RI-Gov: Fung (R) Leads Raimondo (D) in Rematch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:57:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  RI-Gov: Fung (R) Leads Raimondo (D) in Rematch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: RI-Gov: Fung (R) Leads Raimondo (D) in Rematch  (Read 3336 times)
cvparty
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2017, 06:37:32 PM »

I know it's an internal, but Trump at 37-51 in RI is shocking, would expect to see him in the high 20s there.

Race is still Likely D, as internals are unreliable.
this is late but it says 37% approve to 51% strongly disapprove, so I'd guess total disapprove is close to 60%
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2017, 06:47:56 PM »

Can somebody tell me why Raimondo is unpopular in RI? I never hear about her.

Rhode Island is increasingly becoming the armpit of New England along with Connecticut. Bad economy and the rest of the state is angry about being dominated by the sprawling ghetto of Providence-Pawtucket-Central Falls-East Cranston.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2017, 03:35:00 PM »

It'd be pretty funny if the Republicans won every single gubernatorial race in New England. Especially if it happened at the same time as a Democratic wave.

That will never happen because NH and CT will vote for whoever has a (D) next to their name. Tongue

Curious why two totally different states like that would be grouped together in your never-vote-Republican category for New England?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2017, 03:58:52 PM »

Curious why two totally different states like that would be grouped together in your never-vote-Republican category for New England?

Too many wealthy and educated suburbanites in those states. Wink

J/k, though that is part of the reason why both states are trending Democratic. Dems have a very high floor in NH and CT, and I don't see the GOP winning there in what is likely to be a Democratic wave year (in those two states, at least). Malloy was terribly unpopular and still won in a GOP year, but he won't the ballot in 2018 anyway. Sununu's election was a fluke, he's way to the right of his state and I expect the Democrats to actually nominate a competent candidate next time. I doubt NH voters will be as kind to Sununu (and other Republicans) in 2018 as they were in 2016.

By competent, you mean a woman right?

Actually, I just thought of a great idea. Raimondo should retire, then pull a Scott Brown by moving to NH and running for governor there instead. Thoughts?
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 03:15:06 PM »

It'd be pretty funny if the Republicans won every single gubernatorial race in New England. Especially if it happened at the same time as a Democratic wave.

ME-Gov 2018 is already lost for Republicans so your hypothetical has no chance of happening.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 03:32:30 PM »

ME-Gov 2018 is already lost for Republicans so your hypothetical has no chance of happening.

How so?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2017, 10:44:37 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2017, 10:47:54 PM by Chris Murphy 2020 »

I assure you it most certainly is not. If the Democrats nominate someone weak and Hayes catches fire, but not enough to swing over tribal Democratic voters, a Republican could win with like 37% of the vote. It’s what happened in 2010.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies