IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:23:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 48
Author Topic: IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!  (Read 80539 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2017, 03:22:52 PM »

Stupendous news!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2017, 03:24:32 PM »

Blech NARAL
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2017, 06:10:36 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2017, 06:14:26 PM by Green Line »

She has no chance, very sad to see many on here denying reality.  Dan Lipinski is a perfect fit for his district.  He is beloved.

Also, IF he were to lose, it wouldn't be to someone running to his left.  The Democratic base in this district is not swinging left.  The 2016 presidential numbers stagnated because Trumpy collapsed in the Republican areas in the western part of the district.  Those same suburbanites who went Romney>Clinton arent likely voting in this primary and if they are, they're not going to be won over by a bold progressive.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2017, 06:23:34 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2017, 06:25:09 PM by Green Line »

FURTHERMORE, the other factor in this district is the rapidly growing muslim and to a lesser extent hispanic population.  If liberals found a candidate to appeal to those voters, not a traditional Lipinski base, they might have more success.  This lady doesn't do that at all, she is not positioned to sweep them up and that would be her best shot.  They have no reason to be displeased with Daniel.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2017, 08:42:45 PM »

The heck is the PCCC?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2017, 09:32:52 PM »

HRC should endorse anyone but Lipinski, as long as the Republican doesn’t support an anti-gay marriage amendment.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.00, S: 6.00

« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2017, 11:39:05 PM »

HRC should endorse anyone but Lipinski, as long as the Republican doesn’t support an anti-gay marriage amendment.
why?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2017, 02:26:28 PM »

Great profile in the Independent
You must be logged in to read this quote.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2017, 03:30:00 PM »

why?

Because Lipinski is opposed to women's rights, for one.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2017, 03:53:11 PM »

why?

Kingpo means the Human Rights Campaign, not Hillary Clinton.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2017, 04:47:08 PM »

why?

Kingpo means the Human Rights Campaign, not Hillary Clinton.

I know. Tongue
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2017, 05:52:59 PM »

why?

Your signature is actually a great argument for opposing Lipinski.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.00, S: 6.00

« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2017, 12:57:25 AM »

why?

Ha Ha. The reason I endorsed him is because I generally think Lipinski is a good guy who is willing to vote against his party occasionally.  I recognize the is the ideological as well as the party outlier in my list, but I like how he is pro life, supports religious freedom, and is more moderate on this fiscal issues.  If D's want to be competitive in places like W. VA or IA again, they will need to run candidates like Lipinski.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2017, 01:03:27 AM »

why?

I like how he is pro life, supports religious freedom, and is more moderate on this fiscal issues.  If D's want to be competitive in places like W. VA or IA again, they will need to run candidates like Lipinski.
You're making our point for us.

If we want to be competitive in Iowa, fine.

CHICAGO IS NOT IOWA.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2017, 12:40:23 PM »

why?

I like how he is pro life, supports religious freedom, and is more moderate on this fiscal issues.  If D's want to be competitive in places like W. VA or IA again, they will need to run candidates like Lipinski.

CHICAGO IS NOT IOWA.

And the 3rd Congressional is not what you think of as Chicago. I mean look at this map. Yes, the furthest NE corner of the map are in Chicago, but the vast majority of the district is in the blue-collar suburbs, with a population largely made up of religious descendents of Irish, Polish, Greek, Italian, Czech and Mexican immigrants. This district has even been called a home to the Reagan Democrats. Whether you like it or not, Lipinksi represents the values of his constituents. Outside forces trying to shoehorn in someone who doesn't represent her constituents but will toe the national party line is narrow-minded, and really appalling.

Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2017, 01:14:55 PM »

why?

CHICAGO IS NOT IOWA.

And the 3rd Congressional is not what you think of as Chicago. I mean look at this map. Yes, the furthest NE corner of the map are in Chicago, but the vast majority of the district is in the blue-collar suburbs, with a population largely made up of religious descendents of Irish, Polish, Greek, Italian, Czech and Mexican immigrants. This district has even been called a home to the Reagan Democrats. Whether you like it or not, Lipinksi represents the values of his constituents. Outside forces trying to shoehorn in someone who doesn't represent her constituents but will toe the national party line is narrow-minded, and really appalling.

Preach.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2017, 01:37:59 PM »

yeah dude, the southwest suburbs are well-known for their hatred of affordable healthcare and opposition to a higher minimum wage. there's a tendency in this thread to view Lipinski as some sort of champion of the working class, from the mythical "communitarian" chunk of the political compass. in truth, he's just a fossilized conservadem increasingly out of step with his district — not just on issues like abortion and LGBT rights, but on a whole host of economic issues.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2017, 01:50:53 PM »

why?

CHICAGO IS NOT IOWA.

Meh. While that's true of the geography and some of the constituents, these areas have changed a lot over the past 20 years. A liberal Democrat would easily win a general, and I'm not sure the types of people you're describing generally vote in Democratic primaries as much as they did back in the day.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2017, 06:36:59 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2017, 06:46:24 PM by IceSpear »

why?

Ha Ha. The reason I endorsed him is because I generally think Lipinski is a good guy who is willing to vote against his party occasionally.  I recognize the is the ideological as well as the party outlier in my list, but I like how he is pro life, supports religious freedom, and is more moderate on this fiscal issues.  If D's want to be competitive in places like W. VA or IA again, they will need to run candidates like Lipinski.

1) Dems will never be competitive in West Virginia for the forseeable future no matter what they do.
2) This is Chicago, not West Virginia.
3) Why should Dems try tailor their message to declining small states?
4) Pretty sure Obama won Iowa twice, and he's nothing like Lipinski.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2017, 02:56:33 PM »

It voted for Bernie in the primary and it trended AWAY from the GOP. So it didn't go the way of PA-17 or WI-3 or MI. So it's obviously FINE with socially liberal candidates.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2017, 03:05:50 PM »

It voted for Bernie in the primary and it trended AWAY from the GOP. So it didn't go the way of PA-17 or WI-3 or MI. So it's obviously FINE with socially liberal candidates.
I know, people think this district is stuck in the 70s with the worst stereotypes of Polish trade unionists.

It's a liberal district and deserves a liberal representative.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2017, 03:13:07 PM »

Hopefully we can finally get rid of Lipinski this cycle!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2017, 03:54:41 PM »

I know, people think this district is stuck in the 70s with the worst stereotypes of Polish trade unionists.

It's a liberal district and deserves a liberal representative.

Atlas is stuck in the past about A LOT of things...
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2017, 04:53:48 PM »

Why do you want to get rid of one of the last Blue Dogs?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2017, 05:05:07 PM »

Why do you want to get rid of one of the last Blue Dogs?

Why wouldn't you want to get rid of a blue dog in Chicago? It's not like this is a Republican area. In fact, Lipinski is to the right of Alabama's Senator-elect, LOL.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies