Jesus = good. Yahweh/Allah = evil. Trinity = evil?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:02:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Jesus = good. Yahweh/Allah = evil. Trinity = evil?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jesus = good. Yahweh/Allah = evil. Trinity = evil?  (Read 1553 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 12:18:42 PM »

Christianity created and adopted the Trinity concept many years after Jesus died. Christianity kowtowed to Constantine and tied a reasonably good Jesus to a demonstrably evil Yahweh/Allah.

This is incorrect.  The New Testament upholds the Trinity doctrine and denounces Gnosticism roundly.  It clearly says that the Father, Jesus, and the Spirit are all God, but there is only one God.  As for Gnosticism, 1 John 4:2 and 2 John 7 both condemn it, as well as possibly Christ himself when He denounces the Nicolaitans in Revelation 2:6 and 2:14-15.

It was Augustine, not Constantine, who reintroduced Gnosticism into the church but managed to get it accepted as Scriptural doctrine in the form of Original Sin.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2017, 03:21:05 PM »

It may the official doctrine of most Christians, but how many of the members actually still believe in the Trinity? I never did, nor will I ever. God in three persons is not consistent with the idea of One God (in which I don't believe, by the way), IMO. I am also not aware that it can be found in the Hebrew (aka Old) Testament, which it would be if it were a basic truth.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2017, 01:18:43 AM »

It may the official doctrine of most Christians, but how many of the members actually still believe in the Trinity? I never did, nor will I ever. God in three persons is not consistent with the idea of One God (in which I don't believe, by the way), IMO. I am also not aware that it can be found in the Hebrew (aka Old) Testament, which it would be if it were a basic truth.

In my opinion, the strongest case for the Trinity being present in the OT has to be in Genesis 18 when God visits Abraham near Marne shortly before destroying Sodom and Gomorrah. Personally, I think the three visitors are a remnant of the polytheistic past that managed to not get totally expunged when the monotheistic editors of the Pentateuch were writing down the Hebrew mythos for their use, but I can see it being a case for the Trinity.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2018, 02:04:33 PM »

Christianity created and adopted the Trinity concept many years after Jesus died. Christianity kowtowed to Constantine and tied a reasonably good Jesus to a demonstrably evil Yahweh/Allah.

This is incorrect.  The New Testament upholds the Trinity doctrine and denounces Gnosticism roundly.  It clearly says that the Father, Jesus, and the Spirit are all God, but there is only one God.  As for Gnosticism, 1 John 4:2 and 2 John 7 both condemn it, as well as possibly Christ himself when He denounces the Nicolaitans in Revelation 2:6 and 2:14-15.

It was Augustine, not Constantine, who reintroduced Gnosticism into the church but managed to get it accepted as Scriptural doctrine in the form of Original Sin.

Sure the winners of the God wars will say they were correct in using their Inquisition against a peaceful people.

You seem to think that murder is more moral than sound moral arguments.

You are true to your foul religion of war. No wonder you promote a genocidal son murdering God.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2018, 02:07:31 PM »

In my opinion, the strongest case for the Trinity being present in the OT has to be in Genesis 18 when God visits Abraham near Marne shortly before destroying Sodom and Gomorrah. Personally, I think the three visitors are a remnant of the polytheistic past that managed to not get totally expunged when the monotheistic editors of the Pentateuch were writing down the Hebrew mythos for their use, but I can see it being a case for the Trinity.

Good Lord.

Have you not read the ancients at all?

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

How do you tell a literalist fool that he should not read a myth literally?

Regards
DL

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies