Was de-modding me one of the biggest mistakes ...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:01:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Was de-modding me one of the biggest mistakes ...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: committed by DAVE and the AWHS ?
Yes, big mistake.

No, it was correct.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Was de-modding me one of the biggest mistakes ...  (Read 1759 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2017, 12:35:59 PM »

Huh

It's a year or something similar and the quality on the poll boards is pretty bad since I got de-modded.

The poster "Virginia" even asked me recently why I PM'd her about a double-stickied thread on top of the page ...
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 12:43:21 PM »

The poster "Virginia" even asked me recently why I PM'd her about a double-stickied thread on top of the page ...

Did you ever stop for a moment and think why it was like that? I intended to leave it double-stickied for a couple days for anyone who was having a discussion with someone/responded to posts on the last page of the thread could carry it over into the new thread. I don't expect everyone to read the link in the first post of the new thread. I did this last time with the Georgia/MT special elections too, and that time I ignored your PM to remove it, at which point I guess you PM'd Brittain33 because the sticky was removed.

Every time an election comes up, it seems like you want to act as some sort of shadow Moderator. Here's a thought: stop. I don't need nor want your help, so stop PM'ing me with your sage mod advice.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 12:50:37 PM »

Did you ever stop for a moment and think why it was like that? I intended to leave it double-stickied for a couple days for anyone who was having a discussion with someone/responded to posts on the last page of the thread could carry it over into the new thread. I don't expect everyone to read the link in the first post of the new thread. I did this last time with the Georgia/MT special elections too, and that time I ignored your PM to remove it, at which point I guess you PM'd Brittain33 because the sticky was removed.

Every time an election comes up, it seems like you want to act as some sort of shadow Moderator. Here's a thought: stop. I don't need nor want your help, so stop PM'ing me with your sage mod advice.

I am always handing out advice, if you don't like it - ignore it ... Wink

My problem is not really you though, but in past were the "moderators" known as "Kalwejt" and constantly-cantankerous "Hashemite", quasi-fascists and totally incompetent for this job. Pretty ridiculous that they were chosen for it ...
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 12:53:18 PM »

Yes. Austria did the right thing and elected Sebastian Kurz, so we should give them something as a reward Smiley.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 01:05:45 PM »

but in past were the "moderators" known as "Kalwejt" and constantly-cantankerous "Hashemite", quasi-fascists and totally incompetent for this job. Pretty ridiculous that they were chosen for it ...

I guess you'll just have to forgive me for saying that it seems like an interesting coincidence that the two examples of bad Moderators you gave are the ones who wished to curtail your Austria-posting in the international boards.

You were canned for your abusive outburst, and by Dave, who made that decision himself. It wasn't a question of your moderating decisions. I imagine if you asked Dave, he would say it was not a mistake, because there wasn't another option in his mind. I'm sure if anyone else on the mod team said what you said, we'd also get booted out. There have already been similar examples since last year.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 01:11:14 PM »

Mods plz don't fight in front of me it gives me flashbacks to my mom and dad arguing before they got divorced okay thanks Sad
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 01:11:31 PM »

No, it was obviously the right call and whining about it like this doesn’t help your case.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 01:16:07 PM »

but in past were the "moderators" known as "Kalwejt" and constantly-cantankerous "Hashemite", quasi-fascists and totally incompetent for this job. Pretty ridiculous that they were chosen for it ...

I guess you'll just have to forgive me for saying that it seems like an interesting coincidence that the two examples of bad Moderators you gave are the ones who wished to curtail your Austria-posting in the international boards.

You were canned for your abusive outburst, and by Dave, who made that decision himself. It wasn't a question of your moderating decisions. I imagine if you asked Dave, he would say it was not a mistake, because there wasn't another option in his mind. I'm sure if anyone else on the mod team said what you said, we'd also get booted out. There have already been similar examples since last year.

The problem here is the obvious hypocrisy: "Kalwejt" is a literal fascist, who thinks he can do whatever he wants and deletes posts that are not in line his world-view. Frankly, it is me who can post what I want here on any topic and as much as I want, as long as it's not against the rules. But yeah, I get de-modded for a single, not even-seriously-meant comment ... Roll Eyes

And then there's "Hash", who (among other filthy, character-assassinating backstabbers) continued talking and ridiculing me behind my back on the other forum ...

But hey ! They can stay on as mods ... Great judgement, Dave and Co. !
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 01:55:44 PM »

Nein
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 04:48:04 PM »

I don't know nothing else going on here for certain, but I know Kal was a sh**tty, authoritarian mod with a heavy hand.  I also know his fellow travelers don't see it that way.  I don't know why you (Tender) should care what the cowards say about you behind the curtain though, it's what soft people do and soft people can't hurt you.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 04:55:53 PM »

What did you get demodded for anyway?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 06:10:58 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=218758.msg4964879#msg4964879
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 12:57:26 AM »

Huh

It's a year or something similar and the quality on the poll boards is pretty bad since I got de-modded.

what is a double-stickied thread?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 08:16:07 AM »

This has to be near the top of the list in the category of attention whore threads.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 08:22:05 AM »

I don't know nothing else going on here for certain, but I know Kal was a sh**tty, authoritarian mod with a heavy hand.  I also know his fellow travelers don't see it that way.  I don't know why you (Tender) should care what the cowards say about you behind the curtain though, it's what soft people do and soft people can't hurt you.

What?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 08:31:41 AM »

This has to be near the top of the list in the category of attention whore threads.

The whole thread needs to go into the absurd mine.  Ugh.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 02:34:27 PM »

This thread shows that it was absolutely the correct choice.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 05:26:49 PM »

I was only thirty years old.
I loved Austria so much, I had all the factbooks and electoral data.
I'd pray to Austria every night before I go to bed, thanking for the life I've been given.
"Austria is relevant", I would say, "Austria is interesting".
The moderator hears me and calls me a troll.
I knew he was just jealous for my devotion of Austria.
I called him a literal fascist.
He infarcts me and sends me to go to sleep.

Please stop messaging me about funny threads, because I can't resist checking them out.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 05:40:36 PM »

I'm torn because de-modding you has probably freed up time for you to go stalking teenagers out in the woods as well as assorted basement activities.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2017, 05:45:39 PM »

Austria legitimately is the second best country in the world (after the Netherlands, come fight me bruh). They definitely beat the Germans at speaking German.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 07:04:47 PM »

Austria legitimately is the second best country in the world (after the Netherlands, come fight me bruh). They definitely beat the Germans at speaking German.

Just like the Brazilians are better than the Portuguese at their own language.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2017, 07:29:14 PM »

So what is "AWHS"?  Atlas Women's High School?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 07:54:00 PM »

My relatives always used to say nobody works less but lives more than the Austrians
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2017, 05:44:19 AM »

So what is "AWHS"?  Atlas Women's High School?

Atlas Witch Hunt Society.

And the AWHS is still acting in full force, when you look at the results and the comments ...
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2017, 06:20:49 AM »
« Edited: November 25, 2017, 06:22:33 AM by coloniac »

What would you bring to the moderation that isn't already present, Tender?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies