EU creates mega-army (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:07:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  EU creates mega-army (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EU creates mega-army  (Read 2247 times)
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: November 17, 2017, 05:39:03 PM »

Another proof that Brexit is one of the best thing that ever happened to the EU.
We are finally moving forward without the UK blocking any further political integration.

Yup.

Fairly sure this was being reported as in the works before Brexit - I think Leave even made hey with it during the campaign.

You'd also have to assume there were more obstacles than the UK if it's ended up a damp squib, as the link above appears to suggest.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 10:00:15 AM »

Another proof that Brexit is one of the best thing that ever happened to the EU.
We are finally moving forward without the UK blocking any further political integration.

Yup.

Fairly sure this was being reported as in the works before Brexit - I think Leave even made hey with it during the campaign.

You'd also have to assume there were more obstacles than the UK if it's ended up a damp squib, as the link above appears to suggest.

The UK was always a big obstacle.

EDIT : except for a brief period under Blair. Then Iraq happened.

Of course - my point was the article you posted suggests by the nature of its dilution that the UK wasn't the only obstacle and it won't be plain sailing to federalism now we've left.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies