William H. McRaven as vice presidential candidate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:00:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  William H. McRaven as vice presidential candidate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: William H. McRaven as vice presidential candidate  (Read 294 times)
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 18, 2017, 07:33:15 PM »

I think he would make an excellent choice to be number two on the ticket, for either party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_H._McRaven

Yet he's hardly mentioned?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 07:35:34 PM »

Democrats aren't going to nominate a military man, when 75% of the party are doves.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 07:38:04 PM »

If that's the case then no Democrats should run to be Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 07:46:15 PM »

If that's the case then no Democrats should run to be Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.

There's a difference between anti-war and refusing to use the army. I think most Democrats would agree to fight back if we were invaded.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 08:01:01 PM »

He seems like a very experienced, all-around qualified person.  I think that a lot of time when we choose a ticket we always go with the senators first, but there are people in the military who would make very good choices. 

I would recommend to Democrats that preparedness and experience are very important to make a sharp contrast with the current president. 

Another area that they don't choose from is diplomats and people who work mainly in international relations or peacekeeping. 

I admit I do have a bias against Senators, who are always on the top of the list.  I much prefer governors or people with long records of service in a field that's related to foreign policy.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 08:03:17 PM »

I see him as a VP for a female candidate. Especially one who is not strong on/or known for their foreign policy views.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 08:35:46 PM »

He seems like a very experienced, all-around qualified person.  I think that a lot of time when we choose a ticket we always go with the senators first, but there are people in the military who would make very good choices. 

I would recommend to Democrats that preparedness and experience are very important to make a sharp contrast with the current president. 

Another area that they don't choose from is diplomats and people who work mainly in international relations or peacekeeping. 

I admit I do have a bias against Senators, who are always on the top of the list.  I much prefer governors or people with long records of service in a field that's related to foreign policy.

Agreed. Jon Huntsman would have made a great choice for McCain, Romney or Trump.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies