Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:32:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 142989 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: November 16, 2017, 05:07:32 AM »

I love and I mean LOVE when a cracked out crazy insane ridiculous extremist candidate on either side of the aisle goes down to defeat. But I don’t think I’d relish a defeat more than I would this one. If the world (or should I say, if Alabama) is a decent place this guy will go down in flames

+100. Moore was disgusting to me from the very beginning i heard about him (15-20 years ago), even more - now.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 07:01:08 AM »
« Edited: November 16, 2017, 07:05:24 AM by smoltchanov »

Even the vast right wing conspiracy in the 1990s never went that far

These were "blessed" 1990s.  Now much more absurd statement are in vogue...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 01:57:57 AM »

Some observations from a Russian person, who spent part of his life in US.....

1. I hate Roy Moore. And even not because of the last scandal (which, of course, must be carefully investigated, and, if supported by FACTS (not words) - all neccessary measures against him must be taken, American law contains all, what's needed, for that), but more so because of his generally ultraextreme positions on a lot of issues (i generally hate all extremists, be them "right" or "left"). But i still think he will be elected, albeit narrowly. The accusations came too early, they will not fade completely, but they will subside enough to give him win in really conservative Albama. As i also said - too many Alabama's Republicans and Indies will be brought back by 100% pro-choice position of Jones. In the end it will outweigh...

2. While i hate Roy Moore - i have no respect for his women accusers, who charge him with anything (from inapproprieties to crimes) NOW, 20-30 years after everything happened. I would respect them a lot if they would do that immediately after what happened, or, at least, soon enough after that, but 20-30 years later? One can't NOT to think that it was simply an appropriate moment to get a revenge (and, may be, considerable material compensation) - and nothing more. There is a very old and admittedly - very sexist - Russian anecdote about 80-years old woman crying "rape" on city street.. I will not quote it here, but most of you will wasily guess an idea.

3. While i (and almost all people in Russia) fully support a principle of political and economical equality between genders , most people here (including vast majority of women) have no other word then "crazies" about US feminist movement, which, seemingly, more conserned about why "professor" is a "masculine"  word, and how to call woman professor "genderly correct", then about these above mentioned  problems of political and economic equality. And, yes, vast majority of Russian woman (there are some ultrafeminists too, but - not many) want men's attention (i would even say - frequently crave for that). And yes - they want to get married, say "thank you!" when man gives them way in transport, or when he pays for BOTH in restaurants.  And i agree with them - there is nothing humiliating in that. Woman in Russia can (legitimately) call man "a fool" if he tries to slap her ass, or even - slap him in the face, but i  don't think about anything else possible, and, surely, it wouldn't be a first page news in Russian press for weeks. For good or for bad - feel the difference. But i never saw so frightened (or even "terrorized") by feminist movement men in Russia as i saw in the West.....
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 04:17:04 AM »

Maybe it's the language barrier, but half of your posts seems rather deranged and off-base

I don't care about how they seems to other. I wanted to say something, and i did that. BTW, my English was always considered to be good. So, it's not (most likely) a language barrier, it's a different mentality...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 04:18:04 AM »

Thank You! It's a compliment from such a person.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 04:19:27 AM »

If you’re terrorized by feminism, it means it’s working.

In US - may be. In Russia - Thanks God - no. I have a number of women here in my Moscow office, and ALL of them share my position))))
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 04:59:23 AM »

Thank You! It's a compliment from such a person.

Smoltchanov, do you understand why a fourteen-year old sexual assault victim (in Alabama, nonetheless) might not go through with making a public accusation against an assistant district attorney? Do you have any empathy for the experiences of other human beings, particularly traumatized minors who were molested by a person in a position of power?

I already said that if she would inform an adult about assault immediately, who would help her to hire a lawyer, who would initiate a court proceedings against assisatant district attorney (he is not a God after all), and so on - i would feel a great sympathy and be fully on her side. But - not 32 years later, when "suitable moment" arose. And if such "persons in a position of power"  (as that assistant District attorney) are such "untouchables" in US - then how can you pretend to be "the leaders of democratic world"? How better are you (and your leaders) then our Russian leaders? Or - leaders of China. Or - even Zimbabve??? Who gave you rights to "teach other the lessons"? And so on..

And about "my English". I scored 94 in master level test in English school - not so bad. I wish you would speak Russian as good))))
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 05:54:06 AM »

Maybe it's the language barrier, but half of your posts seems rather deranged and off-base

I don't care about how they seems to other. I wanted to say something, and i did that. BTW, my English was always considered to be good. So, it's not (most likely) a language barrier, it's a different mentality...

Uh, no? Your English is embarrassingly bad, even if one is generous enough to take into account the fact that your native tongue uses a completely different script.

Seriously, what does "I don't care about how they seems to other" even mean? Are you saying that you don't care whether or not other people can comprehend what you say? If so, then isn't the whole point of this whole, you know, language thing rendered pretty much obsolete?

Don't pretend that you didn't understood what i wrote. I wrote that don't care about how other people "feel" about my posts. And you understood that perfectly....
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 11:24:52 PM »

Survivors who come forward need to be admired and applauded for their courage.

In one phrase - i stand by my opinion. I would admire and applause them if they would immediately (may be - with help of adult friends, relatives or lawers) take ANY action against person who perpetuated this sort of actions, but i can't applaude them for "coming forward" 30+ years later. If you fight - you fight immediately and until you get a victory. If not - .....
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 09:34:01 AM »

Survivors who come forward need to be admired and applauded for their courage.

In one phrase - i stand by my opinion. I would admire and applause them if they would immediately (may be - with help of adult friends, relatives or lawers) take ANY action against person who perpetuated this sort of actions, but i can't applaude them for "coming forward" 30+ years later. If you fight - you fight immediately and until you get a victory. If not - .....

Are you aware we are talking about teenage girls in Alabama during the 70's?
If you have personally experienced sexual molestation, then fine. Otherwise just shut up and listen to them.

I experienced such attempt exactly at that age and successfully defended myself. So - please shut up first.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 09:55:10 AM »

Exactly what relatives of that girl must do almost 40 years ago (to Moore and people like him). Edge of palm to the artery, fist in the temple, knee in the balls - there are many ways. Even teenager can do it. In my case i simply ran away after hitting his hands as strongly as i could. But if that would be not enough - the steps i described above would follow. But they ALL didi nothing until November 2017...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2017, 05:50:27 AM »

Well, disgusting family, of course. Nevertheless - 99% sure that Moore will win....
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 01:46:55 AM »

UGHHHHH, I just want this overworked horse$h!+ to be over... just a few more days...

+100. Second idiocy in one year (1st was Ossoff-Handel) is way too much...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies