Jesus = good. Yahweh/Allah = evil. Trinity = evil? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:27:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Jesus = good. Yahweh/Allah = evil. Trinity = evil? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jesus = good. Yahweh/Allah = evil. Trinity = evil?  (Read 1577 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 13, 2017, 11:24:06 AM »

You need to have a mind to delete an account and I think he deleted that first.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 01:18:43 AM »

It may the official doctrine of most Christians, but how many of the members actually still believe in the Trinity? I never did, nor will I ever. God in three persons is not consistent with the idea of One God (in which I don't believe, by the way), IMO. I am also not aware that it can be found in the Hebrew (aka Old) Testament, which it would be if it were a basic truth.

In my opinion, the strongest case for the Trinity being present in the OT has to be in Genesis 18 when God visits Abraham near Marne shortly before destroying Sodom and Gomorrah. Personally, I think the three visitors are a remnant of the polytheistic past that managed to not get totally expunged when the monotheistic editors of the Pentateuch were writing down the Hebrew mythos for their use, but I can see it being a case for the Trinity.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies