2020 Interactive Signup Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:53:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020 Interactive Signup Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2020 Interactive Signup Game Thread  (Read 20131 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 20, 2017, 11:03:07 PM »

OOC: I think we all know who I'm running as...

Columbus, Ohio, July 4, 2019

As a progressive, we have unfinished work to do! We need to fight for the rights of the average American instead of the uber-rich! And we need to protect our rights and our way of life, at home and abroad! I believe I am the best candidate to do this, which is why I am running for President of the United States!

OOC: NHI, other than O'Rourke, which Senate seats did Democrats pick up, and who won those seats (I assume they picked up Nevada and one or both Arizona seats, but some confirmation would be nice), and did they also lose any seats (such as North Dakota, Missouri, Indiana etc.) and if so, who won those seats?

Also, could we get a list of new members of the House? Is Nancy Pelosi now Speaker, or is another Democrat Speaker?

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 11:28:56 PM »

July 7, 2019. Madison, Wisconsin

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Baldwin 2020: Restoring America

OOC: I honestly thought you would run as Gabbard....
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 03:09:54 PM »

Does NHI have a veto on candidates...because I think he should use it here...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 01:24:37 PM »

The reason I picked Spencer was because a) he'd be a very interesting character in the game, b) it would see how the country is reacting to a Hispanic president, and c) he's eligible to run for President under the mandatory requirements of the Constitution. If not him, I will be picking somebody else on the very far-right.

Does NHI have a veto on candidates...because I think he should use it here...

I agree.

Please pick another candidate. Thanks.
David Duke

As much I disagree, with the concept of David Duke, and would like to see a veto...at least he has run for public office before...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 07:47:39 PM »

NHI, can you post the monthly economic figures such as unemployment rates, job creation, stock markets, GDP growth rates, and GINI during the Rubio administration.

Yes can do in my update

Also, which new Governors were elected in 2018 (especially in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada and other key primary/caucus states)?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 08:15:20 PM »

I'm Sherrod Brown...sorry.

If you want to play as a serious Democrat... I recommend someone like Kamala Harris or Kirsten Gillibrand.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 10:15:30 PM »

President Rubio has announced his campaign for reelection. His agenda is in tatters; with few accomplishments to run on( save for a 1 T dollar tax cut and a partial Obamacare repeal) the president is betting on Americans giving he and the republicans a second chance.

The public is equally divided with 44% approving of the president, and 47% disapproving.

The president is also facing a contested fight for the primary. Congressman Justin Amash seems to be making a play for the conservative libertarian vote; and younger voters; while Governor Gregg Abbott is running as the conservative alternative; in part as a result to the attempted immigration reform pursued by Rubio and senate republicans.

Noted white suprmacist David duke has also thrown his hat into the ring. His candidacy has received a strong rebuke from both sides.

Current polling finds Rubio ahead with 70% support. Abbott is his closest rival; with a meager 14%.

Economic Analysts forecast a slight down in the economy. The last quarter’s growth was revised; the economy grew at 1.9%. This is the second straight quarter of a decline in economic growth

Unemployment currently stands at 5.8%. A slight downtick from last months 5.9%.
Jobs created: 2017-2019 1.1 M
Stock market reached 24,000 level in March 2018
Concerns over a meltdown. “Stocks continue to climb, it can only go down.” — Robert Reich

——-
On the Democratic Side a slightly smaller field than expected. Big names like Cory Booker and Andrew Cuomo and Kirsten Gillibrand took a pass on running.

Currently, Former Vice Presidential nominee and incumbent Ohio Senator sherrod Brown leads the pack with 21%. He is followed by California Senator Kamala Harris and Wisconsin Senator Tammy Baldwin. Both seem to be vying for the consensus candidate. Both are considered rising stars.

After the debacle of 2016 Democrats are eager to avoid a similar problem. Party Chair Keith Ellison has called for a “fair and transparent process”. Several democratic debates are planned throughout the primary process with the first taking place at the end of August.

Other democrats running are Virginia Senator Tim Kaine; who is looking to fill the establishment Lane; Bernie Sanders running mate and Congressman Tulsi Gabbard is also running for the nomination

Perennial democratic candidate and former congressman Dennis Kucinich announced his bid for the presidency; hoping to pick up the threads of Sanders candidacy.

Two wild card candidates are: Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards and Missouri Secretary of State Jason Kander. Kander a former senate candidacy has been a harsh critic of the republicans attempts at voter reform.

Bel Edwards campaign is an appeal to the white working class voter who broke for Rubio in 2016. Bel Edwards has also been critical of the Democrats focus on identity politics.

Brown: 21%
Harris: 17%
Baldwin: 14%
Kaine: 9%
Gabbard: 6%
Kucinich: 5%
Kander: 3%
Bel Edwards: 2%
Undecided: 23%
[/i]

PM for endorsements.
Round will last: 7/15/19 to 7/22/19.
Please have your schedules up by Thursday at 10;09 pm est

Wait, who's playing as Kucinich?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 10:54:18 PM »

Primary Dates
February 3, 2020 - IA
February 11, 2020 - NH
February 22, 2020 - SC gop / NV Dem
February 25 2020 - NV gop
February 29, 2020 - SC Dem
March 3, 2020 Super Tuesday
- AL
- AK
- CA
- CO
- GA
- IL
- MA
- MN
- OK
- ND
- TN
- TX
- VT
- VA

IA Caucus Poll:

- Rubio: 73% Abbott: 13% Amash: 3% Duke: <1%
- Brown: 18% Baldwin: 17% Harris: 15% Gabbard: 10% Kander: 6% Kaine: 4% Kucinich: 3% Edwards: 1%

NH Primary Poll:

- Rubio: 67% Amash: 8% Abbott: 6% Duke: <1%
- Brown: 15% Baldwin: 10% Harris: 8% Gabbard: 7% Kaine: 3% Kander: 2% Kucinich: 2% Bel Edwards: 1%

SC Primary Poll:

- Rubio: 72% Abbott: 11% Amash: 2% Duke: 1%
- Brown: 14% Harris: 14% Kaine: 9% Bel Edwards: 8% Kander: 3% Baldwin: 2% Kucinich: 1%

OOC: I must be nuts...but I think David Duke would be doing better in South Carolina. This is the state was first to leave the Union after Abraham Lincoln's election... Also, why is Rubio (and Brown) doing worse in New Hampshire as opposed to Iowa and South Carolina? Finally, you gave us Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina polls, why not Nevada?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 06:09:46 PM »

Schedule for Sherrod Brown-Getting off the ground

July 15, 2019
Speech in Winterset, Iowa

President Rubio, and his allies in Congress decided to repeal Obamacare recently. Now, I know that many of us wanted to replace Obamacare with something more universal, but to do the opposite and remove it altogether is malpractice at the highest level and is nothing short of criminal. How many Republican politicians didn't care that millions would lose health insurance, or be denied due to pre-existing conditions. How many Republican politicians didn't care that millions, many of them poor disadvantaged minorities, will die, because they, and their masters at the health insurance companies are chasing the almighty dollar?

Meet Voters in Chariton, Iowa

Meet Voters in Albia, Iowa

Meet Voters in Eddyville, Iowa

Speech in Ottumwa, Iowa

I like Jason Kander, and I think he has great promise, but a failed Senate candidacy doth not a President make. If I were him, I would run for Governor next year against Governor Greitens instead.

July 16, 2019

Meet Voters in Bloomfield, Iowa

Meet Voters in Keosequa, Iowa

Speech in Keokuk, Iowa

Senator Harris faced a tough decision back in 2013, when rich plutocrat banker Steven Mnuchin's OneWest Bank repeatedly broke foreclosure laws, and Harris would've had to prosecute him. Harris decided not to prosecute, and three years later, in 2016, Harris was the only Democrat running for election to receive a donation from Mnuchin. This is a clear example of pay-for play at it's finest, where Harris did Mnuchin a favor in declining to prosecute him, and then, when she ran for the Senate, he donated to her campaign. We don't need that in our President.

Speech in Fort Madison, Iowa

President Rubio ran on renegotiating or getting out of our various trade deals. It's been three years and we haven't successfully renegotiated or left any one of them. As President I will renegotiate deals like NAFTA and CAFTA, and outright leave deals like our deal with Oman, Jordan and Bahrain. In addition, I will not attempt to negotiate, or enter into any new trade agreements, other than the deals we already have.

Meet Voters in Sigourney, Iowa

July 17, 2019

Meet Voters in Bethune, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Mount Croghan, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Cheraw, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Dillon, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Latta, South Carolina

July 18, 2019

Meet Voters in Aynor, South Carolina

Speech at TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Governor Edwards is pro-life, which means he's anti-abortion. That's all fine and good, until you realize that at least 95% of our party supports a woman's right to an abortion. That means he's drastically out of step with what our party supports, and therefore simply cannot be our nominee.

Speech in Franklin, New Hampshire

Senator Kaine attacked me today on my record on agricultural issues. Well, I'll admit I did vote no on each of bills Senator Kaine is referring to, but I believed that there wasn't enough money in each bill. Senator Kaine, you and I both know that there wasn't enough money in any of that legislation.

July 19, 2019

Meet Voters in Chichester, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Northfield, New Hampshire

Senate Duties, Washington D.C

July 20/21, 2016

July 22, 2016

Meet Voters in Jacumba Hot Springs, California

Meet Voters in Westmorland, California

Meet Voters in Holtville, California
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 09:47:35 PM »

I know I'm new to NHI's game series and I'll defer to the GM on this, but I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the way Duke's campaign is playing out. I get we're playing characters and all, but the racial animus and barely censored racial epithets are a bit much.

Well, that's David Duke for you. Why don't you have Kander say something about it? Eventually Brown will...especially if Rubio, Abbott and Amash don't.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 10:44:32 PM »

You know, you don't have to copy UWS and do your schedule in multiple parts...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 01:28:03 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2017, 01:33:29 AM by NewYorkExpress »

NHI, can UWS unilaterally claim as many accomplishments as he has? It seems that no matter what happens, UWS is trying to engineer a Rubio landslide. It becomes pointless if he can get away with everything. At this point, why should any of the Democrats even continue when Rubio has all sorts of ridiculous accomplishments?

Agreed. There's no way Rubio has that many accomplishments.... However, I will point out that having Abu Bukar Al-Baghdadi killed is something he can order, just like Obama did with Osama Bin Laden.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 08:21:10 PM »

Official Statement from the Edwards Campaign
[/b]

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I chose someone I knew wouldn't have much of a shot because I knew my ability to commit time to this wasn't guaranteed. With finals and the like coming up I just don't have the time or energy to run an actual campaign anymore. My apologies for such an early exit, but regardless thank you for running this sim, and good luck to my fellow Dems running!

Though I know Brown won't get it...will Edwards be endorsing anyone?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 10:20:07 PM »

DUKE FOR PRESIDENT
Keep America Free

This Week's Schedule:
Mr. Duke, Servant of the Lord, spent his days in Rural South Carolina where he rallied his white brethren to his cause. He spoke across the state from Greenville to North Charleston and over forty-five towns; the majority of which had under one thousand white citizens. He held a rally in The French Quarter of New Orleans with Jean Marie Le Pen as well, which was attended by over five hundred folks. In total, the campaign opened five new offices this week: three in South Carolina, one in North Hampton, New Hampshire, and one in Dubuque, Iowa. Over six thousand people attended Duke events this past week!
OOC: Why would Jean-Marie Le Pen fly over from France and stump for an openly racist candidate in an American election? Le Pen is speculated by some to be racist, but he does not openly work for an organization such as the KKK. Also, what business does Le Pen have in America?

To be fair, Jean Marie Le Pen endorsing Duke makes perfect sense given what the National Front's platform is/was...as for what business he has in America, clearly it was to endorse Duke/stump for Duke.

Bendicaumus Domino...If you didn't check with NHI before the including Le Pen, do so next time.

P.S: Brown's schedule will be out tomorrow afternoon.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 11:30:42 PM »

DUKE FOR PRESIDENT
Keep America Free

This Week's Schedule:
Mr. Duke, Servant of the Lord, spent his days in Rural South Carolina where he rallied his white brethren to his cause. He spoke across the state from Greenville to North Charleston and over forty-five towns; the majority of which had under one thousand white citizens. He held a rally in The French Quarter of New Orleans with Jean Marie Le Pen as well, which was attended by over five hundred folks. In total, the campaign opened five new offices this week: three in South Carolina, one in North Hampton, New Hampshire, and one in Dubuque, Iowa. Over six thousand people attended Duke events this past week!
OOC: Why would Jean-Marie Le Pen fly over from France and stump for an openly racist candidate in an American election? Le Pen is speculated by some to be racist, but he does not openly work for an organization such as the KKK. Also, what business does Le Pen have in America?

To be fair, Jean Marie Le Pen endorsing Duke makes perfect sense given what the National Front's platform is/was...as for what business he has in America, clearly it was to endorse Duke/stump for Duke.

Bendicaumus Domino...If you didn't check with NHI before the including Le Pen, do so next time.

P.S: Brown's schedule will be out tomorrow afternoon.

OOC : Le Pen is not even an American citizen, so he can't vote here.

And actually, NewYorkExpress, this round ends tonight. Have you seen it at the beginning of this turn?

No I didn't... In which case, I need a two to four hour extension.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 11:41:27 PM »

Sherrod Brown schedule summary

Sherrod Brown spent most of the week focusing on his Senate duties, with his only campaign stops being in Manchester, New Hampshire (to unveil Elizabeth Warren's endorsement) and spending August 1 in Atlanta.

He also provided the voice for himself on The Simpsons in an episode where the 2016 Presidential Campaign went to Springfield (Elizabeth Warren also provided her own voice, while celebrity voices (who  shall remain nameless) provided the voices for Rubio and Pearcy). The episodes air date is currently unspecified, and likely will air after the 2020 campaign.

OOC: Sorry for the late and short schedule, I assumed the turn ended tomorrow. It won't happen again.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 11:42:42 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2017, 01:08:10 PM by NewYorkExpress »

I join Senator Baldwin on this filibuster because climate change has been occurring more and more quickly in recent years. President Rubio needs to understand this, especially as his home state will drown if we don't do something. As such, we will not give up the floor, and I will not resume my campaign until this pipeline bill is defeated, or President Rubio backs down.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 02:41:08 PM »

Hello everyone!

So this is official, NHI has agreed to transfer the responsibility of the moderation of this competitive game to me. I read the rules of the game so I guess we can start the next round now.

Smiley

Congratulations... You also need to read the 2016 game thread for background information.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 03:56:16 PM »

Yeah, this is horribly unfair to Democrats.

Unless you can commit to being less biased in your game management, Brown will withdraw as well.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 09:50:09 PM »

Breaking News, Part 2

Increase of the tensions between Washington and Moscow

The U.S. military operation that killed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in Syria has also brought, as a result, an increase of the diplomatic tensions between the United States and Russia since Syria is one of Russia's greatest allies. In fact, Vladimir Putin worries about the potential that his ally Bachar el-Assad would be toppled, which would deprive Russia of its economic and strategic interests in the Middle East.

OOC: This is a good sign of your potential as an unbiased moderator...though I wish you would elaborate more. As a result, Brown will stay in. A schedule will be out either Saturday or Sunday.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 04:19:38 PM »

Schedule for Sherrod Brown-Summer blues

August 2, 2019

Meet Voters in Alford, Iowa (With Tom Vilsack)

Speech at Coe College, Cedar Rapids, Iowa (With Elizabeth Warren)

Any Child who chooses to should be able should be able to go to the university of their choice tuition free, without having to take out a loan, which is why as President, I will direct the Department of Education to set aside money for a college tuition program for children who cannot afford to pay, with no strings attached It's like Pell Grants, only with more money then has ever been attached to them.

Meet Voters in Belle Plaine, Iowa

Meet Voters in Vinton, Iowa

Speech at the UNI-Dome, Cedar Falls, Iowa (With Elizabeth Warren)

While I applaud Senator Rubio for taking out Abu Bakr-Al Baghdadi, the fact is he's risking a nuclear war with Russia. If Vladimir Putin wants to retaliate, the first thing he will do is launch an ICBM equipped with a nuclear warhead at a major American city, like New York, Washington D.C, San Francisco or Los Angeles, and there's really no diplomacy on earth that can stop him. This catastrophe will be on your head, President Rubio, and yours alone.

Speech in Waterloo, Iowa

For too long Republicans have been targeting the arts, and public broadcasting. PBS and NPR have been on the target list of Republicans for years, many of whom would like to see them disappear. Well, as President I will fight to defend the arts, from Phantom of the Opera, to Elmo, expanding the National Endowment for the Arts, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting's budget and promoting American art abroad.

August 3, 2019

Meet Voters in Jesup, Iowa

Meet Voters in Fairbank, Iowa

Meet Voters in Charles City, Iowa

August 4 through 7

August 8 through 10

Iowa State Fair, Des Moines, Iowa

August 11, 2019

Meet Voters in Alstead, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

Meet Voters in Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

Meet Voters in Marlborough, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

Meet Voters in Walpole, New Hampshire (With Elizabeth Warren)

August 12, 2019

Meet Voters in Blue Diamond, Nevada (With Jackie Rosen)

Poker fundraiser at the Bellagio, Paradise, Nevada

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 10:29:18 PM »

Schedule for Harris camp- real progress

August 2, 2019

Meet Voters in Dubuque, Iowa (With Tom Harkin)

Barnstorm at Davenport, Iowa (With Tom Harkin)

It is just pathetic that Sherrod Brown accuses me of representing pay for play politics when he refuses to only take small money donations. Maybe you should put your money where your mouth is. We are run a campaign that is fair and valid, and you should too

Meet Voters in Waterloo, Iowa(With Tom Harkin)

Meet Voters in Keokuk, Iowa (With Tom Harkin)

Speech at the UNI-Dome, Cedar Falls, Iowa (With Tom Harkin)

Speech in Burlington, Iowa

August 3, 2019

Meet Voters in Jesup, Iowa

Meet Voters in Fairbank, Iowa

Meet Voters in West Des Moines, Iowa

August 4 through 7

August 8 through 10

South Carolina speech in Jasper county  (with Jim Clyburn, Fritz Hollings)

August 11, 2019

Meet Voters in Nashua, New Hampshire (With Jeanne Shaheen)

Meet Voters in Manchester, New Hampshire (With Jeanne Shaheen)

Meet Voters in Marlborough, New Hampshire (With Jeanne Shaheen)

Meet Voters in Walpole, New Hampshire (With Jeanne Shaheen)

August 12, 2019

Meet Voters in Reno, Nevada (With Catherine Cortez-Masto)

I don't recall endorsements for Harkin, Cortez Masto, Shaheen or Clyburn being announced anywhere by either Game Manager.

Also, Hollings would be 98 by this point. Odds are he'd be deceased, therefore he isn't a realistic endorsement.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 11:45:41 PM »

Yeah, I know I asked for a few as well...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2017, 02:06:29 PM »

OOC: Anyone else going to post or have they gotten their fill of posts for this round?

OOC: I'll have Brown's schedule up tonight or tomorrow.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »

Schedule for Sherrod Brown-Primary Colors, part one

August 13-16 2019

Attend Iowa State Fair, Des Moines, Iowa (Seriously, don't ask how many deep fried Oreo's/Twinkies/etc. Brown's eaten the past two turns)

August 17, 2019

Meet Voters in Hiram, Georgia

Meet Voters in Braswell, Georgia

Meet Voters in Aragon, Georgia

Meet Voters in Rockmart, Georgia

August 18, 2019

Meet Voters in Fairfax, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Allendale, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Bamberg, South Carolina

Speech at Smith-Hammond-Middleton Memorial Center, Orangeburg South Carolina

Despite electing America's first Black President eleven years ago, America's record on race is not good. We have black youth being shot by cops in the streets for the color of their skin. As President I will change this. My Justice Department will vigorously prosecute police shootings, and will remove the term "justified shooting" from the police lexicon. There are after all, other ways to take down armed criminals, like Tasers, and Mace.

August 19, 2016

Meet Voters in Lynchburg, Tennessee

Speech in Tullahoma, Tennessee

President Rubio chose to move our embassy in Israel to Jerusalem for political expediency, thus risking the first full scale war between Israel and her neighbors since 1973. While I agree that Jerusalem is the capital of a Jewish state, it makes no sense to inflame over a dozen governments in the region and risk tearing up peace agreements with Jordan and Egypt. 

Meet Voters in New Hope, Alabama

August 20-23

August 24, 2019

Meet Voters in Selma, Texas

Meet Voters in Santa Clara, Texas

Meet Voters in Selma, Texas

Meet Voters in Garden Ridge, Texas

August 25, 2019

Poker fundraiser at Hawaiian Gardens Casino, Hawaiian Gardens, California

August 26, 2016

Meet Voters in Villa Park, California