Poll: 60% of U.S. women voters say they have been sexually harassed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:15:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll: 60% of U.S. women voters say they have been sexually harassed
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poll: 60% of U.S. women voters say they have been sexually harassed  (Read 697 times)
BoAtlantis

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 22, 2017, 10:23:16 AM »

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2502

67% of Americans, roughly similar across the parties, have experienced harassment at work.
51% of Democrats say they have experienced it on the street.
28% of Republicans say they have experienced it on the street.

This may just be due to the difference of urban/rural setting, or that Democrats are more likely to think cat calls or the likes are harassment?

Voters want Trump out 61-33 if it is proven true that he sexually harassed them.
Voters want Moore expelled 60-28, if he wins.

35. If a political candidate has been accused of sexual harassment by multiple women, would you still consider voting for them if you agreed with them on the issues, or would you definitely not vote for them?

Tot       Rep    Dem     Ind     Men    Wom     
Consider voting         27%    43%    12%    28%    34%    20%   
Definitely not vote     62%    41%   81%    61%    53%    70%       
DK/NA                      11%    16%     6%     11%    13%    10%       

This was empirically proven. Why lie about it?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 10:45:31 AM »

I'm a guy, and I've been sexually harassed at the workplace.

It feels weird when your co-worker constantly talks about wanting to see you dick and screw you.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 11:06:54 AM »

60% seems low, frankly.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 11:09:33 AM »

Why is this broken down by party?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 11:11:05 AM »

It feels weird when your co-worker constantly talks about wanting to see you dick and screw you.

I spent years working in bars and clubs and had the same experience as you. Every day I'd get harrased by women but that isn't even considered a thing.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 12:52:30 PM »

This may just be due to the difference of urban/rural setting, or that Democrats are more likely to think cat calls or the likes are harassment?

I'd assume there's also a generational component, as Dems tend to be younger.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 12:54:46 PM »

Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 01:53:23 PM »

elcorazon

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 03:54:27 PM »

60% is pretty low. Probably because many women blame themselves/don't feel questionable behavior rises to the level of harrassment, would be my guess.

As far as the street thing, perhaps as dems are in more urban areas, they walk down streets with more strangers more often so therefore they get hooted at more.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 04:09:53 PM »

I spent years working in bars and clubs and had the same experience as you. Every day I'd get harrased by women but that isn't even considered a thing.

Men are less afraid of harassment than women in part because the harassment doesn't come with any implicit thread of violence or (often) any power imbalance.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 05:28:07 PM »

I'd like to see a poll where men are asked if they like the attention or do they dislike it and consider it sexual harassment. I know guys who would love to be "sexually harassed," but I believe that most women do not want the attention.

Just my opinion.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 06:41:16 PM »

Men are less afraid of harassment than women in part because the harassment doesn't come with any implicit thread of violence or (often) any power imbalance.

Son...I get what your saying but a day in the life of me was having women lunging toward my cock, try to drunkenly kiss me, give me massages, lunge at my cheek to kiss,etc...

I'm not complaining but Jesus Christ if a man did any of those things...it's a whole different ballgame. Didn't help this was in a wealthy part of NYC where people felt "entitled to me"
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 06:47:49 PM »

Son...I get what your saying but a day in the life of me was having women lunging toward my cock, try to drunkenly kiss me, give me massages, lunge at my cheek to kiss,etc...

I'm not complaining but Jesus Christ if a man did any of those things...it's a whole different ballgame. Didn't help this was in a wealthy part of NYC where people felt "entitled to me"

Sexual violence is part of it, but honestly I doubt you were ever in danger of being murdered by any woman that you ignored. A woman who gets cat-called, groped, etc. has no such guarantee.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 06:50:56 PM »

Sexual violence is part of it, but honestly I doubt you were ever in danger of being murdered by any woman that you ignored. A woman who gets cat-called, groped, etc. has no such guarantee.

Well you do have a point I must say
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 11:30:38 PM »

Sexual harassment towards males tends to be from other males from what I've read (and experienced), and it often falls under the same dynamic as male aggression towards women. i.e. Aggressive, powerful partners (whether they have power through literal strength or through status) sexually abusing junior partners e.g. Spacey, prison rape scenarios, the congressional page system, weirdo hazing rituals towards freshmen.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 02:59:10 PM »

Re: violence, I’ll grant you that point for sure, but note the cases of female teachers having sex with their male students (though I’m sure it happens to girls as well). There’s certainly an unequal power dynamic there. Of course, it doesn’t help that a lot of people trivialize those cases or even laugh about 13-year olds getting some from their teachers.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 12:25:57 PM »

Sexual harassment towards males tends to be from other males from what I've read (and experienced), and it often falls under the same dynamic as male aggression towards women. i.e. Aggressive, powerful partners (whether they have power through literal strength or through status) sexually abusing junior partners e.g. Spacey, prison rape scenarios, the congressional page system, weirdo hazing rituals towards freshmen.
I’d say the most prominent example of this is Travolta.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 05:02:36 PM »

I love how this thread basically turned into apologism for women groping men.......
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2017, 05:05:19 PM »

I'd like to see a poll where men are asked if they like the attention or do they dislike it and consider it sexual harassment. I know guys who would love to be "sexually harassed," but I believe that most women do not want the attention.

Just my opinion.

I hate unwanted sexual attention from women. Honestly maybe I'm gay but I've got unwanted sexual attention from women before (verbally, not physically) and it makes me wish I was dead.

I swear to God if anyone ever lays a hand on me in public when I don't want them to, I'll press charges.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies