IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:36:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 48
Author Topic: IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!  (Read 80635 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2018, 07:13:15 PM »

Stupendous news! Clearly DINO Dan isn't the unbeatable titan that perfectly represents his constituents that many people here think if his own homestate colleagues are comfortable coming out against him. Smiley
The people of IL-03 say, 'Who cares!'

Something tells me that if Lipinski was 100% secure, Democrats wouldn't want to risk coming out against him for no reason or benefit.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2018, 07:19:59 PM »

Stupendous news! Clearly DINO Dan isn't the unbeatable titan that perfectly represents his constituents that many people here think if his own homestate colleagues are comfortable coming out against him. Smiley
The people of IL-03 say, 'Who cares!'

Something tells me that if Lipinski was 100% secure, Democrats wouldn't want to risk coming out against him for no reason or benefit.
King Dan is a better and more effective representative for IL-03 than Newman can ever hope to be. VPH can attest to his hard work on behalf of his district.
But you guys don't get it. You don't understand Dan Lipinski. VPH does. I would back King Dan any day.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2018, 07:31:11 PM »

As somebody who interned in Lipinksi's office this summer, I can tell you firsthand, Lipinski's Congressional District has many socially conservative Polish, Irish, and Greek voters.

Lipinski is an effective Congressman both in constituent services and getting things done on the hill. Passes many amendments, an incredibly strong fighter for STEM education, big on the T&I committee. It's a shame to see the people who lament today's partisan polarization trying to throw out one of Congress' best bipartisan members.
^VPH's post which you just brushed aside
To you Lipinski haters: you have never interned for Lipinski. You almost don't have a right to talk...
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2018, 07:33:19 PM »

To you Lipinski haters: you have never interned for Lipinski. You almost don't have a right to talk...

uhhhHHHHHH "can't criticize congresspeople unless you have worked 4 them"
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2018, 07:33:39 PM »

^VPH's post which you just brushed aside

"to you Ryan haters: you have never interned for Paul Ryan. You almost don't have a right to talk..."
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2018, 07:44:10 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2018, 08:08:32 PM by Southern Deputy Speaker/National Archivist TimTurner »

Hahaha
My broader point is, you have been putting forth silly criticism of him (like the Paul Ryan photo and all). Such criticism deserves to be laughed at.  You have a right to criticize him, but some of it is hackishly unfair to the incumbent and thus can be called silly or ridiculous.
Our Illinoisan posters from Chicagoland have been adopting a different tack on him than you have collectively done as a group. Illiniwek, GreenLine, etc. Shouldn't that count for something?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2018, 08:06:19 PM »

I have never regarded GreenLine's opinions and I'm certainly not going to start now.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2018, 08:08:02 PM »

I have never regarded GreenLine's opinions and I'm certainly not going to start now.
Well, he probably knows more about IL-03 than you do. Tongue
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #183 on: January 17, 2018, 08:12:33 PM »

This is the single most obnoxious active thread on Atlas at the moment. If you're a pro-Lifer, fine, support "King Dan" or whatever. If you're pro-Choice like most normal Democrats, it is natural to want Lipinski, who sits in a safely blue seat, to go.

I do not care about his "constituent services" or whatever. He is not left-wing for a Democratic congressperson in a safe seat and for that reason alone he should go.
The logic that the national party is more important than the district is what made “safe democrat seats” in the south go Republican and northern “safe Republican seats” go Democrat. Local concerns and views should always come before the national party’s desire.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2018, 08:22:24 PM »

Our Illinoisan posters from Chicagoland have been adopting a different tack on him than you have collectively done as a group. Illiniwek, GreenLine, etc. Shouldn't that count for something?
I live on the south side of Chicago and I think he sucks.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #185 on: January 17, 2018, 08:24:54 PM »

I live on the south side of Chicago and I think he sucks.
In the group of Chicagoland posters overall? You are in the minority, from what I can tell.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2018, 03:54:45 PM »

This is the single most obnoxious active thread on Atlas at the moment. If you're a pro-Lifer, fine, support "King Dan" or whatever. If you're pro-Choice like most normal Democrats, it is natural to want Lipinski, who sits in a safely blue seat, to go.

I do not care about his "constituent services" or whatever. He is not left-wing for a Democratic congressperson in a safe seat and for that reason alone he should go.

It's not even just abortion though. He also voted against Obamacare. If you just looked at his voting record you'd think he was from an R+10 district, lol.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2018, 09:32:29 AM »

State Sen. Toi Hutchinson (Chicago Heights, Kankanee, Homewood) and State Rep. Theresa Mah (Bridgeport, Pilsen, Back of the Yards) have endorsed Newman.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2018, 09:51:51 AM »

State Sen. Toi Hutchinson (Chicago Heights, Kankanee, Homewood) and State Rep. Theresa Mah (Bridgeport, Pilsen, Back of the Yards) have endorsed Newman.

Wow, polling must look like crap for Lipinski. Good News!
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2018, 10:00:02 AM »

Lipinski is one of Mike Madigan’s strongest allies. Didn’t know before, but that just makes me dislike him even more.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2018, 11:26:14 PM »

Lipinski is one of Mike Madigan’s strongest allies. Didn’t know before, but that just makes me dislike him even more.
It probably makes him invincible though
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2018, 12:01:10 AM »

It probably makes him invincible though

Nah. 10 years ago maybe, but not anymore.

Time for Lipinski to go!
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2018, 03:55:09 PM »

Wow, polling must look like crap for Lipinski. Good News!

Doubtful. All these endorsers will be embarrassed when Lipinski wins handily.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2018, 04:11:44 PM »

I’d like to know what Newman’s fundraising looks like
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2018, 05:41:07 PM »

Luis Gutierrez, Jan Schakowsky, Toi Hutchinson, wow!  Out of district insurgents who have no influence over the voters.

Sandra Bury, on the other hand, is the beloved mayor of the largest town in the district and is strongly supporting Congressman Dan.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2018, 05:55:11 PM »

Further to my point, Lipinski rolled out a list of endorsements from 30 local mayors, basically every major population center outside Chicago.

https://suburbanchicagoland.com/2018/01/17/war-heats-lipinski-challenger-newman/

One candidate is rolling out endorsements from big liberal organizations and far left outside politicians, and one is getting them from nearly every local politician in the area.  I wonder what that says?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2018, 06:02:52 PM »

Further to my point, Lipinski rolled out a list of endorsements from 30 local mayors, basically every major population center outside Chicago.

https://suburbanchicagoland.com/2018/01/17/war-heats-lipinski-challenger-newman/

One candidate is rolling out endorsements from big liberal organizations and far left outside politicians, and one is getting them from nearly every local politician in the area.  I wonder what that says?

That the local machine protects its own boy, just like the New Jersey one does for Menendez.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2018, 06:07:08 PM »

That the local machine protects its own boy, just like the New Jersey one does for Menendez.

Yes, precisely. 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2018, 06:07:37 PM »

Good thing All Politics Is National these days.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2018, 04:34:22 AM »

People need to stop being so goddam precious about this.

If you inherit you're seat in a crooked deal from your daddy, oppose the centre piece of legislation from your party and refuse to endorse the most popular sitting President in your party, whilst holding views outside of the mainstream of your parties ideology.... expect a primary challenge!

I'm sure the vast majority of people supporting Newman will vote straight D in 2018. Who cares if Newman doesn't win? At least it will show that some people in the district care about LGBT rights, women's rights etc rather than an out-dated fetishisation of 'macho' working class immigrant culture
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies