WAPO: Eight women say longtime TV host Charlie Rose sexually harassed them
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:54:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WAPO: Eight women say longtime TV host Charlie Rose sexually harassed them
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WAPO: Eight women say longtime TV host Charlie Rose sexually harassed them  (Read 1660 times)
boske94
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2017, 04:53:37 PM »

Another one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/eight-women-say-charlie-rose-sexually-harassed-them--with-nudity-groping-and-lewd-calls/2017/11/20/9b168de8-caec-11e7-8321-481fd63f174d_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_no-name%3Apage%2Fbreaking-news-bar&tidr=a_breakingnews&utm_term=.78d8543c20a5
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 05:11:30 PM »

lol.

And media has the nerve to get on their high horse about politicians and sexual harassment. They need to clean their own house first.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 05:14:26 PM »

It looks like we've entered into a time in which allegations like this become the norm and victims of sexual assault, especially women, are gaining the power that they deserve to receive justice and let others know that it's okay to report such acts.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 05:14:35 PM »

As mentioned on twitter, I wonder if this widespread culture of sexual harassment in journalism had any effect on coverage of the first female major-party presidential nominee.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 05:31:19 PM »

It looks like we've entered into a time in which allegations like this become the norm and victims of sexual assault, especially women, are gaining the power that they deserve to receive justice and let others know that it's okay to report such acts.

Agreed. I just hope that the reaction is for Americans to awaken to the reality that is pervasive sexual misconduct in our country (often identified as rape culture), rather than a hostile reaction or one of dismissiveness.
uti2

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 05:55:40 PM »

As mentioned on twitter, I wonder if this widespread culture of sexual harassment in journalism had any effect on coverage of the first female major-party presidential nominee.

Not just with regards to 2016, there is also a tendency to blame '08 exclusively on Palin, ignoring the greater structural GOP deficits at the time.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 06:54:17 PM »

Sad. I thought Rose was a gentleman.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 07:17:14 PM »

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 07:25:25 PM »

Not just with regards to 2016, there is also a tendency to blame '08 exclusively on Palin, ignoring the greater structural GOP deficits at the time.

Uh...McCain probably would have won if he hadn't picked Palin because muh' Racism.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 07:30:47 PM »

Uh...McCain probably would have won if he hadn't picked Palin because muh' Racism.

No. W's approval was in the mid-twenties and McCain was totally clueless about the economy, which became the dominant issue after Lehman Brothers.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 07:35:42 PM »

fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 07:37:02 PM »

Wow. There's an ever steady stream of allegations everyday. Now that's what I call draining the swamp.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 08:08:01 PM »

Mr. Rose's career appears to be at an end.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 08:10:33 PM »

First things first: which party is at fault here? Democrats or Republicans?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 08:15:27 PM »

Men with power can't help but grope women it seems.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 12:59:34 PM »

I never liked him so I'm not surprised.  I never liked Al Franken either.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 01:03:23 PM »

He's been fired by CBS
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 01:04:49 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 01:06:04 PM »

Wow. There's an ever steady stream of allegations everyday. Now that's what I call draining the swamp.

What I cant understand is how the Orange Swamp Monster himself, got away with it ?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 02:14:16 PM »

Agreed. I just hope that the reaction is for Americans to awaken to the reality that is pervasive sexual misconduct in our country (often identified as rape culture), rather than a hostile reaction or one of dismissiveness.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 03:00:28 PM »

What I cant understand is how the Orange Swamp Monster himself, got away with it ?

Unlike Mr. Rose, who built a career on appealing to those interested in informing themselves and otherwise appealing to parts of humanity's better nature, President Moron has built his backing among the dregs of the swamp: the assaulters, the wanna-be rapists, and the delusional and ignorant.

Yes, it appears Charlie Rose is a hypocrite and that doomed him. When it comes to bei g an abusive sexist bigot, Trump wears his label openly. Do you think it would matter if Alex Jones faced the exact same aaccusations Charlie Rose has? His viewership would probably go up!

I don't like it, but we're in a cultural war now. Trump didn't start it, but he escalated it, partly by making it clear how big the stakes really are. I think that is part of what has broken the dam on sexual abuse and assault.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 09:35:40 PM »

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 10:23:58 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2017, 10:28:38 PM by Ghost of Ruin »

Eight women accuse eminent journalist and talk show host of sexual harassment: liberal media fire him and cancel his show.

Twelve women accuse reality-tv star and self-promoter of sexual harassment: Republicans make him President and worship him as a god.

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2017, 12:34:10 AM »

Eight women accuse eminent journalist and talk show host of sexual harassment: liberal media fire him and cancel his show.

Twelve women accuse reality-tv star and self-promoter of sexual harassment: Republicans make him President and worship him as a god.

True story: I have friends who work in the entertainment industry who told me people like Kevin Spacey and Charlie Rose were creeps for years....all.i can say is get ready for more shoes to drop but Tom Hanks is safe
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2017, 12:39:21 AM »

True story: I have friends who work in the entertainment industry who told me people like Kevin Spacey and Charlie Rose were creeps for years....all.i can say is get ready for more shoes to drop but Tom Hanks is safe
I hate when random people on the internet claim to have inside sources on something but can't prove it.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies