MA-WBUR: Baker steamrolling Democratic opponents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:22:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MA-WBUR: Baker steamrolling Democratic opponents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-WBUR: Baker steamrolling Democratic opponents  (Read 2172 times)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« on: November 15, 2017, 10:23:29 PM »

So, I was reluctant to say "Safe R" because this is going to be an anti-GOP election and Massachusetts is already an anti-GOP state, and while there has been a history of GOP governors in Massachusetts, there's never been one elected in a Democratic wave year.

Until 2018. Baker is safe assuming he stays scandal-free. It's a shame, I love Setti Warren. He might benefit from name confusion with Liz.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 11:41:38 PM »

The 2014 Republican wave didn't stop Wolf from beating Corbett (who was an incumbent in an incumbent-friendly state to boot); so I can see Baker holding on, even in the event that a Democratic wave takes place.
A lot of Pennsylvania-specific factors in that race, though.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 08:19:11 PM »

Can these numbers actually be real

I guess it's possible Baker gets a boost in that he looks even better to Democrats in light of here Trump has taken the GOP, but after Virginia I frankly expected blue state voters to throw out Republicans everywhere.

I very highly doubt Baker will win by a ton, much less these historic landslide numbers seen here.

Blue states are likely to toss out abrasive right-wingers. Republicans can win election in such states so long as they are seen as competent administrators who successfully dodge controversy.
While Democratic supermajorities are there to keep them in check.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies