and borderline verbally abusing a 16 (?) year old on the internet is lunacy.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #671 on: November 20, 2017, 12:54:49 PM »

The biggest mistake Jones has made so far is coming out as pro-choice, even Joe Donnelly and Joe Manchin pull it off pretty well. The pic of him and Hillary is pretty bad as well. I kind of wish Sue Bell Cobb ran for Senate instead of Governor.

Yeah, my hopes have gone down quite a bit. I saw some of the nutters were running an ad with Jones's pro-choice stance and my first thought was "well, the lead was nice while it lasted."

Moore will win once he gets all the ExtremeConservatives riled up about abortion because you know #ProLife stops once the babies pop out of the womb

You shouldn't have wavered, my friend. Moore was always inevitable. Tongue
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #672 on: November 20, 2017, 12:56:42 PM »

"There's nothing wrong with voting for a pedophile!!!"

We have reached peak Republican.

"You're an elitist and worse than pedophiles if you bash people that vote for pedophiles!" - Multiple Atlas users have said unironically.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #673 on: November 20, 2017, 01:05:03 PM »

Despite the lack of polling their is definitely a feel this has swung back to Moore.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #674 on: November 20, 2017, 01:07:32 PM »

I appreciate Jones' honesty in this matter, though. At least he isn't pretending to be pro-life like Manchin, Donnelly, Heitkamp, etc. even if it hurts him politically in a state like AL.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies