Trump Voter: If Jesus said Trump was with Russia, I wouldn’t believe Him
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:19:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Voter: If Jesus said Trump was with Russia, I wouldn’t believe Him
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Trump Voter: If Jesus said Trump was with Russia, I wouldn’t believe Him  (Read 1917 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2017, 09:11:09 PM »

Goes to Hell? Why, my dear Angry_Weasel, just take a look around you - this is Hell.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2017, 09:45:17 PM »

Peak Trumpism: Believing Trump is above Jesus.

These people are insane and should not be voting.

Why should I be voting then?  After all I voted for Trump.

Please, tell me.  Should I not be voting.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2017, 09:51:36 PM »

Trump voters proudly display their brain damage....what else is new?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2017, 09:55:12 PM »

Peak Trumpism: Believing Trump is above Jesus.

These people are insane and should not be voting.

Why should I be voting then?  After all I voted for Trump.

Please, tell me.  Should I not be voting.

I think it's clear they weren't talking about actual Christians like you. It's the fake hypocrites

Is a fake hypocrite actually sincere?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2017, 10:13:35 PM »

Some dude.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2017, 11:01:50 PM »

me normally

me currently
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2017, 11:19:18 PM »

I mean, dont 1 in 4 americans think 9/11 was a government conspiracy?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2017, 11:37:00 PM »

Sounds like you are talking about Roy Moore.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2017, 12:29:32 AM »

I mean, dont 1 in 4 americans think 9/11 was a government conspiracy?

9/11 was definitely an inside job
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2017, 03:23:10 AM »

Sounds like you are talking about Roy Moore.
Great idea for a meme. Jsia.

"Between this, all the inbred hillbillies and "cossacks", and all the sodomy and groping scandals, there just aren't hedgeclippers in the world."
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2017, 06:57:59 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

While I voted for Trump, I never asked anyone else to.  I do agree with Erick Erickson in this article on the aspect of the effect Trump has had on the Body of Christ.  I've seen it.  Trump's not likely a Believer, and his sins are what they are.

To vote for Trump in the privacy of the voting booth is one thing.  To endorse voting for him to the point of asking others to vote for him is another thing.  But Trump is not a God.  I trust Jesus to bring revival and moral renewal to America.  It's not inaccurate to say that Trump (along with Hillary, but in a different way) is part of the problem here.  Trump was, IMO, a better choice than Hillary in 2016, but I'm not going to pretend that he's a model of Christian virtue or God's anointed candidate.  It is withing the permissive will of God to vote for Donald Trump (or for Hillary Clinton, for that matter), but Trump needs Jesus as much as I do, and he probably needs a Pastor he'll listen to that won't lie to him or be awestruck by Trump's celebrity.  And any Christian who'd trust Trump over Jesus is, frankly, no longer a Christian; they fall into the category of "twice dead" as per the book of Jude.  "He who, having set his hand to the plow, looking back, is not fit for the Kingdom of God."  Looking at Trump and not Jesus is looking back.

There is literally no conceivable way that I, as a Christian, could vote for Trump.  He is the antithesis of every one of Jesus’s teachings. Not only that, but he’s the antithesis of what it means to be an American. Evangelicals didn’t vote on their beliefs and morals in 2016; they voted the way they did based on an illogical and unfounded fear and hatred of Hillary Clinton and Democrats in general.

You can make the argument that Hillary was not an ideal choice either for a Christian voter; and that neither of them may actually be Christians themselves. But you had one candidate who consistently showed himself to be anti Christian (in words and action) and another candidate who displayed at least some aspects of Christian behavior (in words and action). Regardless of party and ideology, why would you, as a Christian, pick the candidate who displayed no aspects of Christianity and had a constant disregard for the teachings of Jesus Christ?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2017, 07:07:04 AM »

These people are CINOs, Christians In Name Only. They are racists, bigots and misogynists who use their own distorted interpretation of the bible to rationalize their fear and hatred for those who  don't look like them or disagree with their far-right ideology.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2017, 08:07:23 AM »

While I voted for Trump, I never asked anyone else to.  I do agree with Erick Erickson in this article on the aspect of the effect Trump has had on the Body of Christ.  I've seen it.  Trump's not likely a Believer, and his sins are what they are.

To vote for Trump in the privacy of the voting booth is one thing.  To endorse voting for him to the point of asking others to vote for him is another thing.  But Trump is not a God.  I trust Jesus to bring revival and moral renewal to America.  It's not inaccurate to say that Trump (along with Hillary, but in a different way) is part of the problem here.  Trump was, IMO, a better choice than Hillary in 2016, but I'm not going to pretend that he's a model of Christian virtue or God's anointed candidate.  It is withing the permissive will of God to vote for Donald Trump (or for Hillary Clinton, for that matter), but Trump needs Jesus as much as I do, and he probably needs a Pastor he'll listen to that won't lie to him or be awestruck by Trump's celebrity.  And any Christian who'd trust Trump over Jesus is, frankly, no longer a Christian; they fall into the category of "twice dead" as per the book of Jude.  "He who, having set his hand to the plow, looking back, is not fit for the Kingdom of God."  Looking at Trump and not Jesus is looking back.

There is literally no conceivable way that I, as a Christian, could vote for Trump.  He is the antithesis of every one of Jesus’s teachings. Not only that, but he’s the antithesis of what it means to be an American. Evangelicals didn’t vote on their beliefs and morals in 2016; they voted the way they did based on an illogical and unfounded fear and hatred of Hillary Clinton and Democrats in general.

You can make the argument that Hillary was not an ideal choice either for a Christian voter; and that neither of them may actually be Christians themselves. But you had one candidate who consistently showed himself to be anti Christian (in words and action) and another candidate who displayed at least some aspects of Christian behavior (in words and action). Regardless of party and ideology, why would you, as a Christian, pick the candidate who displayed no aspects of Christianity and had a constant disregard for the teachings of Jesus Christ?

Because popular ethnic "Evangelical " Christianity isn't Christianity?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2017, 10:57:18 AM »

It's true, sadly.

These are the people voting for someone who is anti-Christian (Trump).  These are the same people who wore "Trump that bitch" t-shirts, and who chanted "lock her up!" all the while ignoring people on their side who did the exact same things and worse.  These are the people getting butthurt over statues memorializing traitors to the nation, and praising what those traitors stood for.  These are the people willing to vote for a pedophile simply for the fact that he's not a Democrat.  These are the same people who think "grab em by the pussy" is just locker room talk.

These people cause real Christians to get a bad rap.  They believe Christians are being persecuted; yet in many places where Christian persecution exists (it's rarer than they believe, but it does exist), they would rather bar travel for their brothers and sisters in Christ to safer countries.

Trump could declare himself God and they would worship him as such, and find new ways to incorporate him into their religion as though he's always been apart of it, because he's a deity.  They are deranged.  They are insane.  They are not patriotic.  They are not Christians.  They will be the downfall of us all if we don't do a better job of weeding them out with our votes.

Hillary Clinton is a lot of things, and she was a horrible candidate.  But we would not be discussing things so crude and irreligious as "if Jesus came down from the cross and said ___, I would have to ask the president first."  We would not be on the brink of nuclear war.  We would not be barring travel to those in need.  She is far more Christian in her policies than Trump is, and even non-Christians can see that.

I say if you voted for Trump, and claim you are a Christian, you are either not, or you are extremely careless with your beliefs, your morals, and your politics.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2017, 11:35:04 AM »

It's true, sadly.

These are the people voting for someone who is anti-Christian (Trump).  These are the same people who wore "Trump that bitch" t-shirts, and who chanted "lock her up!" all the while ignoring people on their side who did the exact same things and worse.  These are the people getting butthurt over statues memorializing traitors to the nation, and praising what those traitors stood for.  These are the people willing to vote for a pedophile simply for the fact that he's not a Democrat.  These are the same people who think "grab em by the pussy" is just locker room talk.

These people cause real Christians to get a bad rap.  They believe Christians are being persecuted; yet in many places where Christian persecution exists (it's rarer than they believe, but it does exist), they would rather bar travel for their brothers and sisters in Christ to safer countries.

Trump could declare himself God and they would worship him as such, and find new ways to incorporate him into their religion as though he's always been apart of it, because he's a deity.  They are deranged.  They are insane.  They are not patriotic.  They are not Christians.  They will be the downfall of us all if we don't do a better job of weeding them out with our votes.

Hillary Clinton is a lot of things, and she was a horrible candidate.  But we would not be discussing things so crude and irreligious as "if Jesus came down from the cross and said ___, I would have to ask the president first."  We would not be on the brink of nuclear war.  We would not be barring travel to those in need.  She is far more Christian in her policies than Trump is, and even non-Christians can see that.

I say if you voted for Trump, and claim you are a Christian, you are either not, or you are extremely careless with your beliefs, your morals, and your politics.
Well said.  Even so, the Christian thing to do is to love your enemy, empathize with them, understand why they do what they do, minister to them kindly and compassionately, and barring all that...turn the other cheek.  Easier said than done.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2017, 11:42:01 AM »

More seriously, it is one guy saying crazy things. CNN probably tried pretty hard to find someone who would literally say that he would not believe Jesus Christ if he walked off the cross in front of him.

Have to agree with this ... it's like when that guy on Fox News walks around New York City and finds the absolute dumbest people you have ever seen.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2017, 03:01:28 PM »

This is blasphemous and she is putting her Salvation at risk.
DFL

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2017, 03:10:16 PM »

More seriously, it is one guy saying crazy things. CNN probably tried pretty hard to find someone who would literally say that he would not believe Jesus Christ if he walked off the cross in front of him.

Have to agree with this ... it's like when that guy on Fox News walks around New York City and finds the absolute dumbest people you have ever seen.

All for headlines and sensationalizing.

I'd be interested in how many people hold even relatively similar views, however.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2017, 03:41:18 PM »

This is blasphemous and she is putting her Salvation at risk.

Mhm.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2017, 06:59:58 PM »

A person turns politics or a politician into their god. Hardly news. She might be the only one honest enough to say it, but she's not the only one in America right now who bases religious views on political expediency.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2017, 11:46:52 AM »

It's true, sadly.

“Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?” - James 4:12

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2017, 12:30:25 PM »

It's true, sadly.

“Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?” - James 4:12

Absolutely.

And I have to work on that.

The Bible also has several verses about correcting your brother if he does wrong. Supporting Trump is going against the faith itself.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2017, 12:47:40 PM »

It's true, sadly.

Absolutely.

The Bible also has several verses about correcting your brother if he does wrong. Supporting Trump is going against the faith itself.

What does this even mean?  You can argue supporting Trump is a sin, but unless you believe that to be a Christian one must be without sin, this statement makes no sense.  If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9).  Justification is by faith alone, and you can't lose your salvation by your sin.  Criticize Trump all you want, but when you make categorical statements about millions of people based on their vote that they will go to hell, it seems awfully presumptuous. 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2017, 02:13:07 PM »

It's true, sadly.

Absolutely.

What does this even mean?  You can argue supporting Trump is a sin, but unless you believe that to be a Christian one must be without sin, this statement makes no sense.  If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9).  Justification is by faith alone, and you can't lose your salvation by your sin.  Criticize Trump all you want, but when you make categorical statements about millions of people based on their vote that they will go to hell, it seems awfully presumptuous. 

The underlined is the basis of Christianity; the doctrine on which the Church stands or falls.

Is supporting Hillary Clinton "going against the faith itself"?  Hillary Clinton (and the whole of the Democratic Party, for that matter) have endorsed same-sex marriage, which is NOT endorsed by Scripture.  (Indeed, the words of Christ, Himself, define marriage as a union of a man and a woman.)  Does the advocacy of abortion on demand not go against the Faith, Itself?  Hillary Clinton's campaign high command discussed the possibility of infiltrating the Catholic Church with liberals for the purpose of making their doctrines more progressive-friendly; is that not "going against the faith itself"?

To paraphrase Erick Erickson in his essay Reconsidering My Opposition To Trump, I would suggest that Donald Trump is, in many ways, Un-Christian, but Hillary Clinton is, decidedly, Anti-Christian.  Donald Trump often honors standards of Christian conduct in the breach, and not in the observance, but Hillary Clinton wishes to actively impose secular morality, irregardless of Scripture  I do believe that, in this past election, voting for either candidate was less than ideal, but each within the PERMISSIVE Will of God.  How one can say, however, that voting for Donald Trump "goes against the Faith itself" given the Un-Biblical nature of what Hillary advocates is, I must confess, somewhat beyond me.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2017, 02:31:04 PM »

Yuou think we would have a Rwanda if something happened to Trump?

"Have a Rwanda" in the sense of massive civil war and genocide, or in the sense of the US goverment ignoring it and casually going about their business as if nothing was happening?

Either way, the answer is probably yes.

Hell, once Trump reaches the normal two-term limit, we'll probably have a civil war.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies