2020 Interactive Signup Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:30:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020 Interactive Signup Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Author Topic: 2020 Interactive Signup Game Thread  (Read 19956 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:17:45 PM »

✓ Marco Rubio: 363 (46.15%)
Elizabeth Warren: 168 (39.05%)
Bernie Sanders: 7 (9.48%)
Ron Paul: 0 (4.31%)

Republican Control of the Senate: 53-47
Republican Control of the House: 248-187

On November 8, 2016 Senator Marco Rubio of Florida defeated Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts in a decisive electoral defeat. The election marked the best showing for the Republican Party at the Presidential Level since 1988.

The Presidency of Marco Rubio: 2017 to 2019.
Marco Rubio was sworn in as the nation’s 45th President in January 20, 2017, ushering in what many believed to be the dawn of a new Republican era. Armed with a 57% approval rating and  GOP control of all three branches of government the President began with an ambitious agenda. Yet, two years into the Rubio era the Republican Party found itself at its nadir, with barely any accomplishments of merit.

Despite dominating Congress, Republican Party became adrift, and inner party fighting brought down any serious attempts at legislating. In earnest Republicans in Congress began a full attempt at Repealing Obamacare, but lack of a clear alternative, and empty rhetoric bogged down the process,
 and while a repeal ultimately passed the House, the effort died in the Senate, when Senators John McCain, Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins all voted to defeat the bill.

Republicans and Rubio suffered their first political defeat with the failure to repeal Obamacare. Another debacle involved a partial attempt at immigration reform. While, additional security measure cleared the Congressional hurdle, including border fences and additional ICE enforcement,
the package ultimately collapsed over an attempt to deal with the 11 million undocumented immigrants. While the President did not touch President Obama's DACA Executive Order, the initial immigration reform did provide what many conservatives considered to be "blanket amnesty".

President Rubio paid a hefty price politically with his base, and by the summer of 2017, saw his approval rating hit 45%, and 51% disapproval. However, the President and Republican did manage to cobble together a tax cut bill. While, the initial plan was to reform the tax code for the first time since 1986, Republican settled for the one largest tax cuts since the Bush Era, which was aided in part by votes from Red State Democrats, including Senator Joe Manchin who broke with his party to pass the bill through the Senate.

In other areas of Domestic policy, President Rubio did find some accomplishments. First, in appointing a Supreme Court Justice to fill the vacancy left by Antonin Scalia. The short list consisted of Judge Neil Gorsuch, New Hampshire Republican Senator Kelly Ayotte and Nevada Governor Brian  Sandoval. Initially Marco Rubio selected Sandoval, but the Nevada Governor's pro-choice positions drew the ire from many conservative groups, and Rubio was forced to backtrack his nomination. Hastily, he selected Kelly Ayotte; a move which concerned many New Hampshire Republicans, given the Party's fragile control of the Senate. However, Republican Governor Chris Sununu appointed NH Lawyer and Former Senate and Gubernatorial candidate Ovide Lamontagne to serve out the remainder of Ayotte's term. Lamontagne, also suggested he will run for his own term in 2022. Ayotte, was subsequently confirmed to the Supreme Court by an overwhelming margin of 62 to 37.

President Rubio, received his 2nd opportunity to nominate a replacement to the Court, following the announced retirement of Justice Anthony Kennedy in late 2018 and the Republican President put forth the name of Neil Gorsuch, but currently the nomination is in limbo, pending a Senate Hearing.

On the Foreign policy front the Rubio Administration largely continued the policies left in place by the Obama Administration when it came to handling the issues of terrorism, and America's role in the Middle East. There was some saber rattling with North Korea, throughout 2017 and into 2018. The President combined a strategy of tough talk and diplomacy, which involved in part showing strength near the Korean Peninsula, and involving China as a strategic partner in helping to curb the ambitions of the regime. As of 2019, talks are still ongoing between the parties.

On the political front, Democrats saw big gains in 2018, by retaking the House of Representatives and deadlocking the Senate 50-50; effectively ending the Republican lock on Washington. Voters in 2018 largely saw the Rubio Administration as 'ineffective' and 'failing to deliver on campaign promises' On election day the President's approval rating stood at 40%, with a 53% disapproval.

Heading into the President Election of 2020, which arguably began November 9th, 2016 Democrats are lining up for a chance to take on the Republican President, many who sees as weakened after the midterm elections. By April 2019 Rubio's approval rating stands a 45%, with a 49% disapproval A full roaster of Democratic candidates have announced, and there is some rumblings of a conservative challenge to Rubio's nomination, in part as a response to the attempted immigration reform, and Rubio's keeping in place of DACA.

Current polling finds Rubio ahead of an 'unnamed conservative challenger' 78% to 9%, with 13% undecided.

Given President Rubio's mediocre poll numbers, and voters' seeming rejection of his party in the 2018 Midterms, analysts see the 2020 Election as being up for grabs.

"With the right candidate, Democrats could retake the White House, but they also need to present themselves as being more than the "Anti Rubio Party"" -- Chuck Todd, Meet the Press.

Speculated candidates on the Democratic side are seen as, Senator Sherrod Brown, (who won his reelection in 2018 51% to 45%), Senator Tammy Baldwin, Texas Senator Beto O'Rouke (who was elected in 2018 winning race to fill Ted Cruz's vacancy by the close margin of: 47.54% to 47.47%), Former Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, Senator Cory Booker, Senator Kirsten Gilibrand, and Senator Kamala Harris.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sign up for Candidates (Democrats/Republicans ONLY at this time) will be held through Friday. First come first serve. I will update candidate roaster. as people declare. 
 Please include your announcement speech and any other campaign particulars. Game will officially commence on Sunday beginning on July 15, 2019. Round will last from 7/15/19 to 7/22/19 and will close on THURSDAY 11/30.

Any questions please PM.

Good night and Good Luck.

NHI
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 11:03:07 PM »

OOC: I think we all know who I'm running as...

Columbus, Ohio, July 4, 2019

As a progressive, we have unfinished work to do! We need to fight for the rights of the average American instead of the uber-rich! And we need to protect our rights and our way of life, at home and abroad! I believe I am the best candidate to do this, which is why I am running for President of the United States!

OOC: NHI, other than O'Rourke, which Senate seats did Democrats pick up, and who won those seats (I assume they picked up Nevada and one or both Arizona seats, but some confirmation would be nice), and did they also lose any seats (such as North Dakota, Missouri, Indiana etc.) and if so, who won those seats?

Also, could we get a list of new members of the House? Is Nancy Pelosi now Speaker, or is another Democrat Speaker?

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 11:08:21 PM »

OOC: I think we all know who I'm running as...

Columbus, Ohio, July 4, 2019

As a progressive, we have unfinished work to do! We need to fight for the rights of the average American instead of the uber-rich! And we need to protect our rights and our way of life, at home and abroad! I believe I am the best candidate to do this, which is why I am running for President of the United States!

OOC: NHI, other than O'Rourke, which Senate seats did Democrats pick up, and who won those seats (I assume they picked up Nevada and one or both Arizona seats, but some confirmation would be nice), and did they also lose any seats (such as North Dakota, Missouri, Indiana etc.) and if so, who won those seats?

Also, could we get a list of new members of the House? Is Nancy Pelosi now Speaker, or is another Democrat Speaker?

And what about Bill Nelson's seat in Florida since it's President Rubio's home state, which I guess would give an advantage for the Republicans?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 11:12:16 PM »

July 7, 2019. Madison, Wisconsin

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Baldwin 2020: Restoring America
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 11:28:56 PM »

July 7, 2019. Madison, Wisconsin

Baldwin 2020: Restoring America

OOC: I honestly thought you would run as Gabbard....
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 11:32:00 PM »

Vice President Pearcy will remain on the ticket

Vice President Stephen Pearcy confirmed in a report to Bloomberg that he plans to run for reelection as Vice President in 2020. President Rubio how hasn't made If official is likely to run for reelection in 2020.

Pearcy says that there were promises that they were able to make however some that didn't go though.

With that being said that he stills has seen through these past two years as a strong Bipartisan force in the senate.

He said if and when Rubio declares we will come back better than ever.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 12:04:16 AM »
« Edited: November 21, 2017, 12:16:33 AM by Goldeneye »

Richmond, Virginia

I'm running for president because I want to work with both parties, because I know that we need to put our differences aside and I did it both as Governor of Virginia and Senator and I'm ready to do it as president of the United States in order to make this society fair for all of us and to give diplomacy a chance.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 12:52:31 AM »
« Edited: November 21, 2017, 01:02:58 AM by wxtransit »

July 8, 2019
Austin, Texas

Abbott for America
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 07:43:02 AM »

A quick rundown:

NV: Democrat gain
AZ: Democrat Gain
TX: Democrat Gain
ND: Democrat Hold
MT: Democrat Hold
MO: Democrat Hold
FL: Democrat Hold/Republican Hold for Rubio

Speaker Of House is Tim Ryan
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 02:20:11 PM »

Richard Spencer for the Republicans.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 03:09:54 PM »

Does NHI have a veto on candidates...because I think he should use it here...
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 04:00:35 PM »

I agree.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 04:56:28 PM »

The reason I picked Spencer was because a) he'd be a very interesting character in the game, b) it would see how the country is reacting to a Hispanic president, and c) he's eligible to run for President under the mandatory requirements of the Constitution. If not him, I will be picking somebody else on the very far-right.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 05:05:15 PM »

The reason I picked Spencer was because a) he'd be a very interesting character in the game, b) it would see how the country is reacting to a Hispanic president, and c) he's eligible to run for President under the mandatory requirements of the Constitution. If not him, I will be picking somebody else on the very far-right.

He's not a Republican anyways.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 05:06:36 PM »

He's not a Republican anyways.
Donald Trump wasn't a Republican more than five years ago, people can change and register with any party they wish.
DFL

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 05:11:07 PM »

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"... I know there have been rumors circling around the capitol here in Baton Rouge and around our state that I will not be seeking re-election as governor of the great state of Louisiana. I'm here to confirm these rumors are true."

(gasps)

"Instead, I will be running for President of the United States of America!"

(cheers)

Later...
"As a Democrat governing one of the reddest states in the nation, I know maybe better than anyone what it takes to be bipartisan and respectful of each side of the aisle. To get past our seemingly unmovable gridlock in Washington we need someone with results, and that's what I bring to the table. In today's political environment, we also need someone with a code of ethics strong enough to resist the temptations of dirty politics -- my time at West Point gave me that. Most of all, we need someone who has a progressive vision to help all Americans, regardless of class, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation, and someone who can implement it."

"It has been an honor to serve the beautiful state of Louisiana for these four years. I hope to have your support to serve our nation for the next. God bless you and I'll see you on the trail!"

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 07:30:07 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2017, 10:37:18 PM by UWS »

Just wondering NHI actually, I think Obamacare would have successfully passed in the Senate because Rubio's health care plan to repeal and replace Obamacare has passed the House and the Senate voted on it when there was 53 Republican senators before the 2018 midterms. And even if McCain, Mirkowski and Collins voted against it, which makes 50 YEA votes, Vice-President Pearcy (who is the President of the Senate like all the Vice-Presidents who preceded him) is called to break the tie, thus giving 51 YEA votes against 50 NAY votes, which gives the required majority to repeal and replace Obamacare. Right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tie-breaking_votes_cast_by_vice_presidents_of_the_United_States
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 09:17:33 PM »

The Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Gabbard: Its Official, I will run in 2020
July 17th, 2019

(HONOLULU), Earlier yesterday Representative Tulsi Gabbard representing Hawaii's 2nd congressional district announced to a crowd of 300 that she would run for the Democratic nomination in 2020 saying of the President:

Us at the Star-Advertiser tried to follow up on her in a follow up press conference

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 03:22:33 AM »
« Edited: November 22, 2017, 01:06:22 PM by Representative LouisvilleThunder »

Dennis Kucinich for President 2020

July 18, 2019 in Cleveland, Ohio
Hello Cleveland! I'm running for the Democratic nomination because we need a fighter who is unafraid to take on the pathetic Rubio administration which is a puppet for wealthy special interests with no concern for the common man. The failures and gross incompetence of the Rubio administration is what drove me to return to politics because Washington needs a fighter for the people again. It's time for some real change in Washington which will actually benefit everyone from all walks of life. We lost the election in 2016 because our candidate was too afraid to stand for progressive principles and lacked a message of change. Let's not repeat that same mistake in 2020. We need a Democratic Party that actually stands for something. I will always stand for policies which aim at helping our most vulnerable and struggling members of society. I will fight for the interests of the factory worker, the farmer, the miner, the small business owner, the teacher, the college student, the retail worker, the office worker, the restaurant worker among many others rather than that of the banker, the CEO, the owners of pharmaceutical and health insurance companies, and defense contractors. I will fight Wall Street's corporate greed in order to help Main Street actually prosper again. My priorities will include universal healthcare in order to truly solve the problems in our healthcare system, making prescription drugs affordable, protecting civil liberties by repealing the Patriot Act and ending NSA surveillance, tuition-free college for our youth, reforming our criminal justice system, ending the senseless war on drugs, withdrawing from horrible trade agreements such as NAFTA and the WTO to help our workers and struggling industries, revitalizing our labor unions so our workers can have advocates for fair treatment and pay, solving the opioid epidemic, ending our costly and bloody overseas military adventures which only benefit the Military-Industrial Complex at the expense of largely working class lives, transferring money from our bloated and corrupt defense budget towards infrastructure and educational programs, protecting our environment by attacking climate change, reinstating Glass-Steagall in order to curb the power of the big banks, nationalizing the Federal Reserve so we can put the control of our money supply in the hands of the people, ending corporate welfare while helping small businesses grow, breaking up monopolies to allow small businesses the opportunity to compete. Clearly, Crooked Marco has the wrong priorities as his tax cut was an unnecessary gift for the ultra-rich, and he tried (but failed) to take away healthcare from millions of Americans. Rubio also endangers America by saber rattling with fake "threats" abroad and got America involved in the dumb and pointless war in Syria while Americans here at home are suffering and starving from a lack of healthcare or access to healthy food. I think the choice in visions for America are is crisp and clear. We can either continue the disaster that is the Rubio administration and his Republican Party, settle on some Rubio-lite "Democrat" who wouldn't bring any meaningful change to Washington, or we can elect Dennis Kucinich, a candidate whose politics actually mean something and wishes to speak truth to power and act on it. I wish to give power to the people, so that we all can experience greatness rather than the few.
Thank you all very much!
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 11:42:25 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2017, 01:00:27 AM by YPestis25 »

Kansas City Star
Jason Kander Announces Bid For President

June 3rd, 2019, Bryan Lowry -
     Former Missouri Secretary of State, and Senate candidate Jason Kander today announced a bid for the Presidency in Kansas City. Before a crowd of a few hundred, Kander began his bid for the Democratic nomination. Kander in a 30 minute speech stated a checklist of progressive causes, noting his support for 'common-sense gun control,' and a 'single-payer' heath care system.

Kander is expected to face an uphill battle for the Democratic nod, with the primary field already crowded by big names such as Governor John Edwards of Louisiana, and Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia. Kander assured the press pool after the rally that he was running a serious campaign, telling this reporter, 'Do I start as an underdog? Sure, but so have the past 3 Democratic nominees. The American people are ready for change, and I believe I am the best person to deliver that change.'

Kander is widely anticipated to focus much of his time and attention on the Iowa Caucus, and sources in his still nascent campaign reportedly view it as a must win state for Kander to remain a viable candidate for the nomination. More as follows...
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2017, 12:33:15 AM »

Republicans (*Finally) Repeal Obamacare; Now What
In a late night Senate Republicans at long last made good on a seven year promise to Repeal The Affordable Care Act, A.K.A. Obamacare. The Senate deadlocked 50-50, with Vice President Pearcy casting the deciding 51st vote. The move comes after a drawn out process, which first began the House narrowly passed a repeal measure in the spring of 2017. The bill was quickly defeated before a vote could be taken in the summer of 2017, in part do to the efforts of Senators John McCain, Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins. This second repeal efforts, comes after much debate in the Senate, with Majority Leader Mitch McConnell taking up another vote to repeal President Obama's Signature achievement.

However, many political analysts, and even some Republicans have criticized the vote, citing a lack of substance or clear prerogative in terms of replacing the healthcare law. Others, have criticized the vote as being nothing more than a political measure, aided to boost President Rubio's primary campaign against Governor Gregg Abbott, Congressman Justin Amash, and Mr. Richard Spencer.

Senator McConnell blasted the talk a "Washington Spin," and praised his colleagues for 'keeping their word to the American people' and pledged to now work 'to fix our health care system once and for all.'

Gallup Tracking Poll: Republican Primary 2019
Marco Rubio: 70%
Gregg Abbott: 15%
Justin Amash: 6%
Undecided: 10%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 12:33:57 AM »

I agree.

Please pick another candidate. Thanks.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 02:45:53 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2018, 12:58:33 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio 2020
America First

Campaign announcement speech in Orlando, Florida

June 4 2019

Thank you. Thank you so very much my friends.

Three years ago, we ended a a era in which America was suffering the slowest economy in our nation's history, government was at its biggest size, our country was dependent on foreign energies and was a hard place to do business. This was also an era in which global terrorism increased all around the world, in which we suffered multiplied terrorist attacks, in which we were close from witnessing a nuclear war (especially with North Korea), in which our constitutional rights were endangered and in which Obamacare diminished our people's access to healthcare through higher taxes and regulations.

Nothing has changed in the Democratic Party, including among all the Democratic presidential candidates. They want to make you believe that the last three years were not good. They want to take us backwards. They want to take us back to the last eight years of big government and higher taxes that hurt our economy and of weak foreign policy that gave us stronger terrorist threat. It demonstrates how much they are disconnected from reality. It demonstrates how much they are not listening to the American people.

In the last three years, we cut taxes for all the American people, including the middle class, which increased their purchasing power, we abolished the IRS and replaced it by a 15 % flat tax, we ended the War on Coal (which boosted our coal industry) and we reduced taxes on America's energy industry in addition of doubling the number of permits and liscenses on federal lands in addition of approving the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline, of the Dakota Access pipeline and of the TransAmerica pipeline, which rapidly brought us closer to energy independence, brought massive job creation in this country and will help us to develop renewable energies through the use of a part of revenues from oil drilling, thus pursuing further job creation and improve our ecological footprint. Thanks to the pursue of our quest for open markets, to the reduction of our corporate tax rate from 40 % to 20 % and to tax cuts for our manufacturing industry, we made our trade deals much better and fairer for American workers across the nation, we brought our lost jobs back home and we encouraged job creation here in the United States. And thanks to a reduction of taxes and regulations on businesses, to a reduction of the cost of doing business here in this country and of our corporate tax rate, we made America the best place to do business, which encouraged business owners to chose America as the place to open their business, thus encouraging strong job creation. Small businesses are the very lifeblood of our economy since most of the jobs are created in small businesses. That is something all the Democratic presidential candidates don't understand. They have no idea about how to create jobs. Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem and we solved this problem by lowering the size of government and by cutting wasteful government spending. As a result, we created over 9 million new jobs and reduced the unemployment rate from 5 % to below 4 %, which is the lowest unemployment rate since 2001. Our economy is heading in the right direction and will keep doing so and we will get to full employment.

In the last three years, we reinforced our military and our alliances, we armed the right groups in the Middle East through background checks on them and we made strong progress against radical Islamic terrorism by going after terrorists wherever they are, including in Syria and Iraq and thanks to our military strength we freed all of ISIS' territory and several ISIS leaders are killed, thus reinforcing our national security and bringing strong defense to our values sich as democracy, freedom, gender equity and freedom of religion. But this fight is not over and that's why we will keep fighting radical Islamic terrorism until this evil is totally defeated. We stopped Iran from getting the necessary capitals for the development of a nuclear weapon and reduced their ability to sponsor terrorist groups by abolishing the Iran nuclear deal. And we successfully faced the North Korean nuclear threat by imposing sanctions on international firms that were used as financial intermediaries to Kim Jong-un's regime as well as sanctions on North Korea's crude oil supply and by reinforcing our military presence on the Pacific. This threat must not only be contained. It must be defeated and that's why we need to increase all the necessary diplomatic, economic and political pressure on North Korea to accomplish that goal for the sake of international security, stability, freedom and peace.

In the last three years, we defended the right of the unborn to live and we defended the Second Amendment by allowing the Attorney General to block the transfer of firearms to suspected terrorists and to suspected criminals. We repealed and replaced Obamacare, which exempted all Americans from fiscal burdens forcing them to bailout health insurance companies and drastically improved their access to health services, thus saving Medicare and social security.

Throughout the last three years, America has finally reclaimed its status as the shining city on a hill and as the land of opportunity where everything is possible, including the American Dream. As my father used to tell me, « En este pais, ustedes van a poder lograr todas las cosas que nosotros no pudimos. » In this country, you will achieve all the things we never could. Right now, thanks to all the leadership and the progress made in the last three years, it is now possible for our fellow Americans to accomplish everything the previous generations could not have done. Our children, including my four children, are becoming the most prosperous generation of Americans that ever lived. And in order to make sure this keeps going on, I am proud to announce I am running for a second term as President of the United States of America.

Thank you. Gracias. God bless you all and God bless the United States of America.

[Crowd loudly cheers, applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2017, 11:20:59 AM »

I agree.

David Duke
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2017, 01:24:37 PM »

I agree.

David Duke

As much I disagree, with the concept of David Duke, and would like to see a veto...at least he has run for public office before...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies