Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:54:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 143045 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: November 14, 2017, 01:53:48 AM »

Yeah, I now think this will be a LA-GOV 2015 redux. People (especially Republicans, but some "concerned" Democrats as well) will ignore the polls because "the state is just too red", but in the end the Democrat wins by a surprisingly wide margin. Jones +8-12 would be my guess for now, his support among White women is going to collapse bigly.

Quoting so you can't deny this later
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 02:59:44 AM »

Yeah, I now think this will be a LA-GOV 2015 redux. People (especially Republicans, but some "concerned" Democrats as well) will ignore the polls because "the state is just too red", but in the end the Democrat wins by a surprisingly wide margin. Jones +8-12 would be my guess for now, his support among White women is going to collapse bigly.

Quoting so you can't deny this later

Wulf, I strongly advise against comparing your record of accurate predictions against Treasurer's.

There's no comparison of overall accuracy here. I will note that my record, in terms of final predictions, is actually a lot better than most of Atlas seems to believe, outside of course 2016 President, which basically everyone on Atlas got wrong. My intention is simply to preserve MT's prediction, in the case that he does not amend it by election day, so that he can be acknowledged for the correctness or incorrectness of his prediction.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 10:57:48 AM »

There's no comparison of overall accuracy here. I will note that my record, in terms of final predictions, is actually a lot better than most of Atlas seems to believe, outside of course 2016 President, which basically everyone on Atlas got wrong. My intention is simply to preserve MT's prediction, in the case that he does not amend it by election day, so that he can be acknowledged for the correctness or incorrectness of his prediction.

Okay, Senator Strange. I really don't care if I'm wrong or not, and this isn't even my final prediction, so go ahead and do whatever you want with that comment. I'm not sure if someone who believes Republicans have the same or even a better chance of winning a Senate race in ME, NJ and VA than in MT (even after last week's election results) is really in a good position to ridicule other posters' predictions, but I digress.

Unfortunately the forum predictions don't differentiate between Lean and Likely, but I have NJ, ME, and VA as Likely D and MT as Lean D. Also, I publicly reversed my Strange prediction before the runoff.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 12:11:29 PM »

Sessions refuses to defend Moore:

Sessions on Moore: 'I have no reason to doubt these young women'

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/14/politics/sessions-roy-moore/index.html
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 01:09:45 PM »

So yes all called ed Gillespie and Donald Trump racist for praising confederates how bout this ad.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/11/10/doug_jones_ad_confederate_officer_brave_soldiers_believed_in_their_cause.html

You guys always said every confederate is racist well now that you’re Party is doing thoughts?

Doug Jones is a national treasure who is defending our heritage.
Okay but you guys said it was racist when Gillespie did it but now that it’s a democrat it’s fine?
#Hypocrite

Are you trying to get banned?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 01:37:56 PM »

Depending on what the next couple of polls say, I may move this race all the way from Lean R to Lean D, totally bypassing Toss-Up status. Still Lean R for now though.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 06:36:32 PM »

Based on the internal polling pre-scandal, rating change is in order, again:

AL SEN: LEAN R --> TOSS-UP

Looking forward to an exciting month as this race concludes.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 07:16:28 PM »

Icespear is annoying but if Moore still wins after all of this then is he really wrong?

Whether Moore wins or loses, IceSpear is always going to be an obnoxious twat. Put money on it.

Please stop making the topic your obsession with me. Are you trying to maintain your Alabama megathread post ratio of being 90% about me and 10% about the race itself? lol

Anyway, I can already see December 12th now...

"Wow, Alabama is a disgusting, depraved, morally bankrupt, pedophile supporting den of white trash hicks! IceSpear? Who's that?"

If Jones wins, will you quit your racist Hicks acting?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 11:37:55 PM »

I bet the Democrats regret not going with a candidate who was pro-life.  I bet there are enough voters like me in Alabama who are deeply disturbed by Moore's actions but would never vote for (what we view as) a baby killer.  If the Democrat were pro-life, I would have this at Likely D right now, but this seems to be a tossup.

That's what bothers me about "pro-lifers".  People are upset about "baby killers" but don't have a problem when the babies become teenagers and get molested??!!

We do have a problem with it, but murder is obviously a worse crime than any sexual crime could ever be.

What does the term zygote mean to you?

One has little doubt you would have opposed reinstating the adoption cost tax credit because it was going to be paid for by raising the corporate income tax level from 20% to 20.04%

Pro-life my ass

Actually, I strongly supported reinstating the adoption tax credit.

Bravo. I retract my criticism.

Still, could you address the issue of equating termination of pregnancy of a zygote, a clump of undistinguished cells smaller than a pinky fingernail, constitutes murder? Do you really have no distinction between a fertilized egg two hours after contraception versus a viable pregnancy two hours before birth?

Uh...
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 02:25:43 PM »

Is it confirmed that we're actually getting an exit poll?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 04:16:43 PM »

Moore has removed all endorsements from his website - including those he hasn't lost yet: https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/roy_moore_removes_all_endorsem.amp#ampshare=http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/roy_moore_removes_all_endorsem.html

Possible indication he's dropping out?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 12:41:09 AM »

Okay I’m totally serious MOORE needs to drop out!
I don’t want to lose a safe senate seat!
So I am getting it that if Moore was still well ahead in the polls despite the scandal you would still support him and want him to stay in?
Well I still do support Moore although he needs to drop out.

The big thing I don’t understand is.....

So the new woman claims that he grabbed her butt in his office in 1991,wouldn’t there have been video cameras in his office in the courthouse?

Video cameras in his office? - maybe, maybe not. He might have known how to turn them off anyways. Plus, the footage from CCTV is often wiped periodically if there are no timely inquiries as to what was recorded.

By still saying you will vote for Moore if he stays in the race, you are supporting Pedophilia and saying it is a moral thing. Control of the Senate is not at stake on Dec. 12 so you can't point to Schumer. Jones has no comparable scandal. Until and unless you endorse Mr. Jones or a third party candidate, you are a supporter of pedophilia. I suggest you change your endorsement immediately to remove any chance that you are banned from Atlas over this incident.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 12:59:16 AM »

Okay I’m totally serious MOORE needs to drop out!
I don’t want to lose a safe senate seat!
So I am getting it that if Moore was still well ahead in the polls despite the scandal you would still support him and want him to stay in?
Well I still do support Moore although he needs to drop out.

The big thing I don’t understand is.....

So the new woman claims that he grabbed her butt in his office in 1991,wouldn’t there have been video cameras in his office in the courthouse?

Video cameras in his office? - maybe, maybe not. He might have known how to turn them off anyways. Plus, the footage from CCTV is often wiped periodically if there are no timely inquiries as to what was recorded.

By still saying you will vote for Moore if he stays in the race, you are supporting Pedophilia and saying it is a moral thing. Control of the Senate is not at stake on Dec. 12 so you can't point to Schumer. Jones has no comparable scandal. Until and unless you endorse Mr. Jones or a third party candidate, you are a supporter of pedophilia. I suggest you change your endorsement immediately to remove any chance that you are banned from Atlas over this incident.
Again I don’t support pedophillia if more proof comes out that’s it true again emails,texts,pictures,videos The I will 100% unendorse Moore.
All I know is either Moore is lying or the women are lying all I know is that people in 2016 also said that trump reached up there dresses and that seems to have been BS so why should I believe these women?

You want a text? That yearbook signature should do nicely for you. Honestly you're just moving the goalposts and until and unless you repent and endorse Jones or a third party candidate it must be assumed that you support Moore's actions. It doesn't matter if you want him to drop out - the fact that you would still proudly check his name on a ballot is evidence enough you support his actions.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 11:27:11 AM »

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 02:48:50 AM »

Greedo, go to spelling class instead of posting here. Enough said.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 04:04:25 PM »

^ Yeah. I've been thinking about something Kander said near the beginning of the year, something along the lines of "I continually found that voters were willing to overlook a disagreement on one issue if they felt I was fighting for what I really believed in.".  Remember, the guy outran Hillary by 16 points, he knows what he's talking about. As much as I hate Trump, I have to acknowledge that one thing he did right in the campaign was standing by his "gaffes" rather than awkwardly backtracking. Voters like consistency, not whataboutery, and while Jones shouldn't have said what he said in that MSNBC interview, he should stick by it now that he's said it.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 05:37:26 PM »

I don't know if this story is 100% accurate but: https://www.google.com/amp/www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/20/doug-jones-second-amendment-limitations/amp/#ampshare=http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/20/doug-jones-second-amendment-limitations/
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2017, 07:13:05 PM »

Why is Moore leading in Predicitt again?

Because apparently a Senate seat is more important to Republican voters than a candidate being literally Satan. Just like IceSpear and I said a while back.

Either that or Republican voters in Alabama have come to the conclusion that this whole "Roy Moore is a Pedo" claim is simply a media hatchet job based on lies.

Only 4 people in this world seriously believe the Moore Denial: You, Hannity, Greedo, and Moore himself. Everyone else is just supporting Moore because they're brainless brats who vote republican in a very robotic manner.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2017, 11:55:52 PM »

Maybe I'm different from most Alabama voters but that ad doesn't seem too great to me. Everyone already knows about Moore's scandal, and I wouldn't think undecided / unsure voters particularly care about what the Washington establishment has to say about Moore. I feel as if Jones needs to sell himself to these voters.

"Permission ads" can be powerful. Remember that this ad, and others like it, did wonders for Hogan:
https://youtu.be/0m-X72-bZhc
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 11:56:10 AM »

Pro-Jones Opinion Article on Fox (!): https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/11/21/gregg-jarrett-roy-moore-is-not-fit-to-serve-in-us-senate-and-voters-should-reject-him.amp.html#ampshare=http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/11/21/gregg-jarrett-roy-moore-is-not-fit-to-serve-in-us-senate-and-voters-should-reject-him.html
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 01:33:27 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenager

Now, aren't you supposed to be in class? It's 10:30 PT on a Tuesday and you're a high schooler. Stop posting here and start listening to your instructor.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 03:43:58 PM »

Trump breaks his silence: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-roy-moore_us_5a148af4e4b03dec8248bf02
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 04:10:34 PM »

Maybe now it is fair to say the GOP for all intents and purposes is fine with pedophilia

I think this was proved last year, when Michigan voted Trump despite Access Hollywood.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2017, 03:00:49 AM »

I can't believe I'm saying this, but EnglishPete is actually making a decent argument here. Doesn't really matter though since I consider the 14 year old to be a smoking gun and also think Moore's past removals from office disqualify him.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2017, 01:33:05 PM »

Gena Richardson's story made no sense. She says he called her and spoke to her on the phone at school in an era when there were no cell phones.  Is she seriously suggesting that the school office would receive a call from a strange man and the take a child out of class to hand over their phone to her to take the call?

Yes? I mean, I’m not even that old and I know that’s how it worked. The school office probably also know Roy Moore was the assistant DA, so he’s not some random stranger.

Life before cell phones was... very different, to say the least.

Without passing judgment on the validity of the claims, I will say it was not uncommon for teachers to have phones in their classrooms as well. So the office could just connect Moore to the line for the right classroom and the girl could talk to him without even being taken out of class.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies