Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:13:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 142095 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: November 22, 2017, 01:48:48 PM »

Money will not defeat Roy Moore. Luther Strange tried that.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #901 on: November 22, 2017, 01:49:00 PM »

Just got this sponsored ad on Facebook:

I assume he is talking about the JMC poll from 11/9-11/11.

GOP women won't vote for Rapin Roy Moore
EnglishPete

« Reply #902 on: November 22, 2017, 01:50:37 PM »

Gena Richardson's story made no sense. She says he called her and spoke to her on the phone at school in an era when there were no cell phones.  Is she seriously suggesting that the school office would receive a call from a strange man and the take a child out of class to hand over their phone to her to take the call?

Yes? I mean, I’m not even that old and I know that’s how it worked. The school office probably also know Roy Moore was the assistant DA, so he’s not some random stranger.

Life before cell phones was... very different, to say the least.

Yep. And of course saying that this story is obviously an invented conflation does not necessarily mean that the Corfman account is also false. Passing bits and pieces of other people's stories as their own is common with fabulists and in a media frenzy like this attracts that kind of person.

(Incidentally this is a reason to not automatically believe every accusation being made about Hollywood stars. The accusation about Weinstein and Spacey were clearly well founded, in both cases the evidence was overwhelming and they have more or less admitted it. However the media feeding frenzy will and probably has already attracted fabulist false accusers)
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #903 on: November 22, 2017, 01:59:18 PM »

Gena Richardson's story made no sense. She says he called her and spoke to her on the phone at school in an era when there were no cell phones.  Is she seriously suggesting that the school office would receive a call from a strange man and the take a child out of class to hand over their phone to her to take the call?

Yes? I mean, I’m not even that old and I know that’s how it worked. The school office probably also know Roy Moore was the assistant DA, so he’s not some random stranger.

Life before cell phones was... very different, to say the least.

Without passing judgment on the validity of the claims, I will say it was not uncommon for teachers to have phones in their classrooms as well. So the office could just connect Moore to the line for the right classroom and the girl could talk to him without even being taken out of class.

I’ll give EnglishPedo the benefit of the doubt and assume it was different in the UK.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #904 on: November 22, 2017, 02:16:43 PM »

School: "Hello, this is Gadsden High School."

Moore: "Good afternoon, my name is Roy Moore, Assistant District Attorney for Etowah County. I need to speak to a student at your school, her name is Gena Richardson."

School: "Oh yes, Gena... I hope she's not in any trouble?"

Moore: "No ma'am, I just need to speak to her."

School: "Certainly Mr. Moore, I'll call her to the phone right away."
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #905 on: November 22, 2017, 02:18:34 PM »

Roy Moore on meeting his wife when she was 23. "Many years before, I had attended a dance recital at Gadsden State Junior College," Moore wrote. "I remembered one of the special dances performed by a young woman whose first and last names began with the letter 'K.' It was something I had never forgotten. Could that young woman have been Kayla Kisor?" Moore later determined that it was. "Long afterward, I would learn that Kayla had, in fact, performed a special dance routine at Gadsden State years before," He even admitted she was 15 at the time"It was, oh gosh, eight years later, or something, I met her," Moore said. "And when she told me her name, I remembered 'K. K.,' and I said, 'Haven't I met you before?'" It's a simple matter of subtraction. When Roy Moore first took notice of Kayla she would have been as young as 15.

What the hell was Roy Moore doing at dance recitals if teenage girls. This shows a pattern of behaviour, which has been backed up by numerous other sources and people at the time, that Moore did take a creepy interest in teenage girls.

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/articles.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/11/you_dont_have_to_believe_the_w.amp
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #906 on: November 22, 2017, 02:57:23 PM »

Moore's communications director resigns.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/11/22/john-rogers-roy-moore-communications-director-spokesman-resigns/
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #907 on: November 22, 2017, 03:01:39 PM »

Warning...
Warning...
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #908 on: November 22, 2017, 03:02:32 PM »

This certainly seems like a campaign undergoing a free-fall.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #909 on: November 22, 2017, 03:19:56 PM »

Wow, I just watched the video of Trump calling Doug Jones "terrible on crime". That was the first thing that came out of his mouth when describing Jones. The one thing Jones doesn't want you to forget about him is that he prosecuted Klansmen who killed black children in a terrorist attack.

Whether intentional or not, I guarantee you the dogs heard the whistle, and they are very excited.
EnglishPete

« Reply #910 on: November 22, 2017, 03:22:09 PM »

School: "Hello, this is Gadsden High School."

Moore: "Good afternoon, my name is Roy Moore, Assistant District Attorney for Etowah County. I need to speak to a student at your school, her name is Gena Richardson."

School: "Oh yes, Gena... I hope she's not in any trouble?"

Moore: "No ma'am, I just need to speak to her."

School: "Certainly Mr. Moore, I'll call her to the phone right away."
I was at school in the eighties and I never once heard of any pupil making or receiving a call on a school telephone. The phones were there for the school not for the students.

Supposing he had called and persuaded the school that it was an urgent matter that justified disrupting the student's class by taking the student out of class to take the call. Then what? He asks her for a date whilst she's standing there in front of school staff? Even supposing the teacher had a phone in his or her class you've got the same issues. The school just being OK with the class being disrupted by a pupil taking a phone call in the middle of the class and him allegedly asking her out whilst shes standing there in front of the teacher who is waiting for her to finish the call.

(And for all those youngsters reading this that's right. Back in the eighties if you were in school and wanted to have a telephone conversation with someone before the end of the school day well you couldn't. Even in the unlikely event that someone called the school and persuaded them that the matter was urgent enough to drag you out of class to take the call the probability of you then been given privacy to take the call without school staff sitting at the desk where the phone was listening to everything you were saying would have been about zero)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #911 on: November 22, 2017, 03:40:57 PM »

Moore to come?

Wow, I just watched the video of Trump calling Doug Jones "terrible on crime". That was the first thing that came out of his mouth when describing Jones. The one thing Jones doesn't want you to forget about him is that he prosecuted Klansmen who killed black children in a terrorist attack.

Whether intentional or not, I guarantee you the dogs heard the whistle, and they are very excited.

Calling a decorated federal prosecutor “soft on crime” in comparison to a twice-disgraced, disbarred pedophile judge sure is something
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #912 on: November 22, 2017, 03:43:44 PM »

Moore to come?

Calling a decorated federal prosecutor “soft on crime” in comparison to a twice-disgraced, disbarred pedophile judge sure is something

I’m pretty sure at this point Trump has no idea who any of these candidates are and is just repeating generic talking points: “weak on crime”, “pro-choice”, etc. Someone is just telling him to support these people. The Bill Schubert’s endorsement still confuses me (and probably Trump as well)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #913 on: November 22, 2017, 03:44:25 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2017, 03:57:37 PM by Santander »

He called Jones "terrible on crime", not "soft on crime". Considering Jones has spent the campaign trying to define his career by his prosecution of Klansmen, the distinction is rather important.

This is why it's a dog whistle - people like you hear "terrible on crime" and interpret it as "soft on crime", but if your ears are tuned to a certain frequency, you interpret it very differently.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #914 on: November 22, 2017, 03:58:44 PM »

Santander, the real you is showing.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #915 on: November 22, 2017, 03:59:01 PM »

In Trump's world putting in jail fine white people for murdering black people is obviously terrible.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #916 on: November 22, 2017, 03:59:47 PM »

Santander wants the real version of himself to show.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #917 on: November 22, 2017, 05:30:56 PM »

I'm not sure there is a "real" Santander. he deliberately posts contrarian/inane comments just to screw with people.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #918 on: November 22, 2017, 05:34:07 PM »

I'm not sure there is a "real" Santander. he deliberately posts contrarian/inane comments just to screw with people.

Therein showing us the "real" him. It's a paradox.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #919 on: November 22, 2017, 05:39:37 PM »

He's not wrong about the effect though, and it'll be this whistling that throws Jones under in the end.

Remember how many campaign managers Trump went through, while Hillary just had Robby "I somehow got McAuliffe to nearly lose" Mook? Remember who won?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #920 on: November 22, 2017, 06:35:21 PM »

He's not wrong about the effect though, and it'll be this whistling that throws Jones under in the end.

Remember how many campaign managers Trump went through, while Hillary just had Robby "I somehow got McAuliffe to nearly lose" Mook? Remember who won?

So the key to a winning campain is to fire your campaign staff.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #921 on: November 22, 2017, 06:38:33 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2017, 06:51:50 PM by Landslide Lyndon »

I love how Mook suddenly became an incompetent twit.
It wasn't that long ago when everybody congratulated him for taking a surefire loser like McAulliffe and electing him governor, and doing that by running an unabashedly liberal campaign in a purple state.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #922 on: November 22, 2017, 07:18:11 PM »

They've been running that ad for months. It's an old poll.

Just got this sponsored ad on Facebook:

I assume he is talking about the JMC poll from 11/9-11/11.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #923 on: November 22, 2017, 10:48:58 PM »

Roy Moore says he first noticed his wife when she was 15 or 16 years old

Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who has been accused of pursuing romantic relationships with teenagers while in his 30s, said he first noticed his future wife eight years before he formally met her -- when she would have been as young as 15 years old. Moore was 38 when he married Kayla Kisor, who was 24.

"When I was deputy district attorney, many years before we got married, I saw her at a dance recital and I was standing, oh, at the back of the auditorium and I saw her up front," he recalled at the time. "I remember her name, it was Kayla Kisor. KK. But I remember that and I didn't meet her there ... it was, oh gosh, eight years later or something, I met her. And when she told me her name, I remembered."

"I knew Kayla was going to be a special person in my life," Moore wrote about when he first saw her when she was 15 years old. He wrote he began dating her when she was 23, a year before they married, according to the memoir. "Anxious to meet her, I began with the line, 'Haven't we met somewhere before?' 'I don't think so,' she replied," he said, recalling the moment they met at a church Christmas party. But he recalled first seeing her "many years ago" at a dance recital at a nearby college in Alabama. He wrote he never forgot her, even when he saw her again years later.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/21/politics/roy-moore-kayla-kisor-15-years-old/index.html
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #924 on: November 22, 2017, 10:57:21 PM »

Roy Moore says he first noticed his wife when she was 15 or 16 years old

Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who has been accused of pursuing romantic relationships with teenagers while in his 30s, said he first noticed his future wife eight years before he formally met her -- when she would have been as young as 15 years old. Moore was 38 when he married Kayla Kisor, who was 24.

"When I was deputy district attorney, many years before we got married, I saw her at a dance recital and I was standing, oh, at the back of the auditorium and I saw her up front," he recalled at the time. "I remember her name, it was Kayla Kisor. KK. But I remember that and I didn't meet her there ... it was, oh gosh, eight years later or something, I met her. And when she told me her name, I remembered."

"I knew Kayla was going to be a special person in my life," Moore wrote about when he first saw her when she was 15 years old. He wrote he began dating her when she was 23, a year before they married, according to the memoir. "Anxious to meet her, I began with the line, 'Haven't we met somewhere before?' 'I don't think so,' she replied," he said, recalling the moment they met at a church Christmas party. But he recalled first seeing her "many years ago" at a dance recital at a nearby college in Alabama. He wrote he never forgot her, even when he saw her again years later.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/21/politics/roy-moore-kayla-kisor-15-years-old/index.html

Thanks but I already posted this except from al.com.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies