IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:55:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day! (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!  (Read 80590 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 17, 2017, 01:11:47 PM »

#IbackKingDan
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 03:16:39 PM »

I for one am very proud of Congressman Lipinski for his support of the unborn. He is also a dogged advocate for his constituents, an important voice regarding transportation issues, and a true freedom fighter. He deserves to have the seat for as long as he wants it.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 03:32:27 PM »

I for one am very proud of Congressman Lipinski for his support of the unborn. He is also a dogged advocate for his constituents, an important voice regarding transportation issues, and a true freedom fighter. He deserves to have the seat for as long as he wants it.

He literally only has the seat because his dad pulled a trick to give it to him.
Who cares
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 03:35:26 PM »

He literally only has the seat because his dad pulled a trick to give it to him. He's a dynastic fool.

Not to mention that Lipinski is hardly a "dogged advocate for his constituents" when his constituents are significantly to his left.
Democratic district=/=massively socially liberal district
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 05:38:06 PM »

He literally only has the seat because his dad pulled a trick to give it to him. He's a dynastic fool.

Not to mention that Lipinski is hardly a "dogged advocate for his constituents" when his constituents are significantly to his left.
Democratic district=/=massively socially liberal district

If they like Lipinski they are free to vote for him.
Indeed, and vice versa. Thing is, in the past, he has won landslides in the primary again and again and again, VPH has spoke favorably about him, etc. So he is clearly doing something right.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 07:20:20 PM »

Does anyone else in this thread have the first-hand experience of VPH on this matter? Anyone?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 08:26:40 AM »

Does anyone else in this thread have the first-hand experience of VPH on this matter? Anyone?

me! because i read the ACA roll call vote, and that's all i really need.
No it is not all you really need. Lol. I would go so far as to say his vote against the ACA ought to be held up as ultimately meaningless, or at least, not important.
Your views about Representative Lipinski are ignorant of political realities, and not held by the people of Illinois' 3rd congressional district. If they were, he would have been primaried years ago.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 08:33:18 AM »

No it is not all you really need. Lol. I would go so far as to say his vote against the ACA ought to be held up as ultimately meaningless, or at least, not important.
Your views about Representative Lipinski are ignorant of political realities, and not held by the people of Illinois' 3rd congressional district. If they were, he would have been primaried years ago.
you can't just string words together and pretend they mean things lmao
Please explain why he has always won renomination over and over again.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 12:13:56 PM »

Please explain why he has always won renomination over and over again.
i don't care? that's not relevant to the question of whether he sucks or not (the answer is yes, extremely)
Doesn't he have good constituent services? Isn't that an important part of a congresscritter's job?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 12:23:23 PM »

Doesn't he have good constituent services? Isn't that an important part of a congresscritter's job?
again, I don't care how personally charming dan lipinski is, he's a bad person who pushes policies that make people's lives worse (ex: voting against the ACA, his anti-abortion nonsense, etc)
His vote against the ACA hurt no one. I wouldn't be shocked if Pelosi gave him permission to vote against against it.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 12:32:51 PM »

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2013/01/hr-6079-why-did-the-pro-life-lipinski-vote-no-on-obamacare-repeal.html
https://www.healthreformvotes.org/congress/400630
It appears that he hasn't generally voted along with Rs in regards to repealing the bill itself.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 02:37:22 PM »

So is he practically a Republican for voting to repeal the medical device tax?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 04:29:44 PM »

He helped create the House compromise to fix the ACA and votes against repealing. Whether or not you agree with his abortion stance, he's a pragmatist at heart who wants to get things done, not a right-winger.
But but but I thought he was literally a conservative Republican!!! Tongue
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 03:24:32 PM »

Blech NARAL
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2017, 11:55:45 AM »

He voted against the tax bill and was part of a press conference opposing it held by the Blue Dogs. So what if he's smiling in a picture with Paul Ryan?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 07:00:37 PM »

Stupendous news! Clearly DINO Dan isn't the unbeatable titan that perfectly represents his constituents that many people here think if his own homestate colleagues are comfortable coming out against him. Smiley
The people of IL-03 say, 'Who cares!'
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 07:19:59 PM »

Stupendous news! Clearly DINO Dan isn't the unbeatable titan that perfectly represents his constituents that many people here think if his own homestate colleagues are comfortable coming out against him. Smiley
The people of IL-03 say, 'Who cares!'

Something tells me that if Lipinski was 100% secure, Democrats wouldn't want to risk coming out against him for no reason or benefit.
King Dan is a better and more effective representative for IL-03 than Newman can ever hope to be. VPH can attest to his hard work on behalf of his district.
But you guys don't get it. You don't understand Dan Lipinski. VPH does. I would back King Dan any day.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 07:31:11 PM »

As somebody who interned in Lipinksi's office this summer, I can tell you firsthand, Lipinski's Congressional District has many socially conservative Polish, Irish, and Greek voters.

Lipinski is an effective Congressman both in constituent services and getting things done on the hill. Passes many amendments, an incredibly strong fighter for STEM education, big on the T&I committee. It's a shame to see the people who lament today's partisan polarization trying to throw out one of Congress' best bipartisan members.
^VPH's post which you just brushed aside
To you Lipinski haters: you have never interned for Lipinski. You almost don't have a right to talk...
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 07:44:10 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2018, 08:08:32 PM by Southern Deputy Speaker/National Archivist TimTurner »

Hahaha
My broader point is, you have been putting forth silly criticism of him (like the Paul Ryan photo and all). Such criticism deserves to be laughed at.  You have a right to criticize him, but some of it is hackishly unfair to the incumbent and thus can be called silly or ridiculous.
Our Illinoisan posters from Chicagoland have been adopting a different tack on him than you have collectively done as a group. Illiniwek, GreenLine, etc. Shouldn't that count for something?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 08:08:02 PM »

I have never regarded GreenLine's opinions and I'm certainly not going to start now.
Well, he probably knows more about IL-03 than you do. Tongue
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 08:24:54 PM »

Our Illinoisan posters from Chicagoland have been adopting a different tack on him than you have collectively done as a group. Illiniwek, GreenLine, etc. Shouldn't that count for something?
I live on the south side of Chicago and I think he sucks.
In the group of Chicagoland posters overall? You are in the minority, from what I can tell.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 12:24:11 PM »

That Emily's List endorsement is the most unshocking endorsement they have given so far in this election cycle. Why didn't they endorse Newman before?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 10:25:35 AM »

Newman can win this primary. No doubt about it.
Is it possible for Lipinski to replicate what Joe Lieberman did in 2006?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 10:32:37 AM »

Newman can win this primary. No doubt about it.
Is it possible for Lipinski to replicate what Joe Lieberman did in 2006?

I don’t think any Congressman is well-known enough to win as a third party candidate.
I was thinking he might have an opening if the GOP candidate is a far-right nut and Illinois law would allow him to appear on the ballot.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2018, 10:38:56 AM »

I still think he wins. After all, Mark Pera in 2008 put up quite the strong campaign, along with multiple other candidates and Lipinski still prevailed with a majority. NARAL, Democracy for America were behind Pera and Lipinski didn't even raise much that year.
What would the Newman vs. Lipinski race hinge on?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies