Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:58:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 142099 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: November 20, 2017, 03:16:04 PM »

I mean if the choice were between a liberal who had done these things and a candidate who did not share their values I would not expect voters in, say, California to pick the Republican because it was 'the right thing to do' and then feign moral outrage and lambaste the citizens of that state for voting for their beliefs in a pragmatic fashion.

Now I personally hope this does not happen, but the attacks against the voters of Alabama by partisan hacks itt are the epitome of disingenuous. If Bob Menendez had been convicted no one here wanted him expelled immediately, and why should you have? Your party could've saved a seat by stalling for a few months, a seat critical to legislative successes in the coming year or so.

While I don't think corruption is on the same level as pedophilia, I also don't think a conviction for a crime is on the same level as being accused of a crime.

Basically stop calling people denigrating names for voting based on their beliefs and refusing to vote for someone who does not share those beliefs.

"There's nothing wrong with voting for a pedophile!!!"

We have reached peak Republican.

"You're an elitist and worse than pedophiles if you bash people that vote for pedophiles!" - Multiple Atlas users have said unironically.

Oh, and calling those said people "predators" or "right-wing crazies" is worse than anything Fox News has done or said or labelled people as.

Do you truly want your standard of justifiable criticism to be "Fox News is just as bad"?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #701 on: November 20, 2017, 03:20:20 PM »

Did something happen? No new polls? Is this just Atlas being Atlas?

It's the White House basically giving their full endorsement to Moore, and the Deep South and Appalachia and parts of the Plains are the only parts of the country where Trump is a net positive still.

Worked for Strange.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #702 on: November 20, 2017, 03:21:09 PM »

Jones openly went pro-choice.

FTR, the feeling two weeks ago was that Gillespie, Orman/Kander/Ossoff was closing the gap and Northam Roberts/Blunt/Handel was "blowing it".

FTFY

And see how those turned out? Exactly.

No, all these allegations did was keep the race in single-digits, when it should've gone the way of Parker Griffifth.

And far as I can tell, Jones isn't pulling a JBE-esque campaign either.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #703 on: November 20, 2017, 03:42:12 PM »

FTR, the feeling two weeks ago was that Gillespie, Orman/Kander/Ossoff was closing the gap and Northam Roberts/Blunt/Handel was "blowing it".

FTFY

No, all these allegations did was keep the race in single-digits, when it should've gone the way of Parker Griffifth.

Oh for crap's sake, Moore is finished. Child molestation is not okay with voters anywhere, which means that your comparisons are bogus. I swear, a Republican could committed an ax murder of a priest on live television and Atlas would still claim the Republican would win, then act surprised when they lost on election day.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #704 on: November 20, 2017, 03:43:40 PM »

FTFY

Jones has been openly Pro-choice since before his campaign even began, so I don't see how this changes anything.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #705 on: November 20, 2017, 03:52:39 PM »

If Jones is pro-choice then I don't see why saying so is a mistake. People always understand a phony (look at Mitt Romney) and changing his position would open him to charges of being an opportunist by both sides.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #706 on: November 20, 2017, 04:04:25 PM »

^ Yeah. I've been thinking about something Kander said near the beginning of the year, something along the lines of "I continually found that voters were willing to overlook a disagreement on one issue if they felt I was fighting for what I really believed in.".  Remember, the guy outran Hillary by 16 points, he knows what he's talking about. As much as I hate Trump, I have to acknowledge that one thing he did right in the campaign was standing by his "gaffes" rather than awkwardly backtracking. Voters like consistency, not whataboutery, and while Jones shouldn't have said what he said in that MSNBC interview, he should stick by it now that he's said it.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #707 on: November 20, 2017, 05:34:58 PM »

FTFY

Oh for crap's sake, Moore is finished. Child molestation is not okay with voters anywhere, which means that your comparisons are bogus. I swear, a Republican could committed an ax murder of a priest on live television and Atlas would still claim the Republican would win, then act surprised when they lost on election day.

What about bodyslamming a reporter or grabbing a pussy?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #708 on: November 20, 2017, 05:37:26 PM »

I don't know if this story is 100% accurate but: https://www.google.com/amp/www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/20/doug-jones-second-amendment-limitations/amp/#ampshare=http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/20/doug-jones-second-amendment-limitations/
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #709 on: November 20, 2017, 05:38:20 PM »

lol Breitbart
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #710 on: November 20, 2017, 06:20:40 PM »

FTFY

We know your opinion about this race, you post it several times a day repeatedly. Ignored.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #711 on: November 20, 2017, 06:27:52 PM »

yeah I'd rather Jones stand by his convictions. a Pro-life Democrat could easily lose as well considering conservative GOPers will just find some other reason not to vote for Jones.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #712 on: November 20, 2017, 07:10:42 PM »

yeah I'd rather Jones stand by his convictions. a Pro-life Democrat could easily lose as well considering conservative GOPers will just find some other reason not to vote for Jones.
Prosecuting the surviving church bombers.
EnglishPete

« Reply #713 on: November 20, 2017, 07:11:12 PM »

Why is Moore leading in Predicitt again?

Because apparently a Senate seat is more important to Republican voters than a candidate being literally Satan. Just like IceSpear and I said a while back.

Either that or Republican voters in Alabama have come to the conclusion that this whole "Roy Moore is a Pedo" claim is simply a media hatchet job based on lies.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #714 on: November 20, 2017, 07:13:05 PM »

Because apparently a Senate seat is more important to Republican voters than a candidate being literally Satan. Just like IceSpear and I said a while back.

Either that or Republican voters in Alabama have come to the conclusion that this whole "Roy Moore is a Pedo" claim is simply a media hatchet job based on lies.

Only 4 people in this world seriously believe the Moore Denial: You, Hannity, Greedo, and Moore himself. Everyone else is just supporting Moore because they're brainless brats who vote republican in a very robotic manner.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #715 on: November 20, 2017, 07:22:02 PM »

Jones was openly pro-choice months ago, why is this a big deal right now at this very moment?

Also it should be noted that Jones basically has the airwaves to himself for months and there is no outside calvary coming in for Moore.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #716 on: November 20, 2017, 07:24:10 PM »

Pete needs to change his name to KGB Pete or Moscow Pete.
EnglishPete

« Reply #717 on: November 20, 2017, 07:36:54 PM »

Only 4 people in this world seriously believe the Moore Denial: You, Hannity, Greedo, and Moore himself. Everyone else is just supporting Moore because they're brainless brats who vote republican in a very robotic manner.

I notice you taking a view that several other posters here take. You're so convinced of the truth of these claims that you're convinced that almost no one else really doubts them either. The fact that the polls still show Moore getting nearly half the vote makes you think 'OMG these people would rather vote for a pedo than a Dem'. The fact that the great majority of the hundreds of thousands of people intending to vote for Moore will either seriously doubt the accusations against more or will think them a flat out media hoax seems to be beyond your comprehension.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #718 on: November 20, 2017, 07:42:08 PM »

One notable difference between this race and the Massachusetts 2010 one is that the polls only showed the MA as competitive about a week before the election. The Republicans have over a month to try to recover here.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #719 on: November 20, 2017, 07:43:24 PM »

FTFY

We know your opinion about this race, you post it several times a day repeatedly. Ignored.

You didn't actually answer the question, lol.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #720 on: November 20, 2017, 08:06:30 PM »

One notable difference between this race and the Massachusetts 2010 one is that the polls only showed the MA as competitive about a week before the election. The Republicans have over a month to try to recover here.

December 12th is in three weeks. That is far from being over a month.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #721 on: November 20, 2017, 08:08:47 PM »

December 12th is in three weeks. That is far from being over a month.

This race stopped being safe before the November 12th.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #722 on: November 20, 2017, 08:39:34 PM »

This race shows Democratic defeatism on full display. Good thing the dems down in Alabama aren't acting the same way, or this race would still be at likely or safe R.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #723 on: November 20, 2017, 08:53:17 PM »

This race shows Democratic defeatism on full display. Good thing the dems down in Alabama aren't acting the same way, or this race would still be at likely or safe R.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #724 on: November 20, 2017, 08:57:41 PM »

Although it's true that there is time for Moore to recover, there hasn't been any indication that the race is moving in that direction. The only good publicity he's had in weeks is Kellyanne confirming that Trump isn't backing away from Moore.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies