IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:20:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48]
Author Topic: IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!  (Read 80562 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: March 23, 2018, 05:49:27 PM »

The part that I might well be missing here is where is Lipinski's record or history as a Neo-Nazi or European style Fascist?Huh

I don't take this lightly, considering that my Sister is Jewish and in my younger years a few decades back participated in various "Antifa" style demonstrations against the Nazi scum trying to take over our neighborhoods in the Pacific Northwest as well as the Industrial States of the Midwest, and a few years after getting out of College in the Midwest came back to my small Oregon Town and within a year a Native American Homeless man was murdered by two White Supremacists barely a year out of the State Pen....

Hey---- I would rather the Progressive Dem have won this race, but anyone accusing a Polish-American of being a Nazi sounds a bit off in my book...

I could be wrong but from what I gather, a literal holocaust denier won as the sole candidate in the GOP primary in the same district, and I assume that's who the Nazi references are to.

yeah and then a couple posters engaging in some absurd hyperbole claiming that a Nazi is somehow equivalent or preferable to a conservative Democrat

btw NOVA he was endorsed by IL AFL-CIO most of the blue collar unions, so you can like that about him.  My impression is he benefits in 2020 from higher primary turnout, unless there's a challenger that can break through and appeal to the urban hispanic/black/'ethnic' vote.

I never claimed it was equivalent. I said Dems should cast blank ballots for House to make the vote closer than expected in order to remind Lipinski that he needs their support too.

I mean I would cast a blank vote if it were between Newman and the Nazi guy so I can't really complain about doing that, though I'm not sure about your rationale here making much sense.  Seems like some others were saying something more extreme though.

A Nazi vs. someone who doesn't hate gay people. Hmmm, tough decision, I think I'd cast a blank vote too.

She hates babies who will never have the chance to be gay.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1176 on: March 23, 2018, 08:02:38 PM »

I guess ol' Bernie's endorsement was once more as useful as a fart in a space suit.

Considering Sanders win nearly every precincts, its not a good analysis. I mean...:

The only serious way to look at this would be to see a correlation coefficient between Sanders margin and Newman margin. My guess is it's probably negative but pretty close to zero and not really meaningful.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.00, S: 6.00

« Reply #1177 on: May 01, 2018, 03:26:26 AM »

So glad that people like Lipinski are mostly dying off every single year.

Bigoted Dan lives to fight another day.
not really dying off.  on the poll Lipinski led with 18-45 yo.  One possibility is that the millennials have more minorities which on the poll leaned Lipinski.  I wonder why Newman did so well with whites but not minorities?
https://patch.com/illinois/oaklawn/lipinski-newman-statistical-dead-heat-democratic-primary
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1178 on: May 01, 2018, 03:29:42 AM »

not really dying off.  on the poll Lipinski led with 18-45 yo.  One possibility is that the millennials have more minorities which on the poll leaned Lipinski.  I wonder why Newman did so well with whites but not minorities?
https://patch.com/illinois/oaklawn/lipinski-newman-statistical-dead-heat-democratic-primary

Or maybe the poll is not gospel given it was a district poll.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1179 on: May 01, 2018, 06:26:14 PM »

Or maybe the poll is not gospel given it was a district poll.
the poll is probably pretty accurate, since it was just 1 point off from the actual results.  The results by race don't really surprise me.  Lipinski's base is probably P.O.C. as well as Polish and Irish people in SW Cook county while Newman's base is white liberals in the suburbs.  It appears that only boomers supported Newman. 
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1180 on: May 01, 2018, 07:03:08 PM »

White liberals are far more socially liberal, especially in this district.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1181 on: May 01, 2018, 07:10:40 PM »

yeah.  my guess in this district there is a divide between white liberals in the suburbs and working class (black, latino, polish, irish) in the city.  While I am actually a white suburbanite, I would have voted for Lipinski in the primary.  I have very little in common with white liberals.  They are just obsessed with abortion, passing more gun control, and forcing bakers to bake gay cakes. 
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1182 on: May 01, 2018, 07:13:38 PM »

IL-03 is a culturally conservative seat and their congressman is a reflection of that.
The registered Democrats in the seat have a different view of what makes someone a Democrat than, say, rich white liberals on the North Shore.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #1183 on: May 01, 2018, 07:17:24 PM »

IL-03 is a culturally conservative seat and their congressman is a reflection of that.
The registered Democrats in the seat have a different view of what makes someone a Democrat than, say, rich white liberals on the North Shore.

Any reason why IL-03 swung to Clinton then when every other culturally conservative area swung to Trump?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1184 on: May 01, 2018, 07:20:10 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2018, 07:31:35 PM by Punxsutawney Phil »

Any reason why IL-03 swung to Clinton then when every other culturally conservative area swung to Trump?
The fact it's mostly made up of suburbs?
EDIT: This is something of a lazy answer, so I'll elaborate.

The swing is likely due to Orland Township, and the Will County portions.
Idaho Conservative
BWP Conservative
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1185 on: May 01, 2018, 07:26:46 PM »

The fact it's mostly made up of suburbs?
but trump did better the suburbs.  My guess is that while the suburbs are overall more conservative, democrats in the suburbs are probably to the left (at least socially) to those in the city.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies