Be thankful for what Trump has done for you!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:46:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Be thankful for what Trump has done for you!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Be thankful for what Trump has done for you!  (Read 1427 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2017, 12:04:30 PM »

Our lovely President has taken the time to make sure we are all thankful for him taking credit for Obama's work.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/933658521828315136?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 12:12:34 PM »

At what point do we stop attributing an economy to a President's predecessor? If the economy crashed by the end of the year, would that be Obama's crashed economy or Trump's?

In my opinion, the economy doesn't entirely belong to any single President because it's far too complex for that. Sure, radical policy choices, war, or issues abroad may significantly influence it, but so far Trump has, aside from cutting some regulations, maintained the same economy Obama helped to create and manage - for better or worse.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 12:19:11 PM »

At what point do we stop attributing an economy to a President's predecessor? If the economy crashed by the end of the year, would that be Obama's crashed economy or Trump's?

A few months ago, when the unemployment rate came out, I read tweets saying it's usually one full year before the predecessor's effect wears off.  I don't know how true this is, but you are right that more or less, Trump has not done much when it comes to the economy.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 12:50:32 PM »

I am certain that Trump will be equally diligent in claiming personal responsibility when/if the economy tanks on his watch.

Not.

I am thankful that there exists at least enough restraint that I do not need to endure daily tweets about how he made the sun come up, and what a nice sun it is. (I fully expect him to take credit for the end of winter, though.)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 01:18:49 PM »

Trump is Lord!
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 02:10:33 PM »

The current job growth is just a continuation of the trend since 2009.

Trump has done nothing to change the trajectory.

Of course for republicans everything is different. Obama was preciding over the "slowest recovery in history", while Trump claimed that true unemployment was above 20% in 2016.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 02:13:53 PM »

One actual reason to be thankful for Trump is that he has provided quite a bit of fodder for smart, liberal comedians.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 03:42:08 PM »

Here if my "thank you" to trump ...

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 06:30:01 PM »

I'm thankful that he's likely brought us a return of Congress, made a bunch of Safe R seats merely Lean R this year, and ensured that Obamacare is largely here to stay, with the Overton Window shifting to single-payer and general Universal healthcare.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 06:32:36 PM »

The haters and losers will never accept our newfound national greatness.
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 02:04:11 AM »

A few months ago, when the unemployment rate came out, I read tweets saying it's usually one full year before the predecessor's effect wears off.  I don't know how true this is, but you are right that more or less, Trump has not done much when it comes to the economy.

Look at the stock market. The jump started in November 2016. Trump also cut regulations and the market expects him to cut taxes eventually, as well. If tax cuts appear to be falling through, expectations will get worse and growth will slow down.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 02:45:04 AM »

It's probably an oversimplification but I'd say at least until that president starts passing legislation. They way I look at it, the only reason the economy is continuing as it is, is exactly because nothing Trump has done has had a direct effect on it yet.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 02:53:11 AM »

Which greatness? The world is laughing as us because we have an incomptenent fool in charge, who even can't pass legislation with a GOP congress. Ahh, right, I forgot about the economywhich is the result of the policies of Trump... Barack Obama.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 05:34:21 PM »

Which greatness? The world is laughing as us because we have an incomptenent fool in charge, who even can't pass legislation with a GOP congress. Ahh, right, I forgot about the economywhich is the result of the policies of Trump... Barack Obama.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 07:39:41 PM »

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 08:18:20 PM »

Greatness? In debased politics? In a President who lies frequently and without reason for doing so? In public figures being grilled for corruption?

The only semblance of greatness in Trump's America is best described as a delusion of grandeur.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 08:23:05 PM »

Greatness? In debased politics? In a President who lies frequently and without reason for doing so? In public figures being grilled for corruption?

The only semblance of greatness in Trump's America is best described as a delusion of grandeur.

Sanchez is obviously drinking again

No way someone would say that sober
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 09:13:22 PM »

Yes, I am a hater. I expressed fulminating hatred toward two recently-deceased villains. One was Salvatore Riina, a mobster (Sicilian Mafia) who ended up assassinating judges, prosecutors, and police. The other was Charles Manson. That was in another Forum. "Roast in Hell" language seemed fit for those two. 
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 09:39:13 PM »

I'm thankful we are one year down in this dumpster fire of a presidency.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2017, 10:45:20 PM »

Trump's elected definitely boosted the stock market and policies of deregulation definitely spurred more job growth. Saying he's had no effect is absurd. Most of this is nateak recovery (that was delayed by Presidwbt Obama's policies.)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 10:52:41 PM »

Trump's elected definitely boosted the stock market and policies of deregulation definitely spurred more job growth. Saying he's had no effect is absurd. Most of this is nateak recovery (that was delayed by Presidwbt Obama's policies.)

Uh huh. The stocks have been rising since Obama's election. Also a few regulation cuts will have little-to-no effect on the economy. Trump is, essentially, doing nothing, allowing Obama's policies to continue to strengthen the economy, and then take the credit to please his base. That's it.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 12:57:50 AM »

Uh huh. The stocks have been rising since Obama's election. Also a few regulation cuts will have little-to-no effect on the economy. Trump is, essentially, doing nothing, allowing Obama's policies to continue to strengthen the economy, and then take the credit to please his base. That's it.

Watch out! I see the much-dreaded triple top in which the second and third peaks are not as high as the first.

Triple top and triple bottom are reversal chart patterns used in the technical analysis of stocks, commodities, currencies, and other assets.

From Wikipedia:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

(Wikipedia, so this cannot be a copyright violation).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_top_and_triple_bottom
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 02:41:33 AM »
« Edited: November 25, 2017, 02:50:33 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Great sighting on the triple top. If only your eyes saw the years so that you could tell us what actually happens next.

Oh, that's right, it's up over 2,000 points since that time to the point that the y axis is not very clear about which index it is tracking! (I am not giving political attribution to this: our last two outstanding presidents have both done an amazing job for us here. I am merely pointing out The Stupid of people desperate to score)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2017, 10:20:58 PM »

Newfound? Greatness?

Where? What? How? What the f*** are you talking about?

Basically it seems to me that you are wearing your Florida Republican party Blazer proud and you get promoted to some higher-level internship, but get to wear your red laces at night with eye winking support from the president himself.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2017, 10:58:49 PM »

Sanchez is obviously drinking again

No way someone would say that sober

Lay off the Stoli, Sanchez. Wink
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies