Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:52:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 143080 times)
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« on: November 14, 2017, 12:15:29 AM »

I can't believe an Alabama Senate race has gotten two threads.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 06:03:29 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

lmao
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 06:13:00 PM »

I think IceSpear wants Moore to win for whatever bizarre reason.
I wanted Hillary to win Texas, but I knew she wouldn't.
Do I really need to tell you why these situations aren't analogous

You're right. Hillary probably had a better chance at winning Texas than Jones does of beating Moore.

And I don't know if you're implying that was a fringe thought or not, but Hillary winning Texas was a constant circlejerk here in 2016, particularly during her polling bounces. I was arguing against it all the time and was called a "concern troll" for it. Sound familiar? In fact, I was probably arguing about it with some of the same people that are now arguing Jones is going to win...also, did Atlas not overwhelmingly think Ossoff and Quist were going to win too?

I dunno, dude, there's nothing wrong with being excited about Dems having a shot at a senatorial seat from Alabama for the first time in over twenty years. Moore is still probably the favorite at this point, but who cares? Do you go to football games where your team is the underdog and mope for the entire game about how pointless it is?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 06:28:55 PM »

You're right. Hillary probably had a better chance at winning Texas than Jones does of beating Moore.

And I don't know if you're implying that was a fringe thought or not, but Hillary winning Texas was a constant circlejerk here in 2016, particularly during her polling bounces. I was arguing against it all the time and was called a "concern troll" for it. Sound familiar? In fact, I was probably arguing about it with some of the same people that are now arguing Jones is going to win...also, did Atlas not overwhelmingly think Ossoff and Quist were going to win too?

I dunno, dude, there's nothing wrong with being excited about Dems having a shot at a senatorial seat from Alabama for the first time in over twenty years. Moore is still probably the favorite at this point, but who cares? Do you go to football games where your team is the underdog and mope for the entire game about how pointless it is?

Getting excited for a win when you're probably going to lose (or in this case, almost certainly going to lose) leads to Ossoff level meltdowns. I didn't really pay too much attention to that race, but figured Handel would win by a few points. It's a lot easier to view things from a clear and unbiased perspective when you're not emotionally invested.

I don't know what you mean by "who cares"? This entire forum is built upon election data and predictions. Obviously to some extent we all care. And you just said people were "excited" by the false hope of a Jones victory.

A better analogy would be telling my friend to stop wasting his money playing the lottery every day, rather than filling him with false hope and BS optimism about how "if you just keep trying, I'm sure you'll be rich someday! : o)"

That's a horrible analogy, unless you're actually putting money on this race. Does it cost anything to support Jones and hope he wins?

And it's not a binary option between resigning yourself to defeat and melting down if your side doesn't win - it's totally fine and normal to get swept up in the excitement while being able to accept a loss if it happens.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 06:51:06 PM »

Getting excited for a win when you're probably going to lose (or in this case, almost certainly going to lose) leads to Ossoff level meltdowns. I didn't really pay too much attention to that race, but figured Handel would win by a few points. It's a lot easier to view things from a clear and unbiased perspective when you're not emotionally invested.

I don't know what you mean by "who cares"? This entire forum is built upon election data and predictions. Obviously to some extent we all care. And you just said people were "excited" by the false hope of a Jones victory.

A better analogy would be telling my friend to stop wasting his money playing the lottery every day, rather than filling him with false hope and BS optimism about how "if you just keep trying, I'm sure you'll be rich someday! : o)"

That's a horrible analogy, unless you're actually putting money on this race. Does it cost anything to support Jones and hope he wins?

And it's not a binary option between resigning yourself to defeat and melting down if your side doesn't win - it's totally fine and normal to get swept up in the excitement while being able to accept a loss if it happens.
We should try to stay somewhat within the confines of reality considering this is a website based on data.

I guess that's where we differ - since Jones is the beneficiary of a perfect political hurricane, I think him winning is perfectly within the confines of reality, even if he's not favored. And a Democrat having a shot at winning a statewide race in Alabama is something to get excited about. Guess we'll find out in a month, huh?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 07:03:34 PM »

Actually, let's be honest: the forum would be better off if IceSpear just left. Has he contributed anything meaningful at all in the last month? Anything at all, beyond incessant bitching about West Virginia and Alabama?

He's a good poster when he's not trolling the sh-t out of everyone, but it's kind of annoying to see him constantly doing the same thing he used to lambast Tender Branson for doing in 2016.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 08:13:01 PM »

lmao
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 09:31:01 PM »

I bet the Democrats regret not going with a candidate who was pro-life.  I bet there are enough voters like me in Alabama who are deeply disturbed by Moore's actions but would never vote for (what we view as) a baby killer.  If the Democrat were pro-life, I would have this at Likely D right now, but this seems to be a tossup.

That's what bothers me about "pro-lifers".  People are upset about "baby killers" but don't have a problem when the babies become teenagers and get molested??!!

We do have a problem with it, but murder is obviously a worse crime than any sexual crime could ever be.

If there's a silver lining to Trump's presidency, it's that he's mobilizing a new generation of pro-choicers.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 09:35:32 PM »

Moore has finally come up with something reasonable to say:

Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 02:04:34 AM »

It's really odd that you keep bringing up Ted Kennedy when most of the people on this site aren't old enough to have voted for him.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 11:58:20 PM »

Is this a joke?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 01:59:39 AM »

Remember: If you were molested as a kid and didn't say something, you're a weak coward
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 11:23:18 AM »

"As allegations are discredited"

A lot of new "pollsters" are suddenly appearing for the this race that I'm sure we'll never see again. I only care about the ones that have been consistently polling the race - Fox, JMC, Change Research, Emerson.

Well I am glad someone here recognizes Fox polls are not bogus.

Please note I said this new poll had to be confirmed.

I think most of the experienced people here recognize that Fox polling is quite good.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen anyone here rip on a Fox poll?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2017, 05:04:26 PM »

Jones would have a chance, were it not for IceSpear single-handedly destroying the Alabama Democratic Party
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 01:28:38 PM »

Anyone else watch the Jones speech on CNN? Really good stuff; I hadn't heard him speak at length before and he hit all the right buttons. Also made sure to mention that he was "a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment".
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 11:39:49 PM »

LimoLiberal might be thč worst Chicken Little on this forum, which is no small accomplishment
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 05:50:50 PM »

If she lied about this, who is to say she didn't make up the whole thing.  This always kind of felt like a Democratic hit piece, but, due to the severity of the allegations, I remained on the fence about whether it was true or not.  Now, I'm very confident that Moore is innocent.

Be careful.  You have probably relegated yourself to Hell.

Before I join you I would like some more evidence on the notation and signature.

Why the hell would someone fake a yearbook and yet not only put an address and phone number in different handwriting, but admit that she wrote it herself. Not to mention the how many other victims and him being enough of a prowling monster to get banned from a mall for it. Your defenses of this are sickening.

Aw, shucks, can't you see that he's just a good God-fearing American that voted for a man who admitted to leering at naked fifteen year-olds? The real problem in America today is forum posters who are mean to Trump voters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies