Trump reaches a new low (again). Twitter war with Lavar Ball
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:26:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump reaches a new low (again). Twitter war with Lavar Ball
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump reaches a new low (again). Twitter war with Lavar Ball  (Read 1733 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2017, 09:26:37 PM »

We can't be that shunned when the white supremacist in chief gets into twitter rant with a successful black man. His demeanor has degraded the Oval Office and it's the Trump voters fault that we could allow this to represent our nation.

Oh come on, just because Trump is arguing him doesn't mean we have to pretend to like LaVar Ball. Remember, LaVar literally got press by emulating Trump.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 12:21:56 PM »

We can't be that shunned when the white supremacist in chief gets into twitter rant with a successful black man. His demeanor has degraded the Oval Office and it's the Trump voters fault that we could allow this to represent our nation.

Oh come on, just because Trump is arguing him doesn't mean we have to pretend to like LaVar Ball. Remember, LaVar literally got press by emulating Trump.

Sounds like someone isn't a big baller.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 12:22:59 PM »

The really stupid thing about this is that Trump actually did something good by helping get the players released, but he's forfeited any good will he might have earned from it by his pettiness.  Do good because it's good, not for the praise it might bring you.

That Concept is completely absolutely not just foreign to Trump's basic core, but antithetical to it. That is why he is as much a horrible human being as he is a president.

Yeah he's horrible. He gets 3 black thieves released while Obummer can't get 1 white tourist released from NK until he's basically dead.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 12:30:42 PM »

The really stupid thing about this is that Trump actually did something good by helping get the players released, but he's forfeited any good will he might have earned from it by his pettiness.  Do good because it's good, not for the praise it might bring you.

That Concept is completely absolutely not just foreign to Trump's basic core, but antithetical to it. That is why he is as much a horrible human being as he is a president.
republicanbayer
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2017, 04:23:09 AM »

After watching LaVar's interview on CNN, I have to think that he planned this story from the beginning. Told his son to go shoplifting in China just a few days before the President goes there as well. He knew that it is Trump's job to speak on behalf of these guys and he knew that Trump would make a huge deal out of his help for them. That gave LaVar the opportunity to say some things about Trump, which he took as an insult. And once the President calls you out on Twitter, the stage is yours. It was the perfect opportunity for LaVar to get even more attention than he could have ever imagined. Obviously a very risky move, but they call him Big Baller for a reason.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2017, 05:30:31 AM »

After watching LaVar's interview on CNN, I have to think that he planned this story from the beginning. Told his son to go shoplifting in China just a few days before the President goes there as well. He knew that it is Trump's job to speak on behalf of these guys and he knew that Trump would make a huge deal out of his help for them. That gave LaVar the opportunity to say some things about Trump, which he took as an insult. And once the President calls you out on Twitter, the stage is yours. It was the perfect opportunity for LaVar to get even more attention than he could have ever imagined. Obviously a very risky move, but they call him Big Baller for a reason.

This man gets it.

Honestly LaVarr Ball would be a better candidate than 3/4 of the 2020 Democratic field to take on Trump.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2017, 07:51:07 AM »

This man gets it.

Honestly LaVarr Ball would be a better candidate than 3/4 of the 2020 Democratic field to take on Trump.

Trump gets it, too.  He knows full well his image, and he knows full well the concepts of "branding" and "brand messaging".

What an opportunity for Trump to help Big Baller's brand to get a boost, whether he intended this or not?  And maybe he DID intend to "help" Big Baller's brand.  How far removed would that be from, say, LBJ telling some of his Senate friends in electoral trouble, "I'll speak for you or against you; whichever will do the most good."?

This whole thing has a WWE professional wrestling aura to it.  I suspect that at least SOME of Trump's Twitter Feuds are of that nature.  I'm not sure that's what I want in a President, but I do prefer this to the insufferable to the politeness of the Bushes who, with good manners and clean language, hire folks like Lee Atwater and benefit from his work.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2017, 12:20:21 PM »

This man gets it.

Trump gets it, too.  He knows full well his image, and he knows full well the concepts of "branding" and "brand messaging".

What an opportunity for Trump to help Big Baller's brand to get a boost, whether he intended this or not?  And maybe he DID intend to "help" Big Baller's brand.  How far removed would that be from, say, LBJ telling some of his Senate friends in electoral trouble, "I'll speak for you or against you; whichever will do the most good."?

This whole thing has a WWE professional wrestling aura to it.  I suspect that at least SOME of Trump's Twitter Feuds are of that nature.  I'm not sure that's what I want in a President, but I do prefer this to the insufferable to the politeness of the Bushes who, with good manners and clean language, hire folks like Lee Atwater and benefit from his work.

I disagree. I feel confident saying Trump had little to no idea who the Ball family was before this week (For some reason, I don't imagine Trump being a big NBA fan). This is just him being a dumb child.

As for the WWE thing, LaVar did host Raw a few weeks ago (And he was great, a natural heel).
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2017, 12:21:27 PM »

This man gets it.

Funny to read how Fuzzy finds every perceivable angle to defend how Deplorable the Orange-Haired Clown truly is.
LOL.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2017, 06:40:52 PM »

Stephen a Smith actually was on Trump's side on this issue.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2017, 06:52:51 PM »

Can we send Daddy Ball to China?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2017, 07:18:48 PM »

Let's send both him and Trump, and keep the players here.  That would be a good trade.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2017, 08:56:47 PM »

This man gets it.

Funny to read how Fuzzy finds every perceivable angle to defend how Deplorable the Orange-Haired Clown truly is.
LOL.

My mother told me to say "thank you" when someone did something nice for me, whether I liked it or not, and whether I liked the giver or not.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2017, 10:13:52 PM »

Trump supporters vs. blacks is always a winning strategy
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2017, 01:05:26 AM »

Trump supporters vs. blacks is always a winning strategy

Stephen A Smith was on Trump's side in this feud
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2017, 12:04:29 AM »

Trump escalated
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/933280234220134401

I'm really starting to wonder if he's going to last to be indicted/impeached. The man is going more insane every week, and he was crazy to begin with.

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2017, 02:05:33 AM »

By the way LaVar is totally right. Shoplifting is a very minor crime in China, the punishment for foreigners is usually just being asked to leave the country, and Trump asking for help was totally pointless.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 05:05:46 PM »

I find it hard to believe that the president has literally nothing better to do than have a Twitter slap fight with a guy who makes sneakers for a living.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 05:09:46 PM »

Trump needs to get over the fact that most people hate him and that being President doesn't make you likable or require people to praise you.

I'm pretty sure that's why he wanted the job in the first place.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2017, 01:44:32 PM »

I find it hard to believe that the president has literally nothing better to do than have a Twitter slap fight with a guy who makes sneakers for a living.

Chinese laborers make the shoes, LaVar does the brand messaging.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2017, 01:53:08 PM »

Chinese laborers make the shoes, LaVar does the brand messaging.

You'd think Trump could find some common ground with him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies