What does the increasingly obedient nature of teenagers mean?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:41:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What does the increasingly obedient nature of teenagers mean?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What does the increasingly obedient nature of teenagers mean?  (Read 2571 times)
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 08:46:06 PM »

Guys, are you just complaining for no reason?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2017, 10:38:05 PM »

So you would rather us be evil and smoke pot?
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2017, 12:10:58 AM »

It sounds like schools have everyone cajoled into obedience. If schools back in my day did the things that schools today do, they'd be sued.
Are you just referring to the article I posted or also to other things that you've heard?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2017, 08:51:36 AM »

It sounds like schools have everyone cajoled into obedience. If schools back in my day did the things that schools today do, they'd be sued.
Are you just referring to the article I posted or also to other things that you've heard?

Mostly other things.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 12:14:58 PM »

Basically this, Have video games for boys then netflix and smartphones for both genders and you get a generation of kids who don't rebel as much as other generations growing up did.
Why would video games and smartphones make them rebel less?

Because teens today spend most of their time holed-up in their rooms on smart phones rather than going out and being with friends "IRL".  Kids spend less time together, kids will get into less trouble.

This is largely a negative development though.  Kids shouldn't be so insulated and overprotected. 
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 12:49:49 PM »

Basically this, Have video games for boys then netflix and smartphones for both genders and you get a generation of kids who don't rebel as much as other generations growing up did.

Because teens today spend most of their time holed-up in their rooms on smart phones rather than going out and being with friends "IRL".  Kids spend less time together, kids will get into less trouble.

This is largely a negative development though.  Kids shouldn't be so insulated and overprotected. 

Wages not keeping up, "experience" being a requirement for the most menial jobs, and prices rising...compared to the completely free wonders of the internet?

Can't say I blame 'em.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2017, 03:39:44 PM »

my drug addict parents were the reason i never talked to anyone as a child, why are you blaming the children for things that are the fault of their parents?

people who can't raise children right shouldn't be having children at all tbh.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 06:58:22 PM »

I can't help but wonder if parents, hearing sensationalized stories about kidnapping, bullying, peer pressure, cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, sex, falling behind on schoolwork, etc., forbid their kids from spending time with friends "IRL", so their kids use their phones to compensate.
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 08:21:22 PM »

They're being raised by Millennials. 
Incorrect, they are being raised by Gen X.

Noodlehead.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2017, 08:56:54 PM »

Mostly other things.
What things do you have in mind?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies