Al Franken accused of sexual harassment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:58:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Al Franken accused of sexual harassment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Al Franken accused of sexual harassment  (Read 27800 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: November 16, 2017, 11:36:56 AM »

It's a shame, I really wanted him as the running mate on whatever Dem ticket ended up emerging. I'd been a fan of his for literally decades. I even listened to Air America in its early days. I'm very disappointed in him.

We're in a new era now, and things like this are unacceptable. Yes, people did far worse than him in the past and the present, but that's not the bar we should hold people to. Franken should go.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 12:22:59 PM »

I think the only question is if he resigns or just doesn't run again in 2020. (I'd prefer he resigns to let the new Dem appointee get his/her sea legs and run with some incumbency)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 02:19:18 PM »

I seriously think Franken should bail, partially because him staying will lead to an Ethics Committee investigation and Franken probably doesn't want to know what that investigation will turn up. See: the investigation against Bob Packwood back in the 90s that came back with a 10,000 page report about how he had molested dozens of Hill staffers. Packwood would've been much better off quitting before the investigation finished.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 02:40:14 PM »

Surely people here realize that it'd be capital B Bad for Franken to actually have to face an investigation and deal with whatever comes out, right? Franken is far better off just resigning than letting decades of dirty laundry be aired.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies