Star Trek v Star Wars (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:43:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Star Trek v Star Wars (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Star Trek

Star Wars

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Star Trek v Star Wars  (Read 2043 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 22, 2017, 02:42:58 PM »
« edited: November 22, 2017, 02:47:46 PM by Vice President PiT »

I hate when it becomes a battle between Star Wars and Star Trek. They're completely different things. Yes, they both take place in space and have Star in their name. That's it. I enjoy both in different ways. Even George Lucas admits that without Star Trek, Star Wars may not have been what it was. And without Star Wars, the Star Trek movies and new TV series may not have happened at all. Both are great. It's not some heresy to say that both are greatly enjoyable and have had a massive impact on our culture.

Excellent post. What's even sadder is when people try to argue which one has more advanced technology, as if that is relevant to anything at all.

I prefer Star Trek myself, but I have to acknowledge the influence that Star Wars had on The Wrath of Khan (the best Star Trek movie). For me to bash Star Wars or act like it's not a great franchise would be hypocritical.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies