Al Franken accused of sexual harassment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:23:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Al Franken accused of sexual harassment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Al Franken accused of sexual harassment  (Read 27672 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 17, 2017, 02:16:30 AM »

The reason so many on both sides defend their own guy is that our society is SO sexist that the bad behavior is pervasive and accepted and as a result, it really doesn't rise to the level of behavior like other criminal behavior, or taboos.

Except that not too many people on the left are defending Franken, certainly not anywhere close to the number of people who defend Moore/Trump. So not "both sides".

In fact, this entire experience is an introduction to accountability. One side clearly accepts wrong doing and has shown remorse and a willing to accept punishment.  If this means nothing, then that is why we and the rest of the rest of the world  are on the verge of becoming people like Trump and Putin's property.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 09:32:12 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/al-franken-inappropriate-touch-2010/index.html

Another woman has come out and claimed Franken touched her butt in 2010.

Even if it makes me a hypocrite, Im at the point where I dont think getting your ass grabbed should be a news story. Its gross and deserves a smack on the face, but thats about it.

Reasonable.  What about the Bush 41 grab ass allegations?

I still respect 41.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 09:53:43 AM »

So on the same USO tour where Franken "groped" her, Here she is grabbing the guitar players ass, After he pushed her away.

As a man who's been inappropriately touched by a conventionally attractive woman without my consent, this makes me cringe.
As a man who has been through a few episodes like this, it is actually X's opinion that offends me most.  As if he is some moral authority of anything.

All due respect, but if you were offended by my post then frankly that says a lot more about you than it does about anything else (and none of it good).

I am concerned about taking this into context as not to blame the victim.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 01:51:20 PM »

I'm disgusted at all the people defending Al Franken. There's even photo proof!
He has done some bad things. He also called for an Ethics Committee investigation on himself. He deserves a shot at redemption, period.

At least there is Fraken who takes responsibility and then those who keep digging themselves a deeper hole whether by adding on to the lies and propaganda or by justifying themselves through their entitlement.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies