2020 Interactive Signup Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:18:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020 Interactive Signup Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Interactive Signup Game Thread  (Read 20138 times)
Goldeneye
Rookie
« on: November 21, 2017, 12:04:16 AM »
« edited: November 21, 2017, 12:16:33 AM by Goldeneye »

Richmond, Virginia

I'm running for president because I want to work with both parties, because I know that we need to put our differences aside and I did it both as Governor of Virginia and Senator and I'm ready to do it as president of the United States in order to make this society fair for all of us and to give diplomacy a chance.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 04:00:35 PM »

Does NHI have a veto on candidates...because I think he should use it here...

I agree.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 11:55:31 AM »
« Edited: December 08, 2017, 10:25:22 AM by Goldeneye »

Tim Kaine 2020 : Opportunity for All
Schedule from July 15-22, Part 1

July 15
-Organize national campaign committee

July 16
-Flight to Columbia, South Carolina
-Build campaign infrastructure in South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Columbia, South Carolina
-Veteran policy speech at Fort Jackson in Columbia, South Carolina
-Fundraising event at the Columbia Museum of Art in Columbia, South Carolina
-Education policy speech in Columbia, South Carolina
-Barnstorm in Lexington County, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Orangeburg, South Carolina
-Manufacturing policy speech in Orangeburg, South Carolina
-Anti-poverty policy speech in Orangeburg, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in North Charleston, South Carolina
-Minimum wage policy speech in North Charleston, South Carolina where Kaine pledges to raise the minimum wage to 15 $/hour
-Economic policy speech in North Charleston

July 17
-Meet with voters in Isle of Palms, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Charleston, South Carolina
-Gun control policy speech at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina :

As you know, I'm Senator of Virginia, the state where the Unite the Right rally, a far-right rally, has occurred in Charlottesville, Virginia on August 2017 when far-right militants protested the decision of Charlottesville City Council to order removal of Confederate monuments and memorials from public spaces. And then, a group of anti-protesters bravely confronted them and one them has cowardly been killed by vehicle-ramming attack orchestrated by these far-right protesters. While I commend President Rubio for condemning such a terrible event and such hate expressed by these adepts of Jason Kessler, there is still work to do to make this society totally fair for the entire African American community.

Right here, at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, we saw, 4 years ago, a mass shooting orchestrated by supremacist Dylan Roof who killed 9 African-Americans. This country deserves better than anger, hate and racism. I'm not campaigning to repeal the Second Amendment and to take away your guns. I just don't want you to be shot by someone who shouldn't have a gun in the first place. If there was stronger restrictions on access to firearms, we could have avoided such disasters like the one that occurred here in Charleston in 2015 because Dylan Roof would not have had access to guns. So when I'm president, we will establish stricter gun control in order to make sure we will avoid such massive shootings, including shootings committed for racial purposes. That way, every American of all origins will feel safe again in a society that will be fair again for them.

Thank you. God bless South Carolina and God bless the United States of America.

July 18
-Flight to Des Moines, Iowa
-Build campaign infrastructure in Iowa
-Meet with voters in Des Moines, Iowa
-Economic policy speech in Des Moines, Iowa
-Foreign policy speech in Des Moines, Iowa
-Agriculture policy speech in Des Moines, Iowa in an effort to attract farmers and rural voters :

Like my friend Senator Baldwin has said, Iowa is America's granary. In this campaign, the American people, including the people of Iowa deserves to know who is the best qualified to fight for our workers and for our farmers and to grow America's agricultural industry.

My friend, Senator Sherrod Brown has failed time and time again to stand for our farmers and rural people. In 1995, when he was Congressman, he voted against the Appropriations bill FY96 Agriculture bill that appropriated $53.04 billion to the Department of Agriculture, the Food and Drug Administration, and rural economic and community development programs for fiscal year 1996, provided $7.42 billion for agricultural programs, provided $34.17 billion for domestic food programs, including $27.6 billion to the Food Stamp program and $6.08 for nutrition programs for women and children, provided $4.24 billion to the Rural Housing and Community Development Service, provided $2.72 billion for conservation programs, including $1.86 billion for the Consolidated Farm Service Agency and provided $963.14 million to the Food and Drug Administration for salaries, buildings and facilities, and rental payments.

[Crowd boos]

Sherrod Brown also opposed the 2000 Agriculture Appropriations bill that appropriated $69 billion for Agriculture, rural development, and Food and Drug Administration. And he voted against the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 that increased direct and mandatory farm program by $73.5 billion and provided $1.1 billion to build, expand, and sustain foreign markets for US agricultural products. So he failed to support our farmers and our country's agricultural industry.

[Crowd boos]

Unlike Sherrod Brown, I will not let our farmers down. I will not let you down. As president, I will increase agricultural subsidies, including for our agricultural companies, which will make it easier for them to manufacture, to produce, to ensure their expansion, to reinforce their ability to provide food for all Iowans and for all Americans and to create jobs. That way, your living conditions will be improved through a better access to food and through the creation of good-paying jobs. That's why I'm asking for your vote and I hope you're ready to follow me in this campaign.

Thank you God bless our farmers, God bless Iowa and God bless America.

[Crowd cheers and applauds]

-Meet with voters in Ankeny, Iowa
-Social security policy speech in Ankeny, Iowa
-Tax policy speech in Ankeny, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Ankeny, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Ames, Iowa
-Agriculture policy speech in Ames, Iowa
-Manufacturing policy speech in Ames, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Iowa City, Iowa
-Meet with college voters at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa
-Health care policy speech at Mercy Hospital in Iowa City, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Coralville, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Davenport, Iowa
-Green energy policy speech in Davenport, Iowa
-Infrastructure policy speech in Davenport, Iowa

July 19
-Meet with voters in Eldridge, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Fair trade policy speech in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Town hall meeting with voters at the Paramount Theatre in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Fundraising event at Theatre Cedar Rapids in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Environmental policy speech in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Rally with voters at Veterans Memorial Stadium in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Northwood, Iowa   
-Barnstorm in the Winnebago County, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Sioux City, Iowa
-Agriculture policy speech in Sioux City, Iowa
-Manufacturing policy speech in Sioux City, Iowa
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 09:29:16 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2017, 09:31:55 PM by Goldeneye »

Schedule from July 15-22, Part 2

July 20
-Flight to Manchester, New Hampshire
-Build campaign infrastructure in New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Rally with voters at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Fair trade policy speech in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Concord, New Hampshire
-Wall Street reform policy speech in Concord, New Hampshire Sad

This campaign is about making this economy and our financial system fair for all Americans, including the middle class and lower income Americans. This is about standing to specia interests. But sadly, when he was Congressman, Sherrod Brown supported the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act that repealed Glass-Steagall in 1999, which helped contribute to the 2008 financial crisis that drastically hurt the economy, killed millions of jobs and opened up the banks to do whatever they want with the American people's money.

[Crowd boos]

If I were in the Congress at that time, I would have opposed the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act without any hesitation. As president, I will restore Glass-Steagall in order to make this economy fair again and to restore integrity in our financial system. That's how we're going to avoid another 2008.

[Crowd cheers]

-Meet with voters in Franklin, New Hampshire
-Green energy policy speech in Franklin, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Brentwood, New Hampshire
-Tax policy speech in Brentwood, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Derry, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Dover, New Hampshire

July 21-22
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 05:11:41 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2017, 05:16:20 PM by Goldeneye »

Tim Kaine's Campaign Ad

In an effort to attract progressive voters as well as voters who selected the economy and the environment as the most important issue, Tim Kaine's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad attacking Sherrod Brown for his past support to coal.

The ad titled « Clean Future » airs in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, Alaska, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont and Virginia.

« Clean Future » ad narration Sad

While Sherrod Brown claims to fight for clean energy and clean environment, his record tells a totally different story. Senator Brown is among the 4 Democratic Senators who voted against the Carbon Emissions Cap and Trade Plan of 2008. So Senator Brown supported coal and has decided to allow the continuation of pollution caused by coal.

Climate change is real. It is caused by human activity. How can Sherrod Brown be a progressive if he supported coal? He can't be trusted to ensure a clean environment.

Unlike Senator Brown, Tim Kaine will invest in renewable energies because our ecological interests are not different from our economic interests. He will establish a carbon emissions cap and trade law for the sake of both our environment and our economy. That way, we're going to create millions of good-paying jobs while capping carbon emissions, improving our ecological footprint and ensure a cleaner environment.

Tim Kaine, for a stronger economy through a clean energy agenda that will save the environment.

Tim Kaine : I'm Tim Kaine and I approve this message.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 11:40:27 AM »
« Edited: December 08, 2017, 11:46:54 AM by Goldeneye »

Schedule from July 23-August 1

July 23-25

July 26
-Flight to Atlanta, Georgia
-Build campaign infrastructure in Georgia
-Meet with voters in Atlanta, Georgia
-Foreign policy speech in Atlanta, Georgia Sad

Even though we are not from the same party and even though we disagree on a lot of issues, including on foreign policy issues, I give that credit to President Rubio for ordering the successful military operation that killed ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi yesterday. This is a great victory against ISIS and jihadism and I congratulate our brave men and women in uniform for their courage and their determination that helped to accomplish this mission for America's security. Now it is time for our land troops to come home. We're going to win the War on Terror.

-Meet with voters in Athens, Georgia
-Economic fairness policy speech in Athens, Georgia where Senator Kaine focusses on anti-poverty
-Gun rights in Athens, Georgia

July 27
-Flight to San Francisco, California
-Fundraising events in San Francisco, California
-Same-sex marriage policy in San Francisco, California

July 28
-Flight to Dubuque, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Dubuque, Iowa
-Agriculture policy speech in Dubuque, Iowa
-Manufacturing policy speech in Dubuque, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Davenport, Iowa
-Rally with voters at Modern Woodmen Park in Davenport, Iowa Sad

Our next nominee needs to be different from President Rubio on issues. Otherwise, most progressives will either stay home instead of going to to the polls or vote for a third-party candidate who will be more progressive like what happened in 2016. That's why Elizabeth Warren, while I respect her, has not succeeded in connecting with progressive voters who voted for the Sanders/Gabbard ticket, thus dividing our party and handing a victory to Marco Rubio.

But sadly, my colleague Jason Kander is too close to President Rubio when it comes to terrorism. They both oppose closing the U.S. military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, where there are still people who are tortured. Taxpayers are paying millions of dollars every year for the maintainance of this controversial base. And yet, Kander opposed Barack Obama's plan to close Guantanamo Bay after he voted in favor of it in the Missouri Legislature in 2009.

[Crowd boos]

So I guess he shifted his position because he hoped that it would make him able to win a senate race in a red state like Missouri, but it has not been enough to defeat Roy Blunt. I think Kander is debating with himself. We don't need a Democratic version of Mitt Romney.

For me it's absolutely clear. If I'm President, I will close Guantanamo Bay in order to make our country safe and to restore integrity.

[Crowd applauds]

-Meet with voters in North English, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Red Oak, Iowa
-Fair trade policy speech in Des Moines, Iowa

July 29
-Flight to Chicago, Illinois
-Build campaign infrastructure in Illinois
-Meet with voters in Chicago, Illinois
-Economic policy speech in Chicago, Illinois
-Immigration policy speech in Chicago, Illinois
-Fair trade policy speech in Chicago, Illinois where Kaine focuses on manufacturing industry
-Foreign policy speech in Chicago, Illinois
-Meet with voters in Springfield, Illinois
-Green energy policy speech in Springfield, Illinois where Kaine speaks out against the construction of the Alaska-Texas pipeline

July 30
-Flight to Concord, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Concord, New Hampshire
-Green energy policy speech in Concord, New Hampshire where Kaine pledges to establish a carbon tax for the sake of the environment
-Infrastructure policy speech in Concord, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Speech in Manchester, New Hampshire

We must not let the polls dictate the issue of this primary race. Like we can see, Sherrod Brown is leading the Democratic field. While I have respect for Senator Brown I don't think he's the best qualified to face President Rubio next year. Here's why I say so : Senator Brown is unelectable. He can't win.

As we know, Senator Brown was Elizabeth Warren's running mate and he lost the 2016 presidential election along with Senator Warren in a landslide. And despite being from Ohio, the most crucial battleground state that has always voted for the winner of every presidential election since 1964, Senator Brown has not even been able to carry his own home state of Ohio to Sentor Warren since Rubio has narrowly won Ohio in 2016.

And how can progressives trust Senator Brown if he voted against the Carbon Emissions Cap and Trade Plan of 2008, supported the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999 that abolished Glass-Steagall and caused the 2008 financial crisis and supported the Secure Fence Act of 2006 that authorized the construction of an additional 700 miles of double-layered fencing between the U.S and Mexico, thus making it more difficult for immigrants to earn American citizenship?

[Crowd boos]

This is not progressive at all. But if I'm the nominee, I will be the most progressive Democratic nominee since Franklin D. Roosevelt. I will fight to establish a carbon tax, to restore Glass-Steagall and to make our immigration system fair. That's how we're going to keep our party united and succeed our way to the White House.

-Meet with voters in New Boston, New Hampshire
-Meet with voters in Lebanon, New Hampshire

July 31
-Flight to Dallas, Texas
-Build campaign infrastructure in Texas
-Meet with voters in Dallas, Texas
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Dallas, Texas
-Immigration policy speech in Dallas, Texas
-Meet with voters in Austin, Texas
-Renewable energy policy speech in Austin, Texas
-Fundraising event in Austin, Texas
-Meet with voters in Houston, Texas
-Foreign policy speech in Houston, Texas
-Meet with voters in San Antonio, Texas
-Trade policy speech in San Antonio, Texas

August 1
-Flight to New Orleans, Louisiana
-Build campaign infrastructure in Louisiana
-Meet with voters in New Orleans, Louisiana
-Rally with voters at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana where Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards announces his endorsement to Tim Kaine
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 09:45:21 PM »

I think I will need a 60 minute extension.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 10:45:57 PM »

Tim Kaine's Campaign Schedule Summary

From August 1 to August 5 2019, Tim Kaine spent his time in his Senate duties in Washington D.C. From August 6 to August 12 2019, he campaigned in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Texas, Illinois, Alabama and Minnesota, focusing on gun control, Wall Street reform, green energy, on smart power when it comes to foreign policy and on explaining why he is the best qualified to defend progressive values as the Democratic presidential nominee.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 09:12:52 PM »

Schedule from August 13-August 26

August 13
-Flight to North English, Iowa
-Meet with voters in North English, Iowa
-Agriculture policy speech in North English, Iowa
-Manufacturing policy speech in Ames, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Sioux City, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Lake View, Iowa
-Economic policy speech in Des Moines, Iowa

August 14-17
-Participates at the Iowa State Fair

August 18-21
-Flight to Washington D.C.
-Vote YEA on the Path to Victory and Peace Act

August 22
-Flight to Columbia, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Columbia, South Carolina
-Foreign policy speech in Columbia, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Winnsboro, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Greenville, South Carolina
-Town hall meeting with voters at the Peace Center in Greenville, South Carolina
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Greenville, South Carolina
-Fair trade policy speech in Greenville, South Carolina
-Gun policy speech in Greenville, South Carolina
-Meet with voters in Anderson, South Carolina
-Anti-poverty policy speech in Anderson, South Carolina

August 23
-Flight to Chicago, Illinois
-Meet with voters in Chicago, Illinois
-Foreign policy speech in Chicago, Illinois
-Immigration policy speech in Chicago, Illinois
-Manufacturing policy speech in Chicago, Illinois
-Rally with voters at Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois

While I have respect for Senator Baldwin, there is one thing disapointing about her. Recently, in the last few days, she missed several major Senate votes and as a result she is about to have the worst vote attendance and thus she is missing several opportunities to take position on important issues that are facing our nation. But thanks to my experience and proven leadership, we can turn this country around, make this economy fair for all Americans, including poor people, restore peace in the world thanks to a smart foreign policy. That's why I hope you'll follow me.

-Meet with voters in Joliet, Illinois
-Infrastructure policy speech in Joliet, Illinois
-Meet with voters in Watseka, Illinois
-Meet with voters in Shelbyville, Illinois
-Meet with voters in Carlinville, Illinois
-Barnstorm in Greene County, Illinois

August 24
-Flight to El Paso, Texas
-Meet with voters in El Paso, Texas
-Green energy policy speech in El Paso, Texas
-Trade policy speech in El Paso, Texas
-Economic policy speech at Helen of Troy Limited headquarters in El Paso, Texas
-Meet with voters in San Antonio, Texas
-Foreign policy speech in San Antonio, Texas
-Immigration policy speech in San Antonio, Texas Sad

We can't afford to let immigrants in the throes of poverty and violence. And yet, there are still immigrants waiting in line for too long, including here in Texas, a state that is in the front line of the illegal immigration issue. And yet my colleague Sherrod Brown voted the Secure Fence Act of 2006 that authorized the construction of an additional 700 miles of double-layered fencing between the U.S and Mexico, thus making it more difficult for immigrants to earn American citizenship.

[Crowd boos]

If I'm president, we will give amnesty to all immigrants, including illegal immigrants, which will accelerate our economy by bringing more workforce and more workers and give immigrants across this nation a fair chance to live the American Dream here on the land of opportunity.

-Meet with voters in Austin, Texas
-Infrastructure policy speech in Austin, Texas
-Education policy speech in Austin, Texas
-Meet with voters in Corpus Christi, Texas

August 25
-Campaign in Nevada

August 26
-Campaign in Alabama
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 09:41:36 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2017, 10:07:24 PM by Goldeneye »

Tim Kaine's Campaign Ad

In an effort to attract progressive voters, Tim Kaine's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad attacking Sherrod Brown on his past support to coal and on his support to repealing Glass Steagall in order to describe him as an unelectable candidate.

The ad titled « Real Progressive » airs in all the 50 states.

« Real Progressive » ad narration Sad

Narrator : Here is why Sherrod Brown can't lead us our party to victory. He is not a real progressive. He's unelectable. He just can't win.

As the 2016 Democratic vice-presidential nominee, he lost along with Elizabeth Warren in a landslide. Despite being from Ohio, the most crucial battleground state that has always voted for the winner of every presidential election since 1964, Senator Brown has not even been able to deliver his own home state of Ohio to Senator Warren since Marco Rubio has narrowly won Ohio in 2016.

How can Sherrod Brown bring progressives together if he opposed the Carbon Emissions Cap and Trade Plan of 2008 even though coal is extremely polluting?

How can Sherrod Brown bring progressives together if he supported the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999 that abolished Glass-Steagall, thus deregulating big banks, allowing them to dominate and causing the worst financial recession since the Great Depression in 2008?

This is not progressive at all. With Sherrod Brown as the nominee, President Rubio will get a second term.

Unlike Sherrod Brown, Tim Kaine will fight to establish a carbon tax for the sake of a clean environment and of the promotion of the development of renewable energies. Tim Kaine will fight to restore Glass-Steagall in order to restore integrity in our financial system and to make it fair for all Americans of all classes.

Tim Kaine, the real progressive who can defend progressive values and ensure our success in our road to the White House.

Tim Kaine : I'm Tim Kaine and I approve this message.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 03:34:25 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2017, 03:36:27 PM by Goldeneye »

Tim Kaine's campaign summary : August 27-September 2 2019

Throughout the week, Senator Kaine campaigned in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, California and in all the Super Tuesday southern states such as Texas, Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee, where he hopes to mobilize his party's moderate wing. He focuses on issues such as Wall Street reform, promotion of the defense of same-sex marriage, green energy, higher minimum wage and the promotion of a foreign policy based on smart power. He also made debate preparations. He arrives in Raleigh, North Carolina on September 2 to participate at the first Democratic presidential debate with his rivals Senator Tammy Baldwin, Senator Kamala Harris and Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 04:19:10 PM »

Tim Kaine's campaign summary : September 3-September 9 2019

After spending 2 days focusing on his senate duties in Washington D.C., Senator Kaine focused his campaign efforts mostly on Midwestern states such as Ohio, Michigan and Minnesota where he hopes to win among progressive populist voters by promoting fair trade. He also campaigned in Iowa where he talks issues such as green energy and agriculture.
Goldeneye
Rookie
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 02:26:13 PM »

Tim Kaine's campaign schedule summary from September 10th-September 16th

On September 11, Senator Kaine attended the 18th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks in New York City. He also focused most of the week in great states like California, Texas, Illinois, New York and Pennsylvania where he called for amnesty for all immigrants. While campaigning in Iowa and New Hampshire, his message focused mostly on infrastructure as well as on green and renewable energy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies