Moulton not keen on olds like Biden running for prez…wants youngs to run instead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:35:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Moulton not keen on olds like Biden running for prez…wants youngs to run instead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Moulton not keen on olds like Biden running for prez…wants youngs to run instead  (Read 431 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 15, 2017, 09:11:59 PM »

Seth Moulton, who has teased a 2020 presidential run of his own with recent non-denials, and has made recent trips to both Iowa and New Hampshire, doesn’t seem that keen on old people like Joe Biden running for president.  Sounds like he’d prefer someone who’s Seth Moulton’s age:

link

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I’m sure this argument will go over great with voters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xySd1_kCT8

Anyway, I’m afraid this is the closest we’re likely to get for a while to sniping among 2020 Dem. candidates.  It’s rather tame compared to the infighting among 2016 GOP candidates back in 2013:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrNesoTG1XE
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 09:16:29 PM »

He's not exactly wrong here.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 11:33:57 PM »

I've never bought the idea that "fresh faces" or younger generation politicians are what's needed to get the base fired up in either party, and I don't think it's really backed up by any recent historical evidence. Think of the candidates in past elections who have most enthused large segments of their respective party's voters - Bernie Sanders, a 76 year old who has been in Washington for decades, Ron Paul, who was in his late 70s during the 2012 campaign, and Donald Trump, a person with nearly universal name recognition and now the oldest president ever. What's actually important is voters feel the candidate truly stands for something, and I think a lot of Democrats feel that way towards Biden.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 11:42:28 PM »

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 04:42:43 AM »

I've never bought the idea that "fresh faces" or younger generation politicians are what's needed to get the base fired up in either party, and I don't think it's really backed up by any recent historical evidence. Think of the candidates in past elections who have most enthused large segments of their respective party's voters - Bernie Sanders, a 76 year old who has been in Washington for decades, Ron Paul, who was in his late 70s during the 2012 campaign, and Donald Trump, a person with nearly universal name recognition and now the oldest president ever. What's actually important is voters feel the candidate truly stands for something, and I think a lot of Democrats feel that way towards Biden.

Ron Paul lost in 2012, Bernie Sanders lost in 2016, Donald Trump wasn't in politics and is, in any case, not someone who helped the Republican party in the long run. Insurgent radicals aren't the only way to energize the base- but a fresh, charismatic face with good ideas like Barack Obama IS the way to energize a party. The Democrats need an Obama, not a Clinton or a Kerry.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 09:56:24 AM »

Agreed. I don’t care that he’s old, Biden is currently my favorite candidate for 2020.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 10:16:34 AM »

Moulton/Gabbard 2020! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length