EU creates mega-army (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:53:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  EU creates mega-army (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EU creates mega-army  (Read 2255 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: November 14, 2017, 06:24:11 AM »

Should their first move be an invasion of Russia?

what no

I'd prefer if we didn't have another world war.

Besides, isn't this what NATO is for? Shouldn't the EU be more concerned with economy?

It would be suicide anyway. To make up for their perpetually lackluster military pro-USSR, Russia has made it clear that they will use nuclear weapons if met with overwhelming conventional forces. I would think a large military group blowing past their border would count Tongue

Speaking of Russia's conventional arms, it's really a bizarre topic. On one hand they have a sophisticated military industry, especially for external markets, but at the same time they don't manufacture some essential spare parts needed for maintenance of their own arms. They were operating under "lol, why manufacture if we can just buy it?", and then sanctions came...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 12:01:01 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2017, 12:02:48 PM by Come grasp the mighty avatar of our admin »

Since the whole Crimean business I've grown more supportive towards NATO and don't want this to go. But I've also been long in favor of integrated European military defense. Aside of my European federalist views, the two are not mutually exclusive. To the contrary, such a force would add a solid second pillar to the Atlantic defense.

Also the fact PiS is currently pretty much destroying the Polish military makes me even more in favor of this project.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies