Assuming Trump is the GOP nominee...will 2nd place in the primaries endorse him? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:28:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Assuming Trump is the GOP nominee...will 2nd place in the primaries endorse him? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Assuming Trump is the 2020 GOP nominee, will whoever ends up in 2nd place in the primaries endorse him in the general election?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Assuming Trump is the GOP nominee...will 2nd place in the primaries endorse him?  (Read 345 times)
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« on: November 15, 2017, 02:19:25 AM »

Did Randall Terry and John Wolfe endorse Obama? I don't think so...
My *guess* is that at least one person will be challenging Trump in the primaries who will have enough of an organization to get ballot access in more than half the states.  I think even a McMullin could pull that off.  That's my guess, but I wouldn't call it a sure thing....

I think there will be several challengers. Kasich, Cruz, Martinez, McMullin and maybe even Romney.

I highly doubt that. The majority of republicans approve of Trump, so he'd have to mess up really badly for anyone important to run against him (as doing so would be political suicide for them otherwise). Even if there was a sizable anti-Trump wing, splitting it up would make the task of ousting an incumbent president in the primaries even more impossible. I could see McMullin running as a protest vote and maybe taking Utah but that's about it as of right now. Perhaps Glenn Beck would try to replicate Cruz's success in Iowa, but he's a nut and most evangelicals support Trump, so he'd only win the hardcore Roy Moore loving types.

Obviously, anyone who would run against Trump would come from the #NeverTrump faction of 2016 and not endorse him in 2020 either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies