Dems Taking the House? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:15:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Dems Taking the House? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dems Taking the House?  (Read 24985 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: May 01, 2004, 12:29:52 PM »

I don't see any of the NC or SC seats being won, SC and western NC are now heavily Republican even in voter registration, SC was once the most Democratic state in the country but it's already made the transistion, the Republicans completely control the legislature, governor's mansion, most state offices and voter registration, and the area of western NC/eastern TN has alwasy been Republican, even back in the "solid south" days. So don't count on any Blue Dogs there. Besides, the districts are so far to the right, I don't see them accepting any Democrat, no matter how moderate, it's like saying a moderate Republican could win MN-5, I mean SC-4 is the home of Bob Jones University!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 03:08:43 PM »

what I heard happened was this: The Republicans put him up against Gekas figuring the fact it was a Republican district and Gekas had been around forever would lead to easy victory. However Holden had won in the past in Republican districts and knew how to run a good campaign. Gekas had never had a serious challenge for a long time and didn't know how to. Gekas basically just sat around and assumed he'd win. Holden ran a much better campaign and put an end to Gekas.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 06:02:52 PM »

well if Brown wins, then hopefully Torsella can take her out in 2006.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 08:48:57 PM »

I'd still lean this seat toward Schwartz, just because Kerry will win by a wide margin, so Brown can't campaign the way pretty much all Republicans do, by basically saying they're a total rubber stamp for Bush's agenda. Gore got 56%, Kerry could easily top 60%
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2004, 09:52:08 PM »

You're comparing a landslide victory year to one where the Democrats won a plurality. In 1972 Nixon won it by 11 points over his national results, Bush did it with 9 points over, a barely discernable difference.

Besides the district in question is upstate which is very Republican, the downstate is where the Democrats can do well and why they can win statewide races, that's why Tenenbaum can win, however it's very unlikely she would win in SC-4, even if she wasn't facing DeMint.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies