Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:14:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 143020 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: November 14, 2017, 02:27:36 PM »

Moore is done for and I don't think "It's Alabama" is enough to save him at this point. His 2012 Supreme Court margin was the weakest statewide margin of any Republican in quite awhile, which means there were quite a few Republican voters that did not like him before the allegations. It's a lot easier now for many voters to abandon him.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 04:58:58 PM »

And obviously he switched parties to one that he is more comfortable in.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 05:53:42 PM »

Moore is back ahead on PredictIt. He's going to win.

Your name might be IceSpear, but your takes are scalding hot.

I think IceSpear wants Moore to win for whatever bizarre reason.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 09:13:35 PM »

That robocall seems a lot like dog whistle.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 09:33:36 PM »

I bet the Democrats regret not going with a candidate who was pro-life.  I bet there are enough voters like me in Alabama who are deeply disturbed by Moore's actions but would never vote for (what we view as) a baby killer.  If the Democrat were pro-life, I would have this at Likely D right now, but this seems to be a tossup.

That's what bothers me about "pro-lifers".  People are upset about "baby killers" but don't have a problem when the babies become teenagers and get molested??!!

We do have a problem with it, but murder is obviously a worse crime than any sexual crime could ever be.

When it comes to electing someone, neither crime is acceptable to ignore.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 09:45:04 PM »

I'm not IceSpear's biggest defender here, but he's largely right. Moore's probably going to win, and murder or any of the seven deadly sins would only help him.

He's entitled to an opinion, but his constant repetition of it is bordering on spamming and trolling.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 10:36:54 PM »

I'm not IceSpear's biggest defender here, but he's largely right. Moore's probably going to win, and murder or any of the seven deadly sins would only help him.

He's entitled to an opinion, but his constant repetition of it is bordering on spamming and trolling.

If pointing out reality is trolling, then so be it.

Also, others have constantly repeated that they think Jones will win. So this "argument" meant to stifle dissent doesn't hold water. You guys should be mad at Alabama voters, not me.

Girl, bye.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 04:18:51 PM »

The attorney that represented him for the Ten Commandments case and who chaired one of his campaigns for Supreme Court will be appearing with him at the press conference.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 04:27:17 PM »

The attorney that represented him for the Ten Commandments case and who chaired one of his campaigns for Supreme Court will be appearing with him at the press conference.
Is he going to sue the accusers?!
Wouldn't be surprising if he did that.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 04:53:08 PM »

Stay moral, Alabama Republican Party.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 06:14:43 PM »

The school yearbook better be turned over for independent handwriting analysis.  Everyone is entitled to due process, even Roy Moore.

There is no legal action being taken here, so "due process" doesn't apply.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 07:15:39 PM »

Kayla Moore is 14 years younger than Moore and would have been in high school around the timeline of some of the revelations.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 07:45:59 PM »

Moore married his wife when she was 24, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he didn't have contact with her well before that. With that said, even if he didn't meet her until after she was of age, it doesn't change the fact that he abused other girls.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 07:51:22 PM »

He simply dropped the A off of ADA which was his actual position.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 08:07:21 PM »

Did you guys not read it?
He said that it said D.A when he was not a DA.
I do believe it’s BS That yearbook is probably a fake,

With all that being said while I want/support Moore he should drop out I don’t want to lose a safe senate seat!
Maybe.

Maybe he was lying to impress those girls so that he could impress them.

Absolutely. Lying using two different pens and a bogus looking signiture

Signature, not signiture. If you are going to peddle trash, at least learn how to spell.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 08:56:53 PM »

The steering committee meeting of the Alabama GOP is over and apparently the members avoided the media by sneaking out through a hidden door.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 12:17:37 AM »

After what happened with Gillespie, Greedo is desperate for a win.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 12:28:21 AM »

After what happened with Gillespie, Greedo is desperate for a win.

They've won enough for the next 3 years, at least.
That is true.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 04:32:18 PM »

There was no reason for Ivey to play along with a scheme that was bound to fail. Legally, Strange doesn't have an individual term that is different than the one that he was appointed to and therefore him resigning wouldn't reset the clock.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 04:10:17 PM »

Alabama Gov: Roy Moore May Be a Child Molester, But At Least He’s Not a Democrat

Alabama Governor Kay Ivey accidentally gave away the Religious Right’s secret yesterday when she was answering questions about fellow Republican Roy Moore. She said of his accusers, “I certainly have no reason to disbelieve any of them.” She added: “There’s never an excuse for or rationale for sexual misconduct or sexual abuse.”

“I’m going to cast my ballot on December the 12th, and I do believe the nominee of the party is the one I’ll vote for,” Ivey said. “I believe in the Republican Party, what we stand for, and most important, we need to have a Republican in the United States Senate to vote on things like the Supreme Court justices, other appointments the Senate has to confirm and make major decisions. So that’s what I plan to do, vote for Republican nominee Roy Moore.”

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/11/18/alabama-gov-roy-moore-may-be-a-child-molester-but-at-least-hes-not-a-democrat/
This comment from her perfectly describes modern conservatism.

Maybe she feels that way because modern liberalism has become so terrifying: open borders, 7 year olds deciding they are transgender, leftist limits on free speech, violent Antia, violent resistance, violent black lives matters, Soros, etc.  Could go on and on.

Or maybe she's just an immoral political ladder climber trying to save her chances at having one last hurrah in her waning political career.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 05:13:49 PM »

Some more ?s about the yearbook

Why the mention of the restaurant.  Most yearbook entries do not set out the place.

Most yearbook entries I have ever seen are not dated.   Why would a 30 year old guy note the date.

Since she claims to have been a waitress, why would he not have noted waitress rather than girl.

I have no reason to doubt the claims of the other women.

But I think there is a fair chance Gloria might well have decided to horn into all the publicity.

By not turning over the yearbook, Gloria may be giving Moore some extra wind:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/17/exclusive-roy-moore-gloria-allreds-refusal-to-release-yearbook-proves-allegations-are-completely-untrue/

Why turn over the yearbook? So it can be "accidentally" destroyed? Asking for the evidence to be turned over to the accused is ridiculous.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 05:47:54 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2017, 06:13:22 PM by Invisible Obama »

Roy Moore is finished and his fans know it, so all this "hand over the yearbook" cheap is pointless. Even if he does win, he could get expelled, so it's a zero win game.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2017, 10:13:18 PM »

Madison County and Mobile County are the ones to really watch.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2017, 12:42:45 AM »

Being a child molester is enough to keep enough Republican on the sidelines for Moore to lose, as well as generate crossover vote to Jones in the suburbs that already hated Moore before he was revealed to be a rapist.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2017, 02:11:53 AM »

No private citizen is going to waste time forging a signature, which is an action that could get them threats and hate mail.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies