Does Maxine Waters have a chance at winning the 2020 Dem nomination? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:53:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Does Maxine Waters have a chance at winning the 2020 Dem nomination? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Maxine Waters have a chance at winning the 2020 Dem nomination?  (Read 1766 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 21, 2017, 08:34:19 AM »

I consider her one of the most vile Democratic officeholders currently in office.

Her running for office would force other Democrats to go on the record of whether or not they'd support her if she got the nomination, whether or not they thought she's qualified, too extreme, etc.  Their answers will be part of the public record.  Having to answer is a no-win situation.  She's not a black candidate in the tradition of Harris or Booker (or Obama); she's a black candidate in the tradition of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.  (Shirley Chisholm was one of a kind and an FF back in the day.)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 09:15:32 AM »

I consider her one of the most vile Democratic officeholders currently in office.

Her running for office would force other Democrats to go on the record of whether or not they'd support her if she got the nomination, whether or not they thought she's qualified, too extreme, etc.  Their answers will be part of the public record.  Having to answer is a no-win situation.  She's not a black candidate in the tradition of Harris or Booker (or Obama); she's a black candidate in the tradition of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.  (Shirley Chisholm was one of a kind and an FF back in the day.)

No, because she'd be a fringe candidate with no chance. I don't recall any Democrats being pushed on those questions about Dennis Kucinich.

But they WERE asked this about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 07:58:18 PM »

I'd vote for her in the primary, to get Trump reelected.

And then you'd feel how the ironic Trump supporters felt if she actually ended up beating him, lol.

Trump needs to get re-elected on his own merits.

America is potentially stupid enough to elect Maxine Waters if the right set of circumstances occur.  It's not likely, but it's now possible.

As for her legitimate adversarial feelings:  Ms. Waters has contempt for white folks, and does little to hide this.  I consider her someone who would decide all issues between "black" interests and "white" interests (whatever they are) not on the merits, but on her desire to even up history; to do as evil men did to black folks in the Jim Crow South.  If this is how folks want to right past wrongs, then, by all means, let's have at it at the ballot box.  Somehow, I doubt that will provide any healing or promote working understanding between people, but I don't think Maxine Waters cares about that one iota.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 09:39:51 PM »

If she's was much younger Waters would be the perfect candidate to go against Trump. Waters is a fierce leader who would hopefully overcome the barrier of being a WOC against a media that is eager  to take down any powerful women willing to challenge the patriarchy.  I couldn't think many congressional people who could help unite the Democratic base, as just about all self-identified Democrats I know absolutely worship her. The main thing challenging her statue beyond her age and just being a congressional representative is the racism and misogyny that pollute the country, though Trump unpopularity could help secure a victory for Waters.

This guy needs to call Invent Help.  I think he's invented a new style of Political Correctness that may not be patented, lol.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies