2020 Interactive Signup Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:07:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020 Interactive Signup Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: 2020 Interactive Signup Game Thread  (Read 20133 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2017, 09:09:16 AM »
« edited: December 08, 2017, 09:58:51 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio Campaign Ad
In an effort to attract voters who selected national security as the most important issue and to rebuke Abbott's dishonest accusations, President Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad narrating all of Rubio's accomplishments as President in terms of national security.

The ad titled « Experience » airs nationwide in all the 50 U.S. states as well as in Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories.

« Experience » advertisement narration :

Narrator : While Greg Abbott crosses all the country lying about President Marco Rubio's accomplishments on national security, all the American people knows that they can't trust a single word from someone like Abbott who has absolutely no foreign policy experience and doesn't have the skills to keep America safe in addition of failing to do so.

Meanwhile, his rivals for the Republican nomination don't have the experience, knowledge and background to keep America safe. It's the same for all the Democrats running for the highest office. The Democrats have no idea about how to defeat terrorism and keep our nation safe. They want to withdraw America from the war against terrorism, restore cuts in our military and in our defense budget, which will reduce our military at its lowest size since World War I, thus giving us stronger terrorist threat and make America an easier target for terrorists.

Under President Rubio's leadership, America is heading in the right direction and will win the War on Terror by totally defeating ISIS, Al Qaida and all other radical Islamic terrorist groups, get the world to a non-nuclear Iran and keep the Pacific Ocean pacific. That's how we're going to get to peace through strength.

Let's pursue the progress by giving America four more years of proven and strong leadership that will keep America safe and defend America's values.

Marco Rubio : I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2017, 09:17:17 AM »

Hello everyone,

I apologize for the delay -- this week has been hectic on my end and I'm not sure I'll be able to continue my role as moderator. I am currently putting out feelers to people who might be interested in taking over. If someone is interested, please PM me.

Again I apologize for the delay and will remedy a solution so the game can continue.

All my best,
NHI
R/H
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2017, 09:28:16 AM »

Hello everyone,

I apologize for the delay -- this week has been hectic on my end and I'm not sure I'll be able to continue my role as moderator. I am currently putting out feelers to people who might be interested in taking over. If someone is interested, please PM me.

Again I apologize for the delay and will remedy a solution so the game can continue.

All my best,
NHI

I will take over. I have the time and the ability of moderating a game. I will do it with great pleasure.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2017, 10:19:23 AM »

Marco Rubio's response to Sherrod Brown and Tammy Baldwin during a rally in Denver, Colorado

It's not surprising that Senators Brown and Baldwin would oppose the Alaska-Texas pipeline. But it's strange that Senator Brown speaks out against it while he voted against the Carbon Emissions Cap and Trade Plan of 2008. So he supported coal until he flip-flopped.

[Crowd laughs and applauds]

By opposing the pipeline, the Democrats, including the Democratic senators running for president, are voting against job creation and against America's energy independence. They want to restart another war on coal, which is exactly the last thing America needs. They want to increase taxes and regulations on America's energy industry, which will kill jobs and make America's energy independence impossible. We can promote oil production while improving our ecological footprint by developping renewable energies through the investment of a part of the revenues from oil drilling, not through taxpayers' money like the Democrats are suggesting.

The Democratic contenders would rather keep handing money to terrorists through our dependence on foreign energy due to our oil exports from unstable coutries in throes of terrorism, which will increase terrorist groups' ability to organize and commit terrorist attacks against us and our allies.

[Crowd boos]

We can't let that happen. Getting to energy independence and taking advantage of our own sources of energy will not only create jobs and make this economy stronger but also reinforce our nation's security by depriving terrorists of revenues from our energy dependence.

So I call on my colleagues in the Senate to support the construction of the Alaska-Texas pipeline for the sake of America's prosperity, energy independence, environment and national security.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless America.

[Crowd cheers and applauds]
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2017, 11:40:27 AM »
« Edited: December 08, 2017, 11:46:54 AM by Goldeneye »

Tim Kaine 2020 : Opportunity for All
Schedule from July 23-August 1

July 23-25
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.

July 26
-Flight to Atlanta, Georgia
-Build campaign infrastructure in Georgia
-Meet with voters in Atlanta, Georgia
-Foreign policy speech in Atlanta, Georgia Sad

Even though we are not from the same party and even though we disagree on a lot of issues, including on foreign policy issues, I give that credit to President Rubio for ordering the successful military operation that killed ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi yesterday. This is a great victory against ISIS and jihadism and I congratulate our brave men and women in uniform for their courage and their determination that helped to accomplish this mission for America's security. Now it is time for our land troops to come home. We're going to win the War on Terror.

-Meet with voters in Athens, Georgia
-Economic fairness policy speech in Athens, Georgia where Senator Kaine focusses on anti-poverty
-Gun rights in Athens, Georgia

July 27
-Flight to San Francisco, California
-Fundraising events in San Francisco, California
-Same-sex marriage policy in San Francisco, California

July 28
-Flight to Dubuque, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Dubuque, Iowa
-Agriculture policy speech in Dubuque, Iowa
-Manufacturing policy speech in Dubuque, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Davenport, Iowa
-Rally with voters at Modern Woodmen Park in Davenport, Iowa Sad

Our next nominee needs to be different from President Rubio on issues. Otherwise, most progressives will either stay home instead of going to to the polls or vote for a third-party candidate who will be more progressive like what happened in 2016. That's why Elizabeth Warren, while I respect her, has not succeeded in connecting with progressive voters who voted for the Sanders/Gabbard ticket, thus dividing our party and handing a victory to Marco Rubio.

But sadly, my colleague Jason Kander is too close to President Rubio when it comes to terrorism. They both oppose closing the U.S. military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, where there are still people who are tortured. Taxpayers are paying millions of dollars every year for the maintainance of this controversial base. And yet, Kander opposed Barack Obama's plan to close Guantanamo Bay after he voted in favor of it in the Missouri Legislature in 2009.

[Crowd boos]

So I guess he shifted his position because he hoped that it would make him able to win a senate race in a red state like Missouri, but it has not been enough to defeat Roy Blunt. I think Kander is debating with himself. We don't need a Democratic version of Mitt Romney.

For me it's absolutely clear. If I'm President, I will close Guantanamo Bay in order to make our country safe and to restore integrity.

[Crowd applauds]

-Meet with voters in North English, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Ames, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Red Oak, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Des Moines, Iowa
-Fair trade policy speech in Des Moines, Iowa

July 29
-Flight to Chicago, Illinois
-Build campaign infrastructure in Illinois
-Meet with voters in Chicago, Illinois
-Economic policy speech in Chicago, Illinois
-Immigration policy speech in Chicago, Illinois
-Fair trade policy speech in Chicago, Illinois where Kaine focuses on manufacturing industry
-Foreign policy speech in Chicago, Illinois
-Meet with voters in Springfield, Illinois
-Green energy policy speech in Springfield, Illinois where Kaine speaks out against the construction of the Alaska-Texas pipeline

July 30
-Flight to Concord, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Concord, New Hampshire
-Green energy policy speech in Concord, New Hampshire where Kaine pledges to establish a carbon tax for the sake of the environment
-Infrastructure policy speech in Concord, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Speech in Manchester, New Hampshire

We must not let the polls dictate the issue of this primary race. Like we can see, Sherrod Brown is leading the Democratic field. While I have respect for Senator Brown I don't think he's the best qualified to face President Rubio next year. Here's why I say so : Senator Brown is unelectable. He can't win.

As we know, Senator Brown was Elizabeth Warren's running mate and he lost the 2016 presidential election along with Senator Warren in a landslide. And despite being from Ohio, the most crucial battleground state that has always voted for the winner of every presidential election since 1964, Senator Brown has not even been able to carry his own home state of Ohio to Sentor Warren since Rubio has narrowly won Ohio in 2016.

And how can progressives trust Senator Brown if he voted against the Carbon Emissions Cap and Trade Plan of 2008, supported the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999 that abolished Glass-Steagall and caused the 2008 financial crisis and supported the Secure Fence Act of 2006 that authorized the construction of an additional 700 miles of double-layered fencing between the U.S and Mexico, thus making it more difficult for immigrants to earn American citizenship?

[Crowd boos]

This is not progressive at all. But if I'm the nominee, I will be the most progressive Democratic nominee since Franklin D. Roosevelt. I will fight to establish a carbon tax, to restore Glass-Steagall and to make our immigration system fair. That's how we're going to keep our party united and succeed our way to the White House.

-Meet with voters in New Boston, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Lebanon, New Hampshire

July 31
-Flight to Dallas, Texas
-Build campaign infrastructure in Texas
-Meet with voters in Dallas, Texas
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Dallas, Texas
-Immigration policy speech in Dallas, Texas
-Meet with voters in Austin, Texas
-Renewable energy policy speech in Austin, Texas
-Fundraising event in Austin, Texas
-Meet with voters in Houston, Texas
-Foreign policy speech in Houston, Texas
-Meet with voters in San Antonio, Texas
-Trade policy speech in San Antonio, Texas

August 1
-Flight to New Orleans, Louisiana
-Build campaign infrastructure in Louisiana
-Meet with voters in New Orleans, Louisiana
-Rally with voters at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana where Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards announces his endorsement to Tim Kaine
R/H
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2017, 02:18:46 PM »

Hello everyone!

So this is official, NHI has agreed to transfer the responsibility of the moderation of this competitive game to me. I read the rules of the game so I guess we can start the next round now.

Smiley
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2017, 02:41:08 PM »

Hello everyone!

So this is official, NHI has agreed to transfer the responsibility of the moderation of this competitive game to me. I read the rules of the game so I guess we can start the next round now.

Smiley

Congratulations... You also need to read the 2016 game thread for background information.
R/H
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2017, 02:52:56 PM »

Hello everyone!

Smiley

Congratulations... You also need to read the 2016 game thread for background information.

I just did.
R/H
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2017, 03:29:18 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2017, 09:28:58 PM by R/H »

As we turn August, President Rubio enjoyed a rise in his job approval ratings by passing from 44 % to 50 %. This is mostly due to the successful military operation that killed ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in Al Bukamal, Syria. And thanks to his efforts such as an executive order allowing the Congress to audit the Federal Reserve and the abolition of the sales tax on manufacturing equipment, the U.S. economy recovers.

On the Republican side, President Rubio increased his lead due, notably to his recent presidential accomplishments and to his attacks questionning Greg Abbott's conservative credentials. Justin Amash and David Duke remained steady in their poll standing.

On the Democratic side, the race seems to be definitely wide open since Sherrod Brown's front-runner status got more fragile due, notably, to his less frequent presence on the campaign trail last week and to Tim Kaine's attacks on his progressive credentials and on his electability since Brown was the running mate of a losing presidential candidate. The Virginia Senator enjoyed a considerable boost in the polls, the moreover that he got the endorsement of former rival John Bel Edwards. The race for the Democratic nomination seems to be announced as a 5-way race between Brown, Baldwin, Harris, Kaine and Gabbard unless the 2 under-dogs (Jason Kander and Dennis Kucinich) manage to soar by the beginning of the primary season.

Endorsements for Marco Rubio Sad Dan Patrick, Rick Scott, Donald Trump, Americans for Prosperity, John McCain, NRA, Jeff Sessions, Mike Huckabee, Dick Cheney, Cory Gardner, Sarah Palin, George W. Bush, Tim Scott, Terry Branstad, Marcus Luttrell, Mike Pence

Endorsements for Justin Amash: Greg Abbott

Endorsements for Tim Kaine: John Bel Edwards

Endorsements for Jason Kander: Heitkamp, AG Beshear and Let America Vote

Republican Primary Polling:

Nationwide Republican Primary Poll:
Marco Rubio: 74%
Gregg Abbott: 12%
Justin Amash: 6%
David Duke: 2%

Iowa Caucuses :
Marco Rubio: 74%
Gregg Abbott: 14%
Justin Amash: 2%
David Duke: 1%

New Hampshire Primary Sad
Marco Rubio: 71%   
Gregg Abbott: 8%
Justin Amash: 8%
David Duke: <1%

South Carolina Primary Sad
Marco Rubio: 72%
Gregg Abbott: 8%
David Duke: 6%
Justin Amash: 1%

Nevada Caucuses Sad
Marco Rubio: 79%
Gregg Abbott: 4%

California:
Marco Rubio: 81%
Gregg Abbott: 9%
Justin Amash: 5%

Virginia:
Marco Rubio: 71 %
Gregg Abbott: 10 %
Justin Amash: 5%
David Duke: 4%

Illinois:
Marco Rubio: 70 %
Gregg Abbott: 10 %
Justin Amash: 6%

Minnesota:
Marco Rubio: 70 %
Gregg Abbott: 12 %
Justin Amash: 7%
David Duke: 2%

Georgia:
Marco Rubio: 68 %
Gregg Abbott: 13 %
David Duke: 5%
Justin Amash: 3%

Texas:
Marco Rubio: 56 %
Gregg Abbott: 30 %
David Duke: 6%
Justin Amash: 3%

Alabama:
Marco Rubio: 67 %
Gregg Abbott: 14 %
David Duke: 4%

Colorado:
Marco Rubio: 74 %
Justin Amash: 7%
Gregg Abbott: 6 %

Tennessee:
Marco Rubio: 69 %
Gregg Abbott: 13 %
David Duke: 3%

Democratic Primary Polling:

Nationwide Democratic Primary Poll:
Sherrod Brown: 19%
Tammy Baldwin: 17%
Kamala Harris: 14%
Tim Kaine: 14%
Tulsi Gabbard: 11%
Jason Kander: 5%
Dennis Kucinich: 4%

Iowa Caucuses :
Sherrod Brown: 23%
Tammy Baldwin: 19%
Kamala Harris: 16%
Tulsi Gabbard: 11%
Tim Kaine: 9%      
Dennis Kucinich: 5%
Jason Kander: 4%

New Hampshire Primary Sad
Tammy Baldwin: 18%
Sherrod Brown: 17%
Kamala Harris: 14%
Tulsi Gabbard: 13%
Tim Kaine: 10%

Nevada Caucuses Sad
Kamala Harris: 18%
Sherrod Brown: 17%
Tammy Baldwin: 15%
Tulsi Gabbard: 12%
Tim Kaine: 10%
Jason Kander: 3%

South Carolina Primary Sad
Sherrod Brown: 19%
Kamala Harris: 19%
Tim Kaine: 12%
Tammy Baldwin: 12%
Tulsi Gabbard: 8%
Jason Kander: 6%
Dennis Kucinich: 1%

California:
Kamala Harris: 52%
Tammy Baldwin: 11%
Sherrod Brown: 9%
Tulsi Gabbard: 7%
Tim Kaine: 7%
Jason Kander: 2%

Virginia:
Tim Kaine: 52%
Sherrod Brown: 10%
Kamala Harris: 10%
Tammy Baldwin: 8%
Tulsi Gabbard: 6%

Illinois:
Tammy Baldwin: 19%
Kamala Harris: 16%
Sherrod Brown: 15%
Tulsi Gabbard: 7%
Jason Kander: 7%

Minnesota:
Tammy Baldwin: 20%
Kamala Harris: 13%
Tulsi Gabbard: 8%
Tim Kaine: 7%
Dennis Kucinich: 2%

Georgia:
Tim Kaine: 15%
Tulsi Gabbard: 5%
Tammy Baldwin: 4%   

Texas:
Tim Kaine: 19%
Kamala Harris: 17%
Tammy Baldwin: 7%   

Alabama:
Tim Kaine: 16%
Sherrod Brown: 14%
Tammy Baldwin: 9%   

Colorado:
Sherrod Brown: 14%
Kamala Harris: 12%

Tennessee:
Tim Kaine: 20%
Kamala Harris: 13%
Jason Kander: 2%

Breaking News, Part 1

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi killed in Abu Kamal

In the night of July 25 2019, the U.S. Armed Forces launched a military offensive against a secret mansion where ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was hiding. During the offensive, 19 ISIS jihadists, including Baghdadi, were killed while 2 U.S. soldiers were wounded. A few hours later, President Rubio addressed the nation from the White House about this successful offensive, describing Baghdadi's death as a « major victory against terrorism. »

The Alaska-Texas is approved in the Senate

Despite the fillibuster imposed by the Senate Democrats, the Republicans managed to get the 3/5 vote to pass the fillibuster partly due to the abscence of Tim Kaine and Kamala Harris on the Senate floor on August 1 and also since 8 Democratic senators, mostly from red states, especially Heidi Heitkamp (ND), Jon Tester (MT), Joe Manchin (WV), Claire McCaskill (MO), Joe Donnelly (IN), Mark Warner (VA), Bob Casey Jr. (PA) and Michael Bennett (CO), supported the construction of the Alaska-Texas pipeline just like they supported the Keystone XL pipeline in 2015. As a result, it gives 58 YEA votes against 40 NAY votes. Later, the bill is signed into law by President Rubio.

Other updates

Unemployment rate : 5.6 % (August 2019)

President Rubio's job approval rating : 49 % approve, 46 % disapprove

Next Round: August 2-August 12, 2019
Will end on Dec. 13, at 10:00 PM EST or 11:00 PM EST
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2017, 03:40:31 PM »

Nup. I'm out now.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2017, 03:56:16 PM »

Yeah, this is horribly unfair to Democrats.

Unless you can commit to being less biased in your game management, Brown will withdraw as well.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2017, 04:02:03 PM »

Abbott For America
Camapign Announcement, Dallas, Texas

You must be logged in to read this quote.

OOC: I am getting very busy right now as finals are coming up and I realized I can't run a successful campaign. I may come back next time this starts up again, only time will tell. I notice others are also withdrawing but I am not for the same reason as them. I really don't want to see this fall apart, so if you don't have to leave, stay in.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2017, 04:12:14 PM »

(I will PM UWS guys and I will tell him to calm it down)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2017, 04:14:11 PM »

Yankee, go out and win this thing!
R/H
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2017, 04:16:20 PM »

I will modify some things like the JA and the unemployment in order to make it fair. All right?
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2017, 05:06:05 PM »

I will modify some things like the JA and the unemployment in order to make it fair. All right?

I think you forgot the my endorsements

Mine as well, though I messaged you about it.
R/H
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2017, 05:39:06 PM »

Were there other endorsements you asked in addition of Abbott?
R/H
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2017, 05:45:27 PM »

Were there other endorsements you asked in addition of Abbott?

Yes, didn't NHI send the endorsements to you?

No he didn't. He just sent a message telling me not to forget about making endorsement lists and questions for the debates (Dems, and Reps).
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2017, 05:49:45 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2017, 05:59:17 PM by beautiful Harry Teague! »

I join Senator Baldwin and Brown on this filibuster because climate change has been occurring more and more quickly in recent years. President Rubio should know we will NOT give up on this issue. As such, we will not give up the floor, and I will not resume my campaign until this pipeline bill is defeated, or President Rubio backs down.

crap, it already passed. I'll keep this up for good measure
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2017, 05:54:48 PM »

Unless you can commit to being less biased in your game management, Brown will withdraw as well.
ditto for me
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2017, 05:58:31 PM »

ditto for me

Both games this guy has taken over both have UWS as the frontrunner. Coincidence?
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2017, 09:05:59 PM »

(Just had to get this out of the way)

Tulsi Gabbard on Tim Kaine's "Progressive" claim.

(Reno, Nevada)

Recently my opponent, Tim Kaine, would be the most progressive nominee since FDR. Now that's a pretty bold statement. He claims to be the person for the common people. Coming from a guy who supports the TPP, who supports NAFTA, who supports nearly all job killing free trade deals. Coming from a guy who supports his states right to work law. He has called for less regulations on the big banks. Now he runs for president and runs on a platform telling people that he is a progressive. I don't think so...

Also, Representative Gabbard stands with others in threatening to drop out unless the game is properly moderated without bias.
R/H
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2017, 09:11:55 PM »

I pledge that there won't be any bias in this game. You can all stay in the race.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2017, 09:31:47 PM »

ok. gonna hold you to that.
R/H
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2017, 09:35:48 PM »

Breaking News, Part 2

Increase of the tensions between Washington and Moscow

The U.S. military operation that killed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in Syria has also brought, as a result, an increase of the diplomatic tensions between the United States and Russia since Syria is one of Russia's greatest allies. In fact, Vladimir Putin worries about the potential that his ally Bachar el-Assad would be toppled, which would deprive Russia of its economic and strategic interests in the Middle East.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies