2016: Clinton/Manchin (D-NY/WV) vs. Trump/Pence (R-NY/IN)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:28:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016: Clinton/Manchin (D-NY/WV) vs. Trump/Pence (R-NY/IN)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016: Clinton/Manchin (D-NY/WV) vs. Trump/Pence (R-NY/IN)  (Read 579 times)
WestVegeta
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 16, 2017, 11:06:18 AM »

I think having the Clinton's longtime friend and centrist Sen. Manchin as her VP could increase WWC appeal to the point where PA and MI go Democrat, and WV comes extremely close to flipping for Hillary (Manchin's WWC appeal is intensified here, and with him as VP she never says "we're going to put a lot of coal miners out of business!") but ultimately doesn't.

Discuss?

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 11:50:22 PM »

Clinton would win Pennsylvania, Trump still would win WI and MI and Manchin would get obliterated in 2018.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:16:04 PM »

Clinton would win Pennsylvania, Trump still would win WI and MI and Manchin would get obliterated in 2018.

I'd flip Michigan and Pennsylvania the other way but about this. Manchin doesn't do much of a effect and i doubt Clinton would be anywhere near close in West Virginia if he was on the ticket. The most obvious effect of this would be the fact that Manchin would lose big time in 2018. He would be seen as a traitor to many of Trump voters in the state who would vote republican to replace him. Also his connection with Clinton on the same ticket with her would tarnish his image.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 09:14:17 PM »

I'd flip Michigan and Pennsylvania the other way but about this. Manchin doesn't do much of a effect and i doubt Clinton would be anywhere near close in West Virginia if he was on the ticket. The most obvious effect of this would be the fact that Manchin would lose big time in 2018. He would be seen as a traitor to many of Trump voters in the state who would vote republican to replace him. Also his connection with Clinton on the same ticket with her would tarnish his image.

And there would definitely be a left wing third party challenge.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies