Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:08:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 142103 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: November 22, 2017, 11:24:52 PM »

Survivors who come forward need to be admired and applauded for their courage.

In one phrase - i stand by my opinion. I would admire and applause them if they would immediately (may be - with help of adult friends, relatives or lawers) take ANY action against person who perpetuated this sort of actions, but i can't applaude them for "coming forward" 30+ years later. If you fight - you fight immediately and until you get a victory. If not - .....
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #926 on: November 23, 2017, 01:45:29 AM »
« Edited: November 23, 2017, 02:42:20 AM by Landslide Lyndon »

In one phrase - i stand by my opinion. I would admire and applause them if they would immediately (may be - with help of adult friends, relatives or lawers) take ANY action against person who perpetuated this sort of actions, but i can't applaude them for "coming forward" 30+ years later. If you fight - you fight immediately and until you get a victory. If not - .....

Are you aware we are talking about teenage girls in Alabama during the 70's?
If you have personally experienced sexual molestation, then fine. Otherwise just shut up and listen to them.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #927 on: November 23, 2017, 01:50:19 AM »

Remember: If you were molested as a kid and didn't say something, you're a weak coward
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #928 on: November 23, 2017, 01:59:39 AM »

Remember: If you were molested as a kid and didn't say something, you're a weak coward
swf541

« Reply #929 on: November 23, 2017, 02:11:34 AM »

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #930 on: November 23, 2017, 02:43:50 AM »

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #931 on: November 23, 2017, 03:53:53 AM »

It's kind of amazing when you take a step back and realize what this discussion even is. Serial kid molester, should he step down, is it the kids' fault, can he win? It's pretty f**king bananas we're even asking any of those questions.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #932 on: November 23, 2017, 08:47:16 AM »

Don't worry. Jones will win.

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2017/11/roy-moore-losing/

As time goes on Jones lead will win, as the charger reach the less involved.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #933 on: November 23, 2017, 09:34:01 AM »

If you have personally experienced sexual molestation, then fine. Otherwise just shut up and listen to them.

I experienced such attempt exactly at that age and successfully defended myself. So - please shut up first.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #934 on: November 23, 2017, 09:49:58 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #935 on: November 23, 2017, 09:55:10 AM »

Exactly what relatives of that girl must do almost 40 years ago (to Moore and people like him). Edge of palm to the artery, fist in the temple, knee in the balls - there are many ways. Even teenager can do it. In my case i simply ran away after hitting his hands as strongly as i could. But if that would be not enough - the steps i described above would follow. But they ALL didi nothing until November 2017...
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #936 on: November 23, 2017, 11:02:44 AM »
« Edited: November 23, 2017, 11:07:54 AM by L.D. Smith, Aggie! It's Real Expenses Again »

I love how Mook suddenly became an incompetent twit.
It wasn't that long ago when everybody congratulated him for taking a surefire loser like McAulliffe and electing him governor, and doing that by running an unabashedly liberal campaign in a purple state.

He [T-Mac] was only "surefire" at the time because everyone thought Bill Bolling was gonna be the guy. ANYONE should've been able to destroy Da' C*&ch. And sure enough, he was leading him bigly, pretty much all the way until the last few weeks.

Seems like 'round that time, that's when all the "Ken C*&nelli doesn't support abortion even in cases of rape or incest" starting popping up...and pretty much nothing else. I guess if abortion support is all that makes one "unabashedly liberal", then yes, you might be right.

Besides that and character assassination, there wasn't much else to go with.

Sure enough, the day came, no was excited because of the nature of it all [to date, this election is the only one I've sat out] and T-Mac clearly had it in the bag, so turnout was low, and lots of would-be Democrats went to the Libertarian...he proceeded to only win by 2 points.

YUGE LEAD? DROP DOWN TO ONLY TWO POINTS AGAINST A NUT-JOB? CHARACTER ASSASSINATION TACTICS OVER POLICY? SHOO-IN TO WIN?

Gee, that sounds familiar.  

Santander, the real you is showing.

He's not wrong about the effect though, and it'll be this whistling that throws Jones under in the end.

Remember how many campaign managers Trump went through, while Hillary just had Robby "I somehow got McAuliffe to nearly lose" Mook? Remember who won?

So the key to a winning campain is to fire your campaign staff.

If your old staff couldn't sell you for whatever reason, and the replacements end up being more ruthless and cutthroat...then yeah, it is possible.

Granted, it is improbable that lightning strikes twice and Moore gets a Kellyanne Conway...but it just isn't impossible anymore.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #937 on: November 23, 2017, 11:05:39 AM »

I love how Mook suddenly became an incompetent twit.
It wasn't that long ago when everybody congratulated him for taking a surefire loser like McAulliffe and electing him governor, and doing that by running an unabashedly liberal campaign in a purple state.

He [T-Mac] was only "surefire" at the time because everyone thought Bill Bolling was gonna be the guy. ANYONE should've been able to destroy Da' C*&ch. And sure enough, he was leading him bigly, pretty much all the way until the last few weeks.

Seems like 'round that time, that's when all the "Ken C*&nelli doesn't support abortion even in cases of rape or incest" starting popping up...and pretty much nothing else. I guess if abortion support is all that makes one "unabashedly liberal", then yes, you might be right.

Besides that and character assassination, there wasn't much else to go with.

Sure enough, the day came, no was excited because of the nature of it all [to date, this election is the only one I've sat out] and T-Mac clearly had it in the bag, so turnout was low, and lots of would-be Democrats went to the Libertarian...he proceeded to only win by 2 points.

YUGE LEAD? DROP DOWN TO ONLY TWO POINTS AGAINST A NUT-JOB? CHARACTER ASSASSINATION TACTICS OVER POLICY? SHOO-IN TO WIN?

Gee, that sounds familiar.  

That's what I call a dumpster fire of a post. Have you started drinking this early for Thanksgiving?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #938 on: November 23, 2017, 11:17:33 AM »

I experienced such attempt exactly at that age and successfully defended myself. So - please shut up first.
Oh f**k off
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #939 on: November 23, 2017, 11:24:25 AM »

smoltchanov managed to get banned from Swing State Project, which was a rare occurrence there. Don't argue with him, because it is 100% clear what he is.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #940 on: November 23, 2017, 12:06:40 PM »

Gena Richardson's story made no sense. She says he called her and spoke to her on the phone at school in an era when there were no cell phones.  Is she seriously suggesting that the school office would receive a call from a strange man and the take a child out of class to hand over their phone to her to take the call?

Yes? I mean, I’m not even that old and I know that’s how it worked. The school office probably also know Roy Moore was the assistant DA, so he’s not some random stranger.

Life before cell phones was... very different, to say the least.

Without passing judgment on the validity of the claims, I will say it was not uncommon for teachers to have phones in their classrooms as well. So the office could just connect Moore to the line for the right classroom and the girl could talk to him without even being taken out of class.

I’ll give EnglishPedo the benefit of the doubt and assume it was different in the UK.

Just for the info, I know of no school in the UK which routinely has phones in its classrooms, not even nowadays.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #941 on: November 23, 2017, 01:01:10 PM »

smoltchanov managed to get banned from Swing State Project, which was a rare occurrence there. Don't argue with him, because it is 100% clear what he is.

Or better yet, put him on ignore. 
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #942 on: November 23, 2017, 01:52:08 PM »

Exactly what relatives of that girl must do almost 40 years ago (to Moore and people like him). Edge of palm to the artery, fist in the temple, knee in the balls - there are many ways. Even teenager can do it. In my case i simply ran away after hitting his hands as strongly as i could. But if that would be not enough - the steps i described above would follow. But they ALL didi nothing until November 2017...

Remember boys and girls, publicly accusing a deviant makes you a coward, but vigilante justice is a-ok.

Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #943 on: November 23, 2017, 04:11:47 PM »

At least Taylor has the right idea of what should be done to pedophiles. Shame the same can't be said of the deplorables.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #944 on: November 23, 2017, 09:36:53 PM »

I would expect to see a drop in Gov. Ivey's approval; many suburban/educated Republicans I know wish she would do something to change the election or call for Moore's removal.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #945 on: November 23, 2017, 11:55:46 PM »

I would expect to see a drop in Gov. Ivey's approval; many suburban/educated Republicans I know wish she would do something to change the election or call for Moore's removal.

Getting ahead of ourselves but do you think she wins next year’s primary?
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #946 on: November 24, 2017, 09:22:57 AM »

A new poll has Moore up by 7%

https://altoday.com/archives/19835-exclusive-roy-moore-rebounds-in-polls-as-accusations-are-discredited

To be seen as reliable it needs to be confirmed.

The same article references a statement by a lady, claiming she was a waitress at Old Hickory from 1977-1979, that Moore never came into the restaurant.  Not sure how she knows never.

Just wanted to give y'all a little heartburn.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #947 on: November 24, 2017, 09:47:49 AM »

A new poll has Moore up by 7%

https://altoday.com/archives/19835-exclusive-roy-moore-rebounds-in-polls-as-accusations-are-discredited

To be seen as reliable it needs to be confirmed.

The same article references a statement by a lady, claiming she was a waitress at Old Hickory from 1977-1979, that Moore never came into the restaurant.  Not sure how she knows never.

Just wanted to give y'all a little heartburn.

Do we know anything about this pollster?  They're not listed in 538's ratings.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #948 on: November 24, 2017, 10:32:07 AM »

"As allegations are discredited"

A lot of new "pollsters" are suddenly appearing for the this race that I'm sure we'll never see again. I only care about the ones that have been consistently polling the race - Fox, JMC, Change Research, Emerson.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #949 on: November 24, 2017, 10:50:07 AM »

"As allegations are discredited"

A lot of new "pollsters" are suddenly appearing for the this race that I'm sure we'll never see again. I only care about the ones that have been consistently polling the race - Fox, JMC, Change Research, Emerson.

Reminds me of that time when 3-4 Republican pollsters released in succession polls that showed Gillespie ahead or tied, causing panic to Democrats.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies