Worker describes experience in troll factory
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:07:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Worker describes experience in troll factory
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worker describes experience in troll factory  (Read 456 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 18, 2017, 01:25:51 PM »

"The bloggers and former journalists churned out "lies ... a merry-go-round of lies," Bespalov said in an interview with the network, saying workers pushed to fulfill precise content quotas for articles and posts on social media.

Bespalov said that that he "absolutely" believes the Internet Research Agency to be connected to the Kremlin, a belief shared by the U.S. intelligence community.

At the agency, Bespalov worked on a floor devoted to writing fake news articles that were pushed on social media, according to NBC News."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/360830-russian-troll-describes-how-misinformation-factory-works
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 07:37:31 PM »

Looks like we know who the latest addition to Putin's hit list is.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 07:29:49 AM »

always wondered how they made those beady little eyes so mesmerizing.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 10:20:42 AM »

At first I thought you were talking a factory that made these:

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 10:21:29 AM »

A shame he wasn't making these:
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 02:16:02 PM »

This is what I keep thinking when I hear the term "troll factory."

At first I thought you were talking a factory that made these:

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 10:15:04 AM »
« Edited: November 20, 2017, 10:16:48 AM by HillGoose »

don't worry guys, i'll never let the Russian trolls overcome me.

In case you're curious, I believe that when you see these on the internet, you are witnessing Russian trolling, more than likely:

-Anti-vax

-Neo-Nazi sort of "Jews are all investment bankers and the reason you're poor"

-"MGTOW" "Redpill" "Incel" and other moronic ideas relating to male sexuality

-Flat earth theory

-Justification of abusive relationships

-Hatred for any group that isn't radical Christian fundamentalism

-Extreme hatred for homosexuals (I know lots of Christians in USA disapprove of homosexuality, I'm talking about when it gets taken to an extreme level)

-Any sort of real pushing of "anarcho-communism" or other ideas that are clearly oxymorons or would never actually work in practice, but sound good to 15 year olds.

-Also, it seems to me that Russian trolls typically link to Youtube videos to prove their points.

I find it funny that people fall for these trolls. People are so intent on NOT being brainwashed by their government that they're willing to let some dumbass on Youtube brainwash them instead.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 10:23:37 AM »

In case you're curious, I believe that when you see these on the internet, you are witnessing Russian trolling, more than likely:

-Anti-vax

-Flat earth theory

-Extreme hatred for homosexuals (I know lots of Christians in USA disapprove of homosexuality, I'm talking about when it gets taken to an extreme level)

-Any sort of real pushing of "anarcho-communism" or other ideas that are clearly oxymorons or would never actually work in practice, but sound good to 15 year olds.

-Also, it seems to me that Russian trolls typically link to Youtube videos to prove their points.

I find it funny that people fall for these trolls. People are so intent on NOT being brainwashed by their government that they're willing to let some dumbass on Youtube brainwash them instead.

Would it be a good idea to just automatically dismiss these posts as Russian propaganda? Not that I took any of these before seriously.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 10:25:54 AM »

-Anti-vax

-Flat earth theory

Would it be a good idea to just automatically dismiss these posts as Russian propaganda? Not that I took any of these before seriously.

I don't automatically dismiss them, I actually believe that many of the people who believe in these sorts of things aren't Russian propagandists, but I feel like the major advocates for these things are Russian trolls, based on my experience with these subjects at least.

I used these groups as an example mostly because the people leading these groups have an unusually supportive opinion of the Russian government.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 10:34:06 AM »

-Anti-vax

-Flat earth theory

Why are you asking him? He’s not an expert.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 01:35:36 PM »

-Anti-vax

-Flat earth theory

Why are you asking him? He’s not an expert.

I didn't claim to be one, that's my amateur experience and thoughts lol
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies