Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:18:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 142945 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: November 15, 2017, 05:58:25 PM »

At least this time he harassed an adult woman, so I guess that's progress.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 04:01:52 PM »

Maybe she feels that way because modern liberalism has become so terrifying: open borders, 7 year olds deciding they are transgender, leftist limits on free speech, violent Antia, violent resistance, violent black lives matters, Soros, etc.  Could go on and on.

Pretty telling that you're afraid of "violent" Antifa and BLMers but don't have a word to say for neo-Nazis and Klansmen, who actually murdered someone only a few months ago.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 01:57:09 AM »

A rumored rapist which I still don’t buy because that year book looks super fake.

The guy was banned from the mall, FFS.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 02:44:16 AM »

A rumored rapist which I still don’t buy because that year book looks super fake.

The guy was banned from the mall, FFS.
A manger at that time said he was not banned.

A manger, like the one you and the other sheep live.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 02:01:05 PM »

FTR, the feeling two weeks ago was that Gillespie was closing the gap and Northam was "blowing it".
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 03:52:39 PM »

If Jones is pro-choice then I don't see why saying so is a mistake. People always understand a phony (look at Mitt Romney) and changing his position would open him to charges of being an opportunist by both sides.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 02:08:43 AM »

Kinda reminds me of the "Prostitutes for Patriots" ad.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 06:48:19 AM »

Weigel's tweet mentions that he saw the Jones ad on TV.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 02:10:00 PM »

People, please use the ignore button liberally. I don't really like seeing Greedo show up on my feed because you guys keep arguing with him and quoting him.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 05:40:35 PM »

Why is Moore so obsessed with Nelson? It's as if the other victims don't exist for him and his goons.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 07:16:47 PM »

Why is Moore so obsessed with Nelson? It's as if the other victims don't exist for him and his goons.

Because Gloria is so hated by so many folks like me.  He can use the failure to allow the verification of the yearbook as a battering ram.

As I have said I think 1/2 the entry is legitimate and 1/2 forged.  It hurts both of them in my opinion.  But them.

If he wants to examine the yearbook why doesn't he sue for defamation?
Until he does that he has no right to bitch and whine.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 01:13:09 PM »

Doug Jones' ads certainly pull no punches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkOBm2V4nE
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 03:59:01 PM »

In Trump's world putting in jail fine white people for murdering black people is obviously terrible.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 06:38:33 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2017, 06:51:50 PM by Landslide Lyndon »

I love how Mook suddenly became an incompetent twit.
It wasn't that long ago when everybody congratulated him for taking a surefire loser like McAulliffe and electing him governor, and doing that by running an unabashedly liberal campaign in a purple state.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 01:45:29 AM »
« Edited: November 23, 2017, 02:42:20 AM by Landslide Lyndon »

Survivors who come forward need to be admired and applauded for their courage.

In one phrase - i stand by my opinion. I would admire and applause them if they would immediately (may be - with help of adult friends, relatives or lawers) take ANY action against person who perpetuated this sort of actions, but i can't applaude them for "coming forward" 30+ years later. If you fight - you fight immediately and until you get a victory. If not - .....

Are you aware we are talking about teenage girls in Alabama during the 70's?
If you have personally experienced sexual molestation, then fine. Otherwise just shut up and listen to them.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 11:05:39 AM »

I love how Mook suddenly became an incompetent twit.
It wasn't that long ago when everybody congratulated him for taking a surefire loser like McAulliffe and electing him governor, and doing that by running an unabashedly liberal campaign in a purple state.

He [T-Mac] was only "surefire" at the time because everyone thought Bill Bolling was gonna be the guy. ANYONE should've been able to destroy Da' C*&ch. And sure enough, he was leading him bigly, pretty much all the way until the last few weeks.

Seems like 'round that time, that's when all the "Ken C*&nelli doesn't support abortion even in cases of rape or incest" starting popping up...and pretty much nothing else. I guess if abortion support is all that makes one "unabashedly liberal", then yes, you might be right.

Besides that and character assassination, there wasn't much else to go with.

Sure enough, the day came, no was excited because of the nature of it all [to date, this election is the only one I've sat out] and T-Mac clearly had it in the bag, so turnout was low, and lots of would-be Democrats went to the Libertarian...he proceeded to only win by 2 points.

YUGE LEAD? DROP DOWN TO ONLY TWO POINTS AGAINST A NUT-JOB? CHARACTER ASSASSINATION TACTICS OVER POLICY? SHOO-IN TO WIN?

Gee, that sounds familiar.  

That's what I call a dumpster fire of a post. Have you started drinking this early for Thanksgiving?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 10:50:07 AM »

"As allegations are discredited"

A lot of new "pollsters" are suddenly appearing for the this race that I'm sure we'll never see again. I only care about the ones that have been consistently polling the race - Fox, JMC, Change Research, Emerson.

Reminds me of that time when 3-4 Republican pollsters released in succession polls that showed Gillespie ahead or tied, causing panic to Democrats.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 10:41:14 AM »

If the Democrats had nominated a ProLife Democrat, this race would not be close.

I respectfully disagree. There is such a huge aversion to voting democrat in Alabama, I dont think it mattered what Jones positions were.

That. If the Democrat was pro-life then Moore and the rest of the Republicans would accuse him of being pro-gay, pro-amnesty, a tax-raiser, etc., etc.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 12:48:50 PM »

That. If the Democrat was pro-life then Moore and the rest of the Republicans would accuse him of being pro-gay, pro-amnesty, a tax-raiser, etc., etc.

It did help John Bel Edwards, though. But maybe it won't hurt him a lot if voters perceive him as being honest about his political positions.

Anyway, when Moore was asked why he refuses to debate Jones he didn't said because his opponent is pro-choice, he said it's because Jones is pro-transgender.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 02:00:30 PM »

It did help John Bel Edwards, though. But maybe it won't hurt him a lot if voters perceive him as being honest about his political positions.

Anyway, when Moore was asked why he refuses to debate Jones he didn't said because his opponent is pro-choice, he said it's because Jones is pro-transgender.

And.....You take him at his word? It's not that Moore might just be to cowardly to debate that's just the excuse?

Of course, I just wanted to show that even if Jones was pro-life, Moore and the Republicans would find another way to demonize him.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 06:35:30 AM »

This is the only race to watch at the moment, yet there has been no decent polling for over a week...why?

Thanksgiving.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 05:31:12 PM »

I wonder what o Keefe will say now, assuming he responds to this at all.

He already says that he has "explosive" videos and that the WP piece is a hit job ordered by Bezos.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 06:37:19 PM »

Richard Shelby just said to reporters that he voted and wrote-in a "respected Republican".
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 02:26:50 AM »

From the JMC pollster:

John Couvillon‏ @WinWithJMC
ALABAMA SENATE POLL: 7AM (tomorrow) Central release time. #ALSEN

This time, even one hint would give away the entire poll Smiley

Numbers unchanged on the question about alleged sexual misconduct - I recycled many of the questions that were on my last poll.

650 sample, field dates yesterday and today. 75-23% racial demographics.

I'll say there was "movement"

https://twitter.com/WinWithJMC/status/935686232566267904

You don't need to be a clairvoyant to understand that if the electorate is only 23% black then Jones has no chance in hell.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 01:09:05 PM »

The new conventional wisdom that Moore recovered because Democrats didn't push Al Franken out of senate (propagated even by ostensibly serious people like Matt Yglesias) is the stupidest thing I heard last month.
It reminds me of the Morning Joe panel being certain that Northam would lose because Donna Brazile's book would depress Democratic turnout.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies