Does the Republican Party have a problem with paedophelia?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:37:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Does the Republican Party have a problem with paedophelia?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Does the Republican Party have a problem with paedophelia?  (Read 1503 times)
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2017, 07:35:41 PM »

Sure looks like it atm
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 07:37:09 PM »

Alabama Republicans don't seem to view it as a problem.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 10:00:53 PM »

Does the Democratic Party have a problem with sanctimonious hypocrisy, given that they gladly elected a man who actually killed a woman 7 times after the fact?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 10:02:53 PM »

Does the Democratic Party have a problem with sanctimonious hypocrisy, given that they gladly elected a man who actually killed a woman 7 times after the fact?
BUT... BUT... WHAT ABOUT....
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 10:04:12 PM »

Don't you want to be better than that?  They were sh**tty for supporting Ted Kennedy, let's not repeat their mistake for the sake of, "Well, you did it, too!"
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 10:16:06 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-as-the-russia-investigation-continues-1500423243-htmlstory.html
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 10:27:18 PM »

An accident is a lot different than intentional abuse.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 10:37:28 PM »

It's not the GOP per se. It's whole the American right, from so-called moderates who have problems understanding that post-pubescent teenagers who are not legally adults cannot meaningfully consent, to (more numerous than anyone wants to admit) segments of the religious right who actively encourage pedophilia and rape. The problem is with a huge swathe of our society. The GOP just represents it.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 11:36:53 PM »

I'm sure there are Dem pols who are pedophiles, but at the moment the GOP base has a problem with defending it if someone on their side does it.

An accident is a lot different than intentional abuse.

Ted deserved to be charged for manslaughter and I wouldn't have ever voted for him, but yeah, that's a totally different thing than this since that isn't deliberate, it was carelessness and then not taking responsibility after the fact. I wouldn't say he "killed" someone since that makes it sound like he willfully committed murder.

But really, this is just evidence that there's no logical way to defend Moore since the only thing they can do is try and change the subject to a guy who's been dead for close to a decade rather than actually address his issues.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 01:17:49 AM »

Not to mention Gerry Studds, who had sex with a 17 year old male CONGRESSIONAL PAGE.  He was not only re-elected, he even regained his Chairmanship.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 06:04:52 AM »

BUT

WHAT IF

BOTH SIDES DO IT
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 10:04:21 AM »

Not to mention Gerry Studds, who had sex with a 17 year old male CONGRESSIONAL PAGE.  He was not only re-elected, he even regained his Chairmanship.

Isn't 16 the age of consent? And the person said it was consensual?
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 10:37:15 AM »

One moral failure doesn't excuse another moral failure.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 10:48:44 AM »

Not a problem with pedophilia, more with hypocrisy. Some - not all - Republicans are trying to excuse something that is not to excuse. It's a double standard (just in comparison of Trump and Obama, I could name dozens of examples for double stardard). Or just imagine the GOP reaction, had Doug Jones been accused of this behavior.

What I believe, that there is a deep seated problem with sexism, and not just the GOP. That goes from left to right, though it may be more widespread within the right of center political spectrum.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 10:49:09 AM »

elcorazon

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 11:11:40 AM »

1. Society has a problem with sexism that crosses party lines.
2. Republicans, in general, fail to address this. They tend to deny that it exists (no one is more discriminated against than white men!)
3. Acting on one's attraction to underage boys or girls is a serious problem, and those who do this should not be excused or treated as some kind of misunderstanding.
4. At some point, people need to disassociate themselves with people who cross certain lines - OJ likely wouldn't get traction in either political party.
5. The Republicans seem to have shown an amazing willingness to allow those who cross these lines to move forward because God forbid a Dem might win (this is why David Duke is tolerated and why Roy Moore is tolerated).
6. Dems are guilty of this too and there is a gray area where I get it... sometimes personal failings are less problematic to a voter than political differences, especially in this environment, but nevertheless, it seems pretty clear Republicans should actually prefer someone in the Senate without the baggage of being unable to keep themselves from molesting young girls.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 12:19:45 PM »

Can we stop calling Roy Moore a pedophile? He never pursued prepubescent children, and in a way calling him a pedophile kind of actually gives him a degree of cover from his behavior, because it is a psychological disorder. Calling him a sexual predator who targeted high school girls does not minimize what he did, and more accurately describes his motives. Roy Moore's poor personal character is to blame. (I acknowledge the possibility of psychological issues contributing to his behavior, but it cannot just be blamed on uncontrollable sexual attraction) He is a sick creep who preyed on high school girls because they were easy to manipulate and intimidate. That fits in very well with other behavior he exhibited in his career.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 12:45:17 PM »

GOP = Grand Old Pedophiles
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 01:37:52 PM »

ANTHONY WEINER CONVICTED PEDOPHILE
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 01:42:22 PM »

And when did Democrats support Anthony Weiner again? Pretty sure his campaign collapsed even before the pedophilia stuff.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 01:53:16 PM »

Weiner didn't clutch his weiner in one hand and the Bible in the other and say he was being persecuted for being a God-fearin Christian. He resigned

^^this. Also, I don't recall Weiner actually acting on his impulses in terms of actual physical sexual contact with a minor, yet he did the right thing and stepped down, whereas this doesn't seem to be the case for Mr. "They're Persecutin' Me Cuz I'm a Chriiiiistian."

I'm sure Moore is/was probably one of those abstinence advocates too who fell off the wagon plenty of times.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 02:21:08 PM »

Weiner didn't clutch his weiner in one hand and the Bible in the other and say he was being persecuted for being a God-fearin Christian. He resigned

^^this. Also, I don't recall Weiner actually acting on his impulses in terms of actual physical sexual contact with a minor, yet he did the right thing and stepped down, whereas this doesn't seem to be the case for Mr. "They're Persecutin' Me Cuz I'm a Chriiiiistian."

I'm sure Moore is/was probably one of those abstinence advocates too who fell off the wagon plenty of times.

Weiner was actually leading or being competitive in the Democratic mayoral primary in June/July/August 2013. Don't act like if it is a Republican thing only. If it was not for Weiner's behaviors, De Blasio would have been an obscure non-entity from the liberal Park Slope.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 02:25:01 PM »

Weiner was actually leading or being competitive in the Democratic mayoral primary in June/July/August 2013. Don't act like if it is a Republican thing only. If it was not for Weiner's behaviors, De Blasio would have been an obscure non-entity from the liberal Park Slope.

Democrats abandoned Weiner after his second sexting scandal. There was no pedophilia or sexual assault involved. Even after Moore's pedophilia and sexual assault, Alabama Republicans are sticking by him. This isn't rocket science.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 02:44:04 PM »

Before, it was seen that liberals liked pedophilia, because of the characters they surrounded themselves with (Polanski, Manson, Weiner, hippies, wacko musician-activist groups etc.)

It goes on both sides but Republicans don't care about Moore's allegations because the future of the country in their eyes are more important than these allegations, it seems.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 03:35:54 PM »

Men who have been trained from childhood that

1. Sex is innately evil
2. Women should submit to male authority
3. Wealth, inherited or self-made, is a sign of God's continuing grace

will find ways to act spectacularly badly with members of the opposite sex.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies