Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:33:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.  (Read 954 times)
Greatest I am
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 18, 2017, 07:28:02 AM »

I wrote this for the religious forum but it seems to be a question that I should have put to Republicans as they are exhibiting the same vile morality as pedophile priests and the religious who ignore morality to feed their tribal needs.

Do you see any difference in the immoral and unethical position of both groups?

How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

I find it quite strange that Christian, Muslims and Jews can ignore the immoral ways that their God is shown to have in the Bible, Qur’an and Talmud.

If you have read any of the critical books on God, you will have seen God described with some rather disingenuous terms that, if applied to a man, would see that man executed by any moral government in quick order. The Buddhist saying that if you ever meet God, kill him seems quite fitting. Frankly, I think killing him without making him suffer for a time would be too good for him. If hell were real, that would be a better end for him as mankind would surely need to see that torture to gain real closure for God’s crimes against humanity. This aside.

I can appreciate the value for society of local churches, mosques and temples but cannot fathom why lying priests, preachers and imams try to sell their God as a good God, when he is obviously more satanic than Satan. Perhaps scripture speak at least one truth in that the whole world would be deceived by Satan and his lying preachers and imams. Not that I believe in Satan.

As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught. It has been a long climb up Jacob’s ladder and apotheosis put me up one rung and I have tried to climb higher, but seem to have stalled due to my inability to find arguments that are persuasive enough to loosen Satan’s grip on the minds of Christians, Muslims and Jews. Their need of fellowship is stronger than their work on their moral sense and they stay in their religions even though they know that their God is immoral and not worthy of their idol worship. This Gnostic Christian truth is not a flattering epithet for God, which is likely what cause their destruction by Inquisition.

The truth hurts the religious even when given with a loving touch. I am not that good at that but have seen good honest lovers of Christ get verbally abused by theists. They think hate is motivating those who speak against their God even when love is the motivator. Hate is born of love, and the Gnostic hate of God is justified on moral grounds, and the attempted correction of a believers moral sense and their thinking is done out of love. They forget that that is how Jesus was and how that love driven expression of hate with what he saw around him almost got him killed at the hands of the Jews. So the myth says.

The fact that I have had many theists resist entering into moral argument of their God indicates that they know that their God is immoral. I can appreciate that once a person accepts the fellowship that his tribal nature seeks, and he can survive without having better morals, he is loath to jeopardize the comfort zone he has created for himself. The problem is that theists are living in self-deception and for one who seeks or has attained Gnosis, a deeper knowing of himself, self-deception is basically not allowed. That is why I have to bother fighting a fight that is almost un-winnable.

If you have an answer to the question I posed at the onset, please enlighten me as I am quite disappointed to see so many living in self-deception and without Gnosis, and following Gods who are demonstrably more Satan like than God like.

In the terrible days that we will face from environmental degradation that will soon be upon us, a new and moral God will be required and we presently do not have one.

I recognize that our tribal and fellowship needs are quite strong and a part of our basic instincts. Do you have any idea as to how we can break Satan’s hold on Christians, Muslims and Jews and change their fellowship and tribal needs to a need for a God with decent moral values?

Regards
DL
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:06:56 AM »

Greatest I Am:
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:17:18 AM »

Thanks for showing us what an average Republican looks like.

Regards
DL

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 11:05:24 AM »

Let's be clear on this: the vast majority Republicans are not pedophiles. Pedophiles are to be seen on both sides of the political spectrum. They are inexcusable either way.

Pedophilia is a subset of adultery.  It simply isn't called out . It is only in our modern sophistication that we see harm to children as a cause of monstrous evil, at best personal ruin and at worst the teaching of evil as a value. 

Yes, I see an equivalence: Roy Moore = Kevin Spacey. An abusive perv is an abusive perv whether straight or homosexual.

Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 11:12:45 AM »

Let's be clear on this: the vast majority Republicans are not pedophiles. Pedophiles are to be seen on both sides of the political spectrum. They are inexcusable either way.

Pedophilia is a subset of adultery.  It simply isn't called out . It is only in our modern sophistication that we see harm to children as a cause of monstrous evil, at best personal ruin and at worst the teaching of evil as a value. 

Yes, I see an equivalence: Roy Moore = Kevin Spacey. An abusive perv is an abusive perv whether straight or homosexual.

I did not say that the vast majority Republicans are pedophiles.

I said they seem to have the same mindset.

Regards
DL
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 12:04:26 PM »

Many people have left Christianity for the reasons stated in this thread. In many parts of the US and Europe people have become increasingly secular. Many have given up on "god".

Does it surprise anyone that there are more and more "atheists", "agnostics" etc and many describe themselves as "spiritual but not religious".
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 12:14:11 PM »

Many people have left Christianity for the reasons stated in this thread. In many parts of the US and Europe people have become increasingly secular. Many have given up on "god".

Does it surprise anyone that there are more and more "atheists", "agnostics" etc and many describe themselves as "spiritual but not religious".

I have noted that trend and even though I am a Gnostic Christian, I welcome the tipping point from belief to non-belief.

Secular law has proven to be way more moral than whet the Gods have come up with.

That tipping point is estimated to be 2050 but it may be faster. Let us pray.

Regards
DL
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 12:22:17 PM »

I have noted that trend and even though I am a Gnostic Christian, I welcome the tipping point from belief to non-belief.

Secular law has proven to be way more moral than whet the Gods have come up with.

Regards
DL
Well said.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 12:22:22 PM »

One problem that I have with religion is that parents have an influence on what their young children believe. This is not a problem if the child were taught to explore contrary ideas and to think for oneself, but historically anyway, children as often as not chose the religion of their parents, because it hasn't occurred to them that their parents might be wrong. Often this happens in politics as well.
It is hard to convince someone that their thinking might be wrong, because of "confirmation bias".
It is even harder if they have been brought up to think a certain way.

How many people believe "my religion is the correct one and therefore yours must be wrong"?
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 12:34:11 PM »

Regards
DL
Well said.

I have been quite close to what you endorse. If you had, I do not think you would endorse them.

Regards
DL
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 12:35:16 PM »

Let's be clear on this: the vast majority Republicans are not pedophiles. Pedophiles are to be seen on both sides of the political spectrum.

REPUBLICANS
Not pedophiles,
Just #1 with pedophiles
(and school shooters)

Oh wait, I forgot "Both sides do it!"

(Did I get that right?)
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 12:39:03 PM »

One problem that I have with religion is that parents have an influence on what their young children believe. This is not a problem if the child were taught to explore contrary ideas and to think for oneself, but historically anyway, children as often as not chose the religion of their parents, because it hasn't occurred to them that their parents might be wrong. Often this happens in politics as well.
It is hard to convince someone that their thinking might be wrong, because of "confirmation bias".
It is even harder if they have been brought up to think a certain way.

How many people believe "my religion is the correct one and therefore yours must be wrong"?

I agree.

I see two main sources for that kind of indoctrination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVqMAlgAnlo&app=desktop

Ant the worst place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac

Regards
DL
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 02:27:54 PM »

The ends do not justify the means. That is the fundamental truth that must be recognized by Christians and by Republicans when these sorts of things come to light. There is an immediate temptation to defend our own under the mistaken instinct that it will help to further that which we love. But that is an illusion, and it must be recognized as such:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »

The ends do not justify the means. That is the fundamental truth that must be recognized by Christians and by Republicans when these sorts of things come to light. There is an immediate temptation to defend our own under the mistaken instinct that it will help to further that which we love. But that is an illusion, and it must be recognized as such:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well put.

Regards
DL
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 12:03:32 PM »

No, but conservative Protestants and pedophile priests do.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 02:09:44 PM »

I agree.

Regards
DL
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 08:03:53 PM »

Harry Hay
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 10:17:44 PM »

I did not say that the vast majority Republicans are pedophiles.

I said they seem to have the same mindset.

Regards
DL

Can we stop with this nonsense?

Regards,
Me
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2018, 06:09:50 PM »

Thanks for showing us what an average Republican looks like.
I'm thinking about reporting this.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies