Trump believes F-35 is literally invisible
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:57:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump believes F-35 is literally invisible
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump believes F-35 is literally invisible  (Read 2500 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2017, 12:29:40 PM »

Happy thanksgiving.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomnamako/trump-coast-guard-thanksgiving?utm_term=.qsOPxBLRq#.ua76BP5Ma

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 12:32:15 PM »

This sounds like it's leading up to the greatest "Emperor's New Clothes" moment ever. I can so imagine Trump triumphantly presenting a squadron of invisible jets, and Breitbart and Fox eating it up.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 12:35:22 PM »

Yawn....Trump is showing off his brain damage again
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 12:41:39 PM »

Trump is a walking reason why old men should never be nominated. 
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 12:49:00 PM »

The invisible jet gag is an old one for the Air Force:

It's just that Trump is dumb enough to fall for it.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 12:50:06 PM »

The invisible jet gag is an old one for the Air Force:

It's just that Trump is dumb enough to fall for it.

LOL

+1
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 01:06:27 PM »

He obviously meant because it's so fast. There is plenty to attack him on; making stuff up like this is just ridiculously unnecessary and reduces credibility.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 01:14:10 PM »

He obviously meant because it's so fast. There is plenty to attack him on; making stuff up like this is just ridiculously unnecessary and reduces credibility.

But the text says "even if it's right next to them"
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 01:53:05 PM »

Wrong.
If anything, it's the plane's stealth capabilities. Not its speed.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 01:54:46 PM »

Wrong.
If anything, it's the plane's stealth capabilities. Not its speed.
Regardless, it was obviously hyperbole.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 02:08:58 PM »

Didn't I say yesterday how he does something retarded publicly at least once a day

Sad thing is there's no actual strategy to this...as a longtime NYCer....Trump does retarded things because he's a retard not because 5D chess!
DFL

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 02:11:24 PM »

Didn't I say yesterday how he does something retarded publicly at least once a day

Sad thing is there's no actual strategy to this...as a longtime NYCer....Trump does retarded things because he's a retard not because 5D chess!

Trump is playing chess at such a high dimension that we can’t even see it
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 02:16:14 PM »

Trump is playing chess at such a high dimension that we can’t even see it

Potentially gigantic...if true
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 06:56:52 PM »

President Grandpa has holes in his brain.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 07:45:13 PM »

"Even if its right next to them, it can't see it."

If by "it" he means an enemy aircraft, then he's pretty much right. It has low detectability by radar and infrared. Unless omg he thinks aircraft have eyes like jj the jet plane how stupit!

Man you losers are pedantic. And I hate Trump. There are a million and half criticisms of Trump I'd join in on, but schit like this and covfefe and hooker piss and omg he literally wants to murder Obama's turkeys, just shows how #resistance is a bunch of worthless babies. I cant believe I bothered clicking the show button on the OP.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 08:16:11 PM »

I think what he meant is, like Young Conservative said, it's so fast that even if it were right next to you you couldn't tell that it was there. This was most likely, like YC said, hyperbole (at least, I hope)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 08:31:30 PM »

I think what he meant is, like Young Conservative said, it's so fast that even if it were right next to you you couldn't tell that it was there. This was most likely, like YC said, hyperbole (at least, I hope)

But there are better ways to say that, even for someone like Trump with his elementary vocabulary. I get that as someone who is vehemently anti-Trump, I'm usually less willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I can't help but feel like conservatives are too eagerly playing the role of "Trump translators," where they take statements from Trump that either make no sense or are just plain wrong, and try to tell people it's actually not what they think. If you've ever read some of Trump's speeches, which on paper look bizarrely incoherent, or seen some of his more ridiculous statements, such as "I have a very good brain", then you should be able to agree that Trump says things all the time that are completely false or strangely unintelligible.

That is why I actually do believe he actually meant what he said. He's said far dumber things before. And remember, this is a man who doesn't read, barely listens to people and takes notecard-sized briefings because his attention span is next to nothing. It's totally possible that someone told him it was partially invisible to radar, and because he wasn't listening, actually thought the guy meant "completely invisible" to people.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 08:48:58 PM »

But there are better ways to say that, even for someone like Trump with his elementary vocabulary. I get that as someone who is vehemently anti-Trump, I'm usually less willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I can't help but feel like conservatives are too eagerly playing the role of "Trump translators," where they take statements from Trump that either make no sense or are just plain wrong, and try to tell people it's actually not what they think. If you've ever read some of Trump's speeches, which on paper look bizarrely incoherent, or seen some of his more ridiculous statements, such as "I have a very good brain", then you should be able to agree that Trump says things all the time that are completely false or strangely unintelligible.

That is why I actually do believe he actually meant what he said. He's said far dumber things before. And remember, this is a man who doesn't read, barely listens to people and takes notecard-sized briefings because his attention span is next to nothing. It's totally possible that someone told him it was partially invisible to radar, and because he wasn't listening, actually thought the guy meant "completely invisible" to people.

I guess my past pro-Trumpness(?) keeps wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Who knows at this point Tongue
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 10:02:09 PM »

Trump has a very good brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl5Xb5XoGTU
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 10:04:09 PM »

"Even if its right next to them, it can't see it."

If by "it" he means an enemy aircraft, then he's pretty much right. It has low detectability by radar and infrared. Unless omg he thinks aircraft have eyes like jj the jet plane how stupit!

Man you losers are pedantic. And I hate Trump. There are a million and half criticisms of Trump I'd join in on, but schit like this and covfefe and hooker piss and omg he literally wants to murder Obama's turkeys, just shows how #resistance is a bunch of worthless babies. I cant believe I bothered clicking the show button on the OP.
Someone is really triggered right now. 
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2017, 10:06:00 PM »

Advanced fighter technology actually does have surface materials designed to make the aircraft less visible to the naked eye.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 11:27:21 PM »

Far more ominious for me is the bit a little later in Trump's stream of semi-conciousness:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

"You're going to find that out."

That reads to me like Trump's weasely brain knows something (because he doesn't really plan for second-order consequences. It means that right now he's looking at doing something, ordering something, that will alienate one or more of our solid allies.  So he's getting his excuses ready.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2017, 11:50:32 PM »

Far more ominious for me is the bit a little later in Trump's stream of semi-conciousness:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

"You're going to find that out."

That reads to me like Trump's weasely brain knows something (because he doesn't really plan for second-order consequences. It means that right now he's looking at doing something, ordering something, that will alienate one or more of our solid allies.  So he's getting his excuses ready.

Eh remember that whole “you’ll see” debacle? Trump just says dumb stuff
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2017, 02:01:07 AM »

"...ALMOST like an invisible fighter" He's clearly referring to it being fast and difficult to detect.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2017, 07:49:38 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies