PPP: 15 more polls of competitive House districts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:38:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PPP: 15 more polls of competitive House districts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: PPP: 15 more polls of competitive House districts  (Read 7352 times)
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2017, 04:33:11 AM »

Does anyone think a democrat held seat will flip?

Maybe MN-5. It's an open seat that voted 53-38 for Trump and 50-48 for Obama. I really doubt that any other Democratic-held seats flip, barring scandal or Collin Peterson's retirement.
BL53931
Rookie

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2017, 09:50:53 AM »

I would have liked to see either Pete Festerssen or Heath Mello run.  But, Brad has wide name recognition and even people who didn't vote for him think he did a lot for the district in two years.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2017, 09:54:01 AM »

Does anyone think a democrat held seat will flip?

Maybe MN-5. It's an open seat that voted 53-38 for Trump and 50-48 for Obama. I really doubt that any other Democratic-held seats flip, barring scandal or Collin Peterson's retirement.
That's Ellison's district. Maybe you're thinking of Walz's district (MN-1)?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2017, 11:59:29 AM »

Oh, I seem to have missed this:

WI-01:
Ryan 46%
Bryce 39%
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2017, 12:08:51 PM »

WI-01:
Ryan 46%
Bryce 39%
If the Speaker of the House can't even lead by double-digits in his own district...
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2017, 12:25:03 PM »

WI-01:
Ryan 46%
Bryce 39%
If the Speaker of the House can't even lead by double-digits in his own district...

I know several people who live in that district, and it appears that Ryan is not beloved there.  It's still solidly R territory so he's certainly the favorite, but it's conceivable that he could lose to a good D in a wave.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2017, 12:30:14 PM »

IIRC, Bryce is a deadbeat dad who didn’t pay the child support he owed until he got in the race.  I have a hard time believing such a weak and damaged candidate is going to make this remotely close.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2017, 01:44:25 PM »

IIRC, Bryce is a deadbeat dad who didn’t pay the child support he owed until he got in the race.  I have a hard time believing such a weak and damaged candidate is going to make this remotely close.

How is he damaged? The campaign hasn't even begun yet.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2017, 02:25:02 PM »

This is a bad take. We need more "deadbeats", I'd rather have working-class guys like Bryce struggling to meet ends on my side then yet another "entrepreneur" hack who's gonna promise more "market-based solutions".
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2017, 03:03:45 PM »

This is a bad take. We need more "deadbeats", I'd rather have working-class guys like Bryce struggling to meet ends on my side then yet another "entrepreneur" hack who's gonna promise more "market-based solutions".

I just want to be sure I’m understanding you right, are you actually saying you have no problem voting for some sleazy deadbeat who is so greedy that he won’t even pay the child support he owes (Bryce had no trouble “making ends meet” when he decided he wanted to run for Congress)?  You really think deadbeat dads who don’t even give a sh!t about their own kids are what we need in Congress right now?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2017, 03:36:19 PM »

I just want to be sure I’m understanding you right, are you actually saying you have no problem voting for some sleazy deadbeat who is so greedy that he won’t even pay the child support he owes (Bryce had no trouble “making ends meet” when he decided he wanted to run for Congress)?  You really think deadbeat dads who don’t even give a sh!t about their own kids are what we need in Congress right now?

Better than pedos and Ryan.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2017, 05:42:25 PM »

IIRC, Bryce is a deadbeat dad who didn’t pay the child support he owed until he got in the race.  I have a hard time believing such a weak and damaged candidate is going to make this remotely close.

I'm really hoping you just don't know what the term deadbeat refers to. Otherwise this would be a totally outrageous thing to say.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2017, 06:26:46 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2017, 06:29:08 PM by We Have A Pope »

IIRC, Bryce is a deadbeat dad who didn’t pay the child support he owed until he got in the race.  I have a hard time believing such a weak and damaged candidate is going to make this remotely close.

I just want to be sure I’m understanding you right, are you actually saying you have no problem voting for some sleazy deadbeat who is so greedy that he won’t even pay the child support he owes (Bryce had no trouble “making ends meet” when he decided he wanted to run for Congress)?  You really think deadbeat dads who don’t even give a sh!t about their own kids are what we need in Congress right now?

Better than pedos and Ryan.

This is basically the exact same mentality as the people who think voting for a pedophile is better than voting for a Democrat.  And frankly, I don’t think a deadbeat sleezebag is better than Ryan.  They’re both horrible and if you’re too big a hack to see that then you’re part of what’s wrong with this country.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2017, 09:23:56 PM »

Child support is an extremely messed up system as is.  So many people have been required to pay child support for children they never wanted.  This is a huge problem that needs to be fixed.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2017, 09:44:32 PM »

Cathy Myers for Congress!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2017, 09:48:51 PM »

Child support is an extremely messed up system as is.  So many people have been required to pay child support for children they never wanted.  This is a huge problem that needs to be fixed.

The child support system is messed up in that as it currently works it tends to exacerbate poverty at least as much as it alleviates it, without doing anything to actually encourage parents to stay in their children's lives.  But the basic principle that a parent should support their child is pretty much the foundation of the entire social fabric. Whether they "wanted" the child shouldn't matter.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2017, 10:10:58 PM »

!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2017, 10:34:03 PM »

The suburban curbstomping coming soon.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2017, 08:18:57 AM »

It shouldn't be just about what the payer wanted. I don't care if, say, Mr Smith didn't want that baby, he helped have it, and he doesn't get to ditch the woman he got pregnant.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2017, 09:17:36 AM »

It shouldn't be just about what the payer wanted. I don't care if, say, Mr Smith didn't want that baby, he helped have it, and he doesn't get to ditch the woman he got pregnant.

This.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2017, 09:21:17 AM »

This thread just proves that sometimes, both sides really do do it.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2017, 09:35:44 AM »

:
This thread just proves that sometimes, both sides really do do it.

:

Both sides do it Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2017, 11:47:24 AM »

God willing.  I don't have my hopes up, given 2008, but this is a very different year and there are few suburban districts (especially Midwestern suburban districts) worse suited to Trumpism than MN-03.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies