Obligatory Franken Potential Replacement Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:47:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Obligatory Franken Potential Replacement Poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Poll
Question: Who is Appointed to Replace Franken if he Resigns or is Expelled?
Ellison

Walz

Smith

McCollum

Peterson

Nolan

Swanson

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: Obligatory Franken Potential Replacement Poll  (Read 7558 times)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2017, 12:14:11 PM »

If Frankenstein goes....they should appoint that female Somali Muslim state legislator...just to see GOP heads explode

So someone should be appointed who has not even served a full term in the state legislature, represents 1/134 of the state in a titanium safe seat over candidates with more qualifications and evidence of being able to compete statewide because...?

Oh to "see GOP heads explode". So what's your opinion of "LOLZ Milo is a FF and Trump was SOOO AWESOME to pardon Joe Arpaio because IT SO TRIGGERS THE LIBTARDS LOLZ"

Calm down son....
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2017, 12:17:23 PM »

Ellison has never won statewide why would he get picked over someone who has?

People care too much about "overtures towards the Bernie wing". If Keith Ellison is the senate candidate than their doing to find dirt about him, not even mentioning the statements he already made in the past that will surely made the race pretty close in 2020.

Besides i doubt the Bernie wing is as active as people believe it to be and even care about the Minnesota senate seat in the long one and giving them a Senate seat that would become vulnerable because of Keith Ellison's past statements would be dangerous.

There. Is. No. "Bernie. Wing".

Hillary and Sanders both have >80% favorability ratings amongst Democrats. Their voter bases encompassed very wide ranges of support and demographics. A lot of people who voted for the opposite candidates have more in common with each other than respective voters of their candidate and voted on personal preferences. And of course a significant portion didn't even vote in the primary.

The party isn't composed of two wings that are diametrically opposed and who are directly correlated with 2016 primary support.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2017, 12:17:47 PM »

If Frankenstein goes....they should appoint that female Somali Muslim state legislator...just to see GOP heads explode

So someone should be appointed who has not even served a full term in the state legislature, represents 1/134 of the state in a titanium safe seat over candidates with more qualifications and evidence of being able to compete statewide because...?

Oh to "see GOP heads explode". So what's your opinion of "LOLZ Milo is a FF and Trump was SOOO AWESOME to pardon Joe Arpaio because IT SO TRIGGERS THE LIBTARDS LOLZ"

Calm down son....

Make a stupid post, and I'll call you out.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2017, 12:22:08 PM »

Calm down son....

Make a stupid post, and I'll call you out.

Yawn...look, calm down...your taking yourself too seriously again
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2017, 02:46:51 PM »

A DKE member said a couple of days ago that if Franken resigns then it's almost certain that Dayton will appoint Smith. He didn't clarify if she will be a placeholder or not, but from what I've read she wanted to run for governor, so maybe this is like a consolation prize to reward her loyalty.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2017, 03:50:42 PM »

A DKE member said a couple of days ago that if Franken resigns then it's almost certain that Dayton will appoint Smith. He didn't clarify if she will be a placeholder or not, but from what I've read she wanted to run for governor, so maybe this is like a consolation prize to reward her loyalty.

Smith has never won an election in her own right and has no accomplishments. I feel like Schumer and others would have a lot of input on this and want Swanson appointed.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2017, 03:53:00 PM »

Smith has never won an election in her own right and has no accomplishments. I feel like Schumer and others would have a lot of input on this and want Swanson appointed.

I have no idea if Smith deserves such an appointment, but she wouldn't the first (Bennett).
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2017, 04:00:57 PM »

The problem with Smith is that the Republican Senate President would take over her position as Lt. Governor.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2017, 04:21:57 PM »

The problem with Smith is that the Republican Senate President would take over her position as Lt. Governor.

Well the MN Lt. Gov. does nothing, so as long as Dayton doesn't die or have a scandal in the next year no problem.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2017, 08:27:22 PM »

Well the MN Lt. Gov. does nothing, so as long as Dayton doesn't die or have a scandal in the next year no problem.
The Governor of Minnesota doesn't choose his LG in the event of an LG vacancy?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2017, 11:41:04 PM »

The relevant text of the law:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

But once again, the LG does nothing anyway. But if Smith is appointed, it'll be just as a seatwarmer. Smith is Dayton's former chief of staff who he opted to run with when his old LG stood down in 2014, just a cupcake position as a reward.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2017, 12:10:12 AM »

Franken needs to just resign and allow the Republicans to seat Moore. The Democrats take the moral high ground and the GOP will be the party of embracing pedophiles so they can pass tax cuts.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2017, 09:30:23 AM »

Be courageous and nominate Ellison.  Show diversity.

I do not think Franken is going anywhere, though.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2017, 09:48:59 AM »

Franken needs to just resign and allow the Republicans to seat Moore. The Democrats take the moral high ground and the GOP will be the party of embracing pedophiles so they can pass tax cuts.

Moore will be investigated, if he wins.  He will likely swear under oath the entire yearbook notation is false.  If it is, he survives.  If it is all true, he is dead meat.  If it is partly true, he is probably dead meat.

If he were expelled, it would be for lying under oath.

The question is did Gloria throw Moore a lifeline.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2017, 11:33:33 AM »

Be courageous and nominate Ellison.  Show diversity.

Huh, that's a pleasant surprise.

Still think Dayton should stick Mondale in until a competitive primary can be held in 2018.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2017, 01:18:51 PM »

Be courageous and nominate Ellison.  Show diversity.

Still think Dayton should stick Mondale in until a competitive primary can be held in 2018.

From my posting here you cannot actually believe I support Ellison.

I do believe he definitely represents the current beliefs of the majority of Democrat activists.  I'm not sure to what degree,he represents Democrat voters. I think you should nominate what you believe.  

I believe he would give the GOP the best chance to steal the seat.  I do not think the suburban white voters in Minnesota who are Never Trumpers or want him controlled would be drawn to Ellison. I also think a large number of out state Democrats would bolt.

Why don't you throw down the gauntlet.  Nominate him for President.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2017, 01:23:31 PM »

I do believe he definitely represents the current beliefs of the majority of Democrat activists.  I'm not sure to what degree,he represents Democrat voters. I think you should nominate what you believe.  

I believe he would give the GOP the best chance to steal the seat.  I do not think the suburban white voters in Minnesota who are Never Trumpers or want him controlled would be drawn to Ellison. I also think a large number of out state Democrats would bolt.

Lol, whoops. Sorry for assuming the best of you, dude.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2017, 02:03:35 PM »

Lol, whoops. Sorry for assuming the best of you, dude.

Thank you.  I am sorry I created a false illusion.  I would not want to fool you into thinking I was a nice person.  I actually go underground every hour or so lie in coals to warm myself up.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2017, 02:09:19 PM »

The relevant text of the law:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

But once again, the LG does nothing anyway. But if Smith is appointed, it'll be just as a seatwarmer. Smith is Dayton's former chief of staff who he opted to run with when his old LG stood down in 2014, just a cupcake position as a reward.

Agree that the MN LG's only real statutory role is filling a gubernatorial vacancy but Smith is extremely tight with Dayton and is a major force in his administration.  It is rumored that as Dayton's health has deteriorated she has more or less been running the show.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2017, 02:16:40 PM »

Franken and Conyers will not resign.  Thus two more Democrat lifelines to Moore.  How many more will come before the 12th.

Franken says I will change and commit no more sexual assaults.  Trump can say I have have already changed.  Bill Clinton says "change". Who? Me?

Why does the spell feature change Franken to Frankenstein. Clairvoyance?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2017, 03:54:20 PM »

No love for R.T. Rybak?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2017, 11:04:17 AM »

I don't think he even lives in Minnesota anymore. He has a high up DNC position and a house in Maryland now.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2017, 11:24:09 AM »

Needs to be Lori Swanson or Rebecca Otto IMO, but I think Otto really wants GOV (although I doubt she can get past Walz in that primary).
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2017, 01:32:48 PM »

I don't think he even lives in Minnesota anymore. He has a high up DNC position and a house in Maryland now.

Rybak still lives in Minneapolis and is the  Executive Director of Generation Next, an organization seeking to help close the achievement gap for minority students.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2017, 01:44:00 PM »

I don't know, but I doubt it would be any of the rural Democrat congressmen, whose districts would stand a good chance of flipping without them on the ballot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies