Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:37:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 143071 times)
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« on: November 15, 2017, 03:59:07 PM »

This is why you run someone everywhere. You may not win them all but you never know what will happen and you can’t win if you don’t try.
Exactly. This is precisely the attitude I've always advocated here in Texas.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 06:37:24 PM »

The school yearbook better be turned over for independent handwriting analysis.  Everyone is entitled to due process, even Roy Moore.

If Moore wants access to that yearbook so badly, all he needs to do is follow through on his threat to file a lawsuit against his accusers. Double dare him to.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 02:46:10 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2017, 02:56:42 PM by Virginia »

Breitbart has a story that Nance's stepson says she is a liar.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/16/exclusive-stepson-of-roy-moore-accuser-accusations-one-hundred-percent-a-lie/

I know it is Breitbart.  But it is one more reason that the yearbook needs to be analyzed.

It seems the "different" ink color was only an optical illusion.
Picture from the conservative Washington Examiner. Same ink color.

[img snip]

Right. So you think that the one showing the inks to be different is the one that's an optical illusion? Try reading this thread and do try using your brain.

https://twitter.com/ThomasWictor/status/930879809919467520
Lol, if it was a forgery why on Earth would the forger use two different inks.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 06:51:16 PM »

That was painful to read.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 01:43:49 PM »

Win or lose, Moore will still burn in hell for what he is done. And I sincerely hope that he does when it's time for judgment day. AN ELECTION AIN'T TICKET OUT OF HELL, LOL!
Again we don’t even know if what the women claimed is true.
That's what's so incredible. 95% of people on this site treat him as guilty until proven innocent (and I'm not sure they'd even accept it if he was proven innocent). I think he did date girls aged 16-18 with whom he did not have sex (according to all of those stories he was quite respectful and never went beyond kissing). Those stories all fit together soundly, however the allegation that he raped a 14 year old has him displaying an entirely different behavior towards her than is seen in any of the other cases. It also has no evidence for it besides a yearbook that the accuser's lawyer won't allow a neutral party to check for authenticity.

Moore is leading in the RCP average again. It seems most Alabama voters aren't convinced. I think he will win narrowly. After that, the Senate should demand the yearbook and check its veracity. If Moore is guilty, I hope there's enough proof to give him prison time. If he's innocent, I hope people here will stop saying "Republicans elected a pedophile."

Moore's behavior post revelations does not imply innocence. He stayed off the campaign trail for 8 days, which is incredibly suspicious behavior for an innocent man. None of the accusers gain anything by lying, other than finally gaining the chance to be heard.

It's incredibly suspicious that the accuser's lawyer won't allow the yearbook to be verified by a neutral third party. The notion that an accuser must automatically be believed because "she has no reason to lie" ought to have been done away with after the media ruined the lives of several innocent young men in the famous Duke Lacrosse trial with that exact attitude. I never even liked Roy Moore, but it's innocent until proven guilty, and there is no proof as of right now.
What do you mean by a “neutral third party?”
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 03:16:23 PM »

It's incredibly suspicious that the accuser's lawyer won't allow the yearbook to be verified by a neutral third party.

I disagree, based on what I've learned about expert witnesses from friends in law enforcement. I doubt there is an objective way to validate conclusively the yearbook inscription; it ain't the Shroud of Turn where you can carbon-date the cotton, nor is it DNA. Surely the yearbook is actually from the 1970s. There are probably a million ways to spread doubt and uncertainty and make it a "both sides disagree" thing. Moore's campaign will certainly find experts to say it has to be false.

TV has given people false expectations that there are scientific tests of evidence that can apply everywhere. As far as this yearbook, I don't think there's much more we can do than assess with our own eyes, with circumstantial evidence, and with context.
Actually you maybe able to do DNA on the year book because if they can verify that Moore actually touched it then that’s a game changer.
Ugh. This is why I have to explain to jurors in every single trial that CSI is not a documentary.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 03:28:23 PM »

Why would she add the date (and, even more importantly, the address) at the end unless she wanted to make it look worse or something?

Why would she admit to adding the date and address if she faked the whole note?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies