Gillibrand: Bill Clinton should have resigned over Lewinsky affair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:21:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Gillibrand: Bill Clinton should have resigned over Lewinsky affair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gillibrand: Bill Clinton should have resigned over Lewinsky affair  (Read 5388 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
« on: November 17, 2017, 06:33:47 AM »

Like her mentor Hillary, Gillibrand changes with the wind

Gillibrand in 2016:

I was truly honored that President Bill Clinton campaigned for me

https://medium.com/@SenGillibrand/why-i-m-supporting-hillary-clinton-for-president-9bff244ca353

Aren’t you just upset that she’s a potential competitor to Harris? Yes, you are. Half the forum is convinced this is RIP for her career so I suppose it’d be one more of the few times a politician has flipped to the suicidal position.
Weird reply. Btw you’re attributing other people’s opinions to me. Please don’t.

Its a shrewd move, no one wants to be associated with the Clintons anymore and she’s probably one of the 2020 contenders who have been most closely associated with them over the years. So I can see why she’s trying to distance herself.

But she also comes across as a massive hypocrite, considering she wasnt bothered by this when she was fundraising and campaigning with Bill for all those years.

Gillibrand considered Hillary her mentor of sorts. So, I don't think HRC would be happy but Hillary has little power or leverage apart from fundraising which is way over-rated & big donor $ can actually have some liabilities in the Dem primary.

Having said that, Gillibrand was more conservative than Hillary when she was the in House. She was a true blue dog & now she wants to be to the left of Sanders, co-sponsoring every obsolete Left Wing policy including on worker related organizations & what not. She is a co-sponsor on every possibel progressive policy - From Lifting the Cap & expanding Social Security, Wall Street Speculation Tax, Free  College, Glass Steagal, Medicare-for-all & so on. You name it & she is there.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 10:22:27 AM »

“Ken Starr spent $70 million on a consensual blowjob. Senate voted to keep POTUS WJC. But not enough for you @SenGillibrand? Over 20 yrs you took the Clintons’ endorsements, money, and seat. Hypocrite,” former Hillary Clinton adviser Philippe Reines tweeted late Thursday, at Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.

Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 02:33:27 PM »

Not everyone is taking as hard a stance as Gillibrand -

Only a few Democrats have stood with Ms. Gillibrand. Even Mr. Sanders, one of the Clintons’ most bitter political rivals in recent years, would not go that far.

“I don’t think at this moment our goal is to look back 20 or 30 years. Our goal is to go forward,” the Vermont independent told CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“And our goal is to understand we have a real crisis in this country today within the political world, within the corporate world, within the media world, where women are being harassed every single day. Our job is to change that culture,” he said.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/19/bernie-sanders-wont-say-whether-bill-clinton-shoul/

Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 08:00:33 PM »

Sanders knows he needs Clinton voters in 2016 to win the nomination in 2020. He doesn't want to step on too many toes, which is why he hasn't talked at all about Brazile's revelations.

It probably wouldn't matter much since everyone Gillibrand to De Blasio is looking to distance themselves from the toxic Clinton brand. Sanders is already more popular with Clinton voters than Clinton herself.

It probably doesn't make much sense to go back to the 90s & debate if Clinton should resign. You can call his actions deplorable, move on & look to the future. That is what all smart leaders should do. It is enough to boldly condemn his actions for what they were. It is not Monica but Paula Jones & others. Why did Bill pay almost 1M $ to Paula for settlement if he wasn't guilty?

When we are blasting Conyers for settling, what about Bill Clinton ?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies